Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A New Beginning by MissPriss86

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter four: Not What It Seems


Harry and Ginny broke apart with little awkward smiles on their faces.

A small “Awwww” emerged from Hermione, whom Harry, blushing a deep scarlet, just realized was standing in the doorway. Yet, he never let go of Ginny’s hand.

As Ron and Hermione started to walk into the kitchen, a loud bang, followed by the sound of the door falling down exploded like dynamite in the dead silence. Six hooded figures appeared in the doorway and made their way into the room, looking around.

“Well,” spoke one, “It’s been a while since I’ve been in my dear cousin’s house…”

Harry gritted his teeth and Ginny squeezed his hand tighter.

“Lestrange,” he spat in pure hatred.

A shattering laughter broke through the calm air as the one who had spoken took her hood off.

“Hello Harry, come to play again?” she shrieked as she pulled out her wand.

“EXPELLIARMUS!” yelled Harry, his own wand raised.

Bellatrix Lestrange’s wand flew into the hands of a fellow Death Eater who faithfully returned it to its owner. Lestrange’s eyes narrowed towards Harry.

“Don't even try, boy,” she teased. “That was my dear cousin’s downfall.”

Harry wrenched himself off of the couch and thrust his wand in her direction, his arm shaking with anger. He had waited so long for the moment he could kill Sirius’s murderer. She smiled evilly at his feeble attempt.

“Just like dear Sirius, aren’t we now?” she asked playfully. “But does little baby Potter remember what happened to him…and his parents…and dear, old, caring Dumbledore?”

Harry trembled, not with fear or sadness, but with great anger. Lestrange screeched with laughter and addressed the other three teenagers in the room.

“Two Weasleys, I see, and this filthy little Mudblood again?” she hissed.

Ginny knew this would be the end and stood up next to Harry, wand also pointed at Lestrange. Bellatrix’s eyes sparked with amusement.

“Has little Harry Potter found himself a girlfriend? How sweet, you can die together,” she exclaimed, thoroughly enjoying herself. “But…I think I’ll kill dear Harry in front of this one…or should I kill the girl and put yet another weight on his shoulders before he dies?”

Ginny gave Lestrange the nastiest look imaginable and growled, “Don't listen to her Harry. Whatever happens is not your fault, do you understand?”

Harry barely heard her and was still shaking all over. As Bellatrix was giving instructions to a nearby death eater about Ron and Hermione, he screamed, “CRUCIO” and aimed the curse at Lestrange. She screamed, then recovered rather quickly.

“Potter you still don't mean what you’re saying; your hatred can only make me suffer for so long.” She pointed her wand at him then yelled the same curse he had used, but directed it at Ginny Weasley instead.

Ginny fell to the floor, screaming and crying and thrashing about, over Harry’s feet. He stooped down and tried calming her then yelled, “EXPELLIARMUS!!” so Lestrange would have to shield herself.

Ginny lay at his feet, crying and panting like she just woke up from a nightmare. Harry pulled her up.

“Leave them alone, Lestrange. Your fight is with me,” he yelled bravely.

Lestrange, who had a gleam in her eyes like she knew an inside joke, squealed, “Potter…you love this girl, don't you?”

Harry stood in place for a moment, pondering what to say. He figured she already knew, so he replied, “Yes…do whatever you want with me, but please don't hurt my friends.”

Bellatrix Lestrange’s eyes flickered for a moment before she said sweetly, “I’ll make a deal, Potter. If you come with us to the Dark Lord, we won't force anything on your friends. Not death, nor torture.”

Harry thought for a moment before letting go of Ginny and nodding his head yes. Two Death Eaters bound him with their wands and Lestrange let out a crackling laughter once he was bound.

“YOU SWORE!” he yelled, fighting the binds.

She was even more excited than when she had walked into the house to start with. “It’s not that, Potter,” she spat. “It’s just that…oh, Ginny, good work! You played the part so well! He actually fell in love with you! The Dark Lord will be very pleased.”

Harry felt as if someone had stabbed him in the stomach with a knife over and over again. His head grew heavy and he felt his knees start to buckle. He couldn’t even feel the air he somehow knew he was breathing in; his whole body felt numb except for the stinging of tears in his eyes. Harry looked right at Ginny with his green eyes, except this time they were full of hurt. Lestrange’s laughter echoed around the room, but all Harry was focused on was Ginny. She looked back at him guiltily, not speaking because her voice wouldn’t work.

“Ginny…” Harry croaked, “Is this…true?”

Ginny looked at Lestrange’s smiling face and then back at Harry’s horror-struck expression. Her eyes told him the answer. Harry went limp; his legs gave way underneath him.

“All this time…” he mumbled, “You never even cared? All those lies about nothing being my fault and that you had never stopped loving me since the day you met me? WAS THE ONLY REASON YOU WANTED TO COME WITH US WAS SO YOU COULD TELL VOLDEMORT OUR PLANS AND WHAT WE WERE DOING? ARE YOU THE REASON THEY KNOW ABOUT HEADQUARTERS? ARE YOU THE REASON DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD?”

Ginny lowered her head and Lestrange cried, “Ginny dear, don't listen to him. Your real friends are us now darling, your fellow Death Eaters.”

Ginny looked up at Lestrange and gave an evil grin almost worthy of Bellatrix Lestrange herself.

Harry found the strength to yell, “GINNY, LOOK AT WHAT YOU’RE DOING. THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE WILL DIE BECAUSE OF YOU.”

Lestrange turned and hissed, “Potter, your biggest weakness was trust. Not every Death Eater has the mark. Ginny here realizes how much power she can have if she stays with us.” Then, she took out a vile of dark liquid and poured it down Hermione’s and Ron’s throats, both of whom were too horror-struck to even fight it, before giving it to Harry as well.

“Sweet dreams…” she whispered in his ear.

A/N: hahaha! Not what it seems!!!! Hope you liked it…though I would hate it because I love Ginny. and sorry if it's short, there wasnt really a good place to cut it off