Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Secrets Of Untold Truths by crukekeeper

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2





Hermione Granger took one last look at her cluttered desk. Quickly grabbing a folder from the top of a stack, she shut her eyes and disappeared with a POP.





She reappeared in front of a small, quiet quaint little home. Knowing there was no one home, she whispered, 'Alohomora,' and entered. Quietly locking the door behind her, she went upstairs and into the first door on her right. Taking a seat in the corner of the room, Hermione cast a Disillusionment Charm that would make James not notice her when he entered.





***





When James finally came in, Hermione gasped. Watching as he began to flip through a book, she couldn't help but notice how much he looked like his father. And when he turned his head, Hermione noticed his eyes were like his mother's. When his mouth curved up into a smile, she saw his mother smiling through those same lips.





Not being able to wait a moment longer, Hermione removed the charm and took a deep breath. It's finally time for him to know about his past…I can't wait! She then took a step forward.





"Hello, James."





She almost laughed when James' head shot up, and he screamed.





***





"Who are you?!?" a frightened James asked.





"Why, I'm your guest! Shouldn't you be offering me a seat or something of that sort?" chuckled the stranger.





James was too shocked to move.





"Very well," sighed the stranger, taking a seat at the foot of James' bed.





"Who are you?" James managed to stutter.





"Oh!" The stranger looked up from the folder she was holding. "I am Hermione Granger, the Headmistress of Hogwarts."





James gaped at her. "Is this some kind of prank? I bet Alex is laughing at me right now… Alex? Are you in here?"





Hermione smiled grimly. "This is no joke. Would you like me to explain?"





James paused, and then slowly nodded. He sat down in his chair and began to listen.





"When you mother was pregnant with you, she decided that the only way you keep you safe was to not tell your father, and, therefore, keeping you away from those wishing to harm your father."





"My father? But he's downstairs-"





"No," Hermione stopped him, "you are not James Anguria."





James' eyes popped out. "So you mean I'm-"





Hermione nodded. "Yes. You are James Potter, to whom the parcel was addressed."





James was puzzled. "Then what am I doing here?"





"Let me finish. When you were born, your mother immediately sent you to a family friend. She knew the Angurias through a close friend she once had at school."





"Who?" James leaned forward, listening intently.





"Ashley Anguria. She and your mother were the best of friends. Sadly, though, Ashley was killed by Lord Voldemort." Hermione shuddered.





"Lord who?"





"Lord Voldemort. Around the time you were born, Lord Voldemort was the most powerful dark wizard in the world."





"Wizard?" James fell off his chair.





"Have I not mentioned that yet? Whoops! My fault! Anyway, you are familiar with the concept of wizards and magic, yes?"





James nodded.





"Good. That makes things a lot easier. You'll have a lot of catching up to do. A whole three years. Don't worry, though - I'll personally come by to help you out. Of course, you'll be withdrawn out of your current muggle school. You only have a few months to learn what others have had years to learn."





"Wait - what?" James stared at Hermione stupidly. "I have to catch up on what? I can't possibly be a wizard."





Hermione sighed. "Haven't you ever experienced something that you couldn't explain?" Satisfied with James' silence, she continued. "Those experienced happened because of you and the magic that you couldn't control. Actually, I'm surprised that nothing worse has yet happened." Seeing the look of shock on James' face, Hermione paused. "Let me go through this one more time…"





***





After Hermione had explained things multiple times, James finally seemed to understand.





"So," asked James, his voice shaking, "when do I get all of my stuff?"





"Tomorrow morning. I'll come and pick you up, and then we can go," Hermione stood up to leave.





"Wait, can I ask you something?" Hermione paused.





"What?"





"Why didn't I enter Hogwarts when I turned eleven? Why now?"





Hermione sighed. "I would explain more, but I have no time. When you turned eleven, a very large event occurred - one that was too dangerous for you to be vulnerable for dark wizards to discover you - and you needed to be kept hidden. Your mother decided it was best to delay your entering into the wizarding world."





"What event?"





"You'll know soon anyway, I don't really need to explain that."





"Oh. Okay."





"And, before I leave, I want you to know that you'll be going to Hogwarts as James Anguria, not James Potter. It's for your safety."





James nodded. "Alright."





"Good. Now, I must report to other important business. I'll see you tomorrow morning!" And with that, Hermione Granger disappeared with a POP.





***





James bolted up. Had it all been a dream? He eyes wandered around the room, resting on the pile of stuff that he had gotten the previous night. It was all real. Taking a glance at the clock that was dangerously close to falling off his bedside table, he saw that it was 8:34. Shit, he thought. That Headmistress lady will be here soon. Quickly pulling on jeans and a tee shirt, James ran downstairs, only to find his parents already seated at the table.





"Mom? Dad?" he questioned as he sat down. "Err…" He remembered what the Headmistress had said the previous night.





"No, it's okay, we'll always be 'Mom' and 'Dad' to you," Mrs. Anguria rushed, not wanting James to feel awkward.





James smiled. "I can do that."





There was a POP! And Hermione Granger appeared in their kitchen. "Good morning! I trust you all slept well?"





James and Mr. Anguria slowly nodded while Mrs. Anguria leapt to her feet. "Oh my gosh! Hermione! It has been too long since we have last seen you!" She embraced Hermione in a motherly hug.





James was shocked. "You know them?!" he gaped at Hermione.





Hermione chuckled. "Of course. I was - and still am - good friends with your mother, and of Ashley. I spent more than one summer here in this house," she replied as she gazed fondly around the room."





James just stared while Mrs. Anguria began to laugh. "Now now, James, you know better than to have your mouth open like that," She then leaned over and shut James' mouth.





James then grinned. "So when are we leaving?"





Hermione glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. "Now."


***








A/N: And that's chapter 2!! I hope that clears up some confusion for you readers on why James is 14!