Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Secrets Of Untold Truths by crukekeeper

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This story gets more complex by the chapter! I promise, however, that things will clear up soon, and that I can get the story REALLY going. :)
Chapter 3


Adara fingered her long hair.

"Can I cut it? Please?"

"Oh, Adara! Why in the world would you want to cut it?" Adara's mother was shocked.

"Well…" Adara paused, searching for an answer, "well, I'm bored."

Adara's mother was aghast at her daughter's reply. "You're bored, so you want to cut your beautiful hair?"

Adara nodded. "There's more. I don't want to be identified anymore as the 'girl with the pretty hair.' It gets in the way of things."

"What things?"

"Everything."

Her mother glared at her with Adara stareing back with the same intensity, then he green eyes softened and sheepishly, she rephrased her words. "Well, it bothers me. I hate being branded by a materialistic thing that shouldn't even matter to people!" Adara continued. "I'm always considered the pretty girl wherever I go. I can't do a lot of things because people think that I'm snotty and boys constantly wink at me. I hate it, I hate it, I HATE IT!"

"What's wrong with being the pretty girl?"

Adara cocked an eyebrow. "I don't mind being pretty, but sometimes, I feel as if my hair is more important than me!"

Her mother sighed. "Fine." She paused. "How short do you want it?"

Adara jumped up and down with glee. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

***

Mrs. Asya had dealt with Adara's energy since she had been adopted. She knew nothing about Adara's past, except for the name on the bracelet that had been tied around Adara's wrist when she was found in an abandoned building. The locket she always wore around her neck had been tucked into an envelope.

"Adara, I have something to show you." Mrs. Asya opened the drawer of a nearby desk and took out a fat envelope.

Curious, Adara leaned forward to take a closer look. "What is it?"

"Do you remember when you were found in that building?"

Adara nodded. Mrs. Asya had told her the story many times before.

"Well, When you were found, you had a bracelet and a locket, both of which you are wearing now." Adara nodded, waiting for her to continue. "Well, the locket came in an envelope. But, there was something else in that envelope. A letter."

Adara's eyes grew wide open in shock. "A what?"

Mrs. Asya handed Adara the envelope. "I wanted to give it to you sooner but the note accompanying it said not to give it to you until your 14th birthday so I waited." Mrs. Asya stood up."I will wait untill you are ready to come down," she walked over to the door but her hand lingered on the knob. "And," her mother added, acting as if nothing was wrong and as if the letter that Adara was about to read wouldn't change anything at all. "Remember that right after Christmas you will be leaving again for Hogwarts so pack your things up properly." And without a seconds hesitation Mrs. Asya walked out of the room, leaving her daughter alone.

As soon as Mrs. Asya left the room, Adara flipped the letter and opened it with trembling fingers. Her eyes grew wide open as she read.

Dear Adara,

Happy 14th birthday my dear! First off, I would like to say that I love you very much. I wish this letter wasn't necessary, and that I could be hugging you right now, giving you your birthday presents. But I can't be there with you, and I'm very sorry. When I became pregnant with you, I kept the fact hidden from your father. You see, he is a very important figure in society, and I didn't want to put you or your father in danger in case enemies would discover your existence. So I kept you secret by wearing baggy clothes and such. When I began to show more obviously, I decided to stay with a friend for the rest of my term. Your father, of course, was busy and let me go without question. So in that way, your father never discovered your existence. Oh- somewhere along my pregnancy, I discovered that I was to have twins. My dear Adara, you have a brother. Oh, if only I could visit you…but I do not know where you are going to be when you get this. Your brother's location I do know, but you- you could be around the planet. But somehow, I know that you are close. I trust Dumbledore's skills. Dumbledore is the only connection I have to you. Through him, I know that you are safe. My dear, all shall be revealed soon. Patience will find us together again. And perhaps you'll be lucky enough to meet your brother again someday.


With love,

Your mother


Adara lifted her face towards the ceiling completly astounded that she had a brother. But what mattered most to her at the moment was the person who had written the letter to her. "Mother," she whispered to herself, "where are you?"

***

Hidden from view, Mrs. Asya wiped away the tears streaming from her eyes. Soon, Adara would leave for school, and by the end of the year, she might not even return. Happy and sad at the same time, Mrs. Asya slipped out the door to give Adara some time to think.