Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

What Trelawney Never Predicted by Marauder24

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 6: You Silly Little Girl



Ginny was hovering around consciousness. Sometimes fully aware of where she was, sometimes not. Her captors have been torturing her ever since they brought her here. Wherever this was.

She figured she was somewhere in a basement. Currently, only two of her captors were in the room. She could never forget these two. All the times they, along with Malfoy, had given Harry as hard a time as possible.

She had enough strength to lift her head up and look into the eyes of Crabbe and Goyle. They were smiling at her.

Goyle turned and walked out the door, presumably to get their leader. Her assumption were right. Goyle returned minutes later with another blast from the past. The third captor walked and stood in front of Ginny. Ginny smiled at a face that she never thought she would see ever again. She smiled at the features of her former teacher, Dolores Umbridge.

“So, you’re awake, Mrs. Potter,” said Umbridge.

Ginny was so tired. The semi-constant torture had sapped her of most of her strength, but she had enough for this encounter. “Sorry to disappoint you,” Ginny said, sarcastically.

“Not at all disappointed. Actually, I’m quite pleased.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, why are you doing this?” Ginny asked.

Umbridge seemed to ponder that question for a few moments. Eventually she responded, “Revenge.”

“Revenge?”

“Yes Mrs. Potter, revenge. Harry and his friends, including you, ruined my life. Thanks to that miserable Ms. Granger and your husband, I was nearly killed by those centaurs.”

“Nearly killed. Don’t make me laugh, it hurts to laugh. Oh and by the way, it’s not Ms. Granger anymore. Now it’s Mrs. Weasley.”

“How unfortunate for your family. Anyways, I’ll deal with her later.”

“You want revenge on Harry for only that. If he didn’t get away from you Voldemort never would have been exposed. He might still be alive.”


“No, you silly little girl. It goes far beyond that.”

“I’m not a little girl anymore. If you had went for a fair fight I could have taken any one of you three, probably all three,” she said trying to provoke them.

“You might not be a little girl anymore, but it still goes far beyond the centaurs. When he was named the new Minster, for instance. I should have been the new minister. It shouldn’t have gone to an inexperienced non-Ministry official. It should have gone to someone experienced. Someone like me. Someone who always had the Ministry’s best interest at heart and not a barely of-age liar who put the truth over what’s best for the Ministry.”

“I thought I asked you to not make me laugh. Why would you think you had any chance? Everyone knows that you’re a cruel, miserable, foul woman. Dobby the house elf would have been a better choice than you.”

That was the last straw. Umbridge’s face tightened and she bellowed out the word Ginny was becoming all too familiar with, “Crucio.”


******


Mike and Kingsley were still creeping around outside. They had made their way to the front door and were figuring out the plan of action. “She is most likely down in the basement,” said Mike. Kingsley only nodded. “What do you think we should do?”

Kingsley only smiled and motioned to the door with his wand. Mike smiled back and said, “Yeah, I’m sick and tired of sneaking around. I think a very forward and aggressive approach would work here. Just got to make sure we’re fast enough.”

“Yeah, that is a problem,” Kingsley replied.

“Don’t worry about that. I have an idea. Well, on the count of three. One... Two... Three.”

Kingsley raised his wand and bellowed out, “Reducto.” The door was blown off its hinges. It landed a few feet into the hallway beyond it. Kingsley, followed by Mike flowed into the hall. Kingsley ran toward the door to the basement, but Mike stopped.

Mike shrugged his shoulder and thought. “Well here it goes.” He pointed his wand at the floor. With a non-verbal spell and a flash of light, a hole below where Mike was standing was blown in the floor. Mike dropped and fell to the floor in the basement.

Crabbe, Goyle, and their leader were in a state of high confusion. Just a minute ago, they were torturing Ginny and the next the front door was being blown to pieces and it was raining wizards.


Mike spotted the unconscious form of Ginny chained against the wall. He sent a spell in her direction. It hit the chains that were keeping her tied to the wall. They shattered and Ginny fell to the ground. Before her captors could recover, he conjured some large couch, for cover, in front of Ginny. He hopped behind it just as the figure pointed their wands and screamed “Stupefy.” Two of the curses went flying into the wall behind Mike and Ginny. Clearly two of the figures weren’t very skilled. However, the third was aimed well, but it hit the couch just as Mike had jumped behind it.

Kingsley chose, just that moment, to appear at the bottom of the steps. He was on the other side of Umbridge, Crabbe, and Goyle. Umbridge noticed this and turned to face him. Crabbe and Goyle rushed forward to engage Mike.

Mike saw this happening and a thought formulated itself in his mind. He raised his wand to the ceiling and screamed, “Reducto.” The ceiling collapsed in front of the two, halting their progress. Two succesive stunning spells came flying through the dust and hit the pair in the chest. When the dust setteled, Mike stood up to help Kingsley. He found that Kingsley was doing just fine and bent down to pick up Ginny.

Kingsley was blocking or dodging every spell from Umbridge. He was toying with her, and having a lot of fun with it. He saw Mike standing with Ginny in his arms wearing an impatient look on his face. Kingsley only smiled and continued on with his little game.

Mike was fed up; he raised his wand and pointed it at Umbridge. With one well placed stunning spell, Umbridge was down.

“What did you do that for?” asked Kingsley.

“Let’s just get this over with. I want to get home to my wife.”

“So? She’s just your wife,” Kingsley said jokingly. He was clearly in a good mood. Nothing like a goof fight to boost a mood.

“When you finally get married you’ll understand my hurry,” said Mike with a mischievous smile. Kingsley only shrugged and the pair, along with Ginny, dissaparated.

Moments later they arrived outside the Burrow. Mike could hear Harry screaming inside. He wanted to know what was going to be done about his wife. A baby was crying as well. Mike nodded and let Kingsley lead the way to the door.

Harry jumped up as he saw Mike coming inside with Ginny in his arms. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked as Mike went into the living room and laid her on a couch. Christina came running forward and started checking her over. It sure is handy to have a St. Mungo’s healer around.

Mike stood up and turned to Harry. “She was being tortured.”
“By who?” Harry demanded.

“I don’t know two of them, but I did recognize their leader. It was Dolores Umbridge.”

“Her Why did she do this?”

“Calm down Harry,” pleaded Hermione. She had just come into the room. “Kingsley just left with Tonks to get her and bring her to the Ministry.”

Ginny started to squirm. She got just two words out. “C-c-c-rabe, G-g-g-oyle.”

“Crabbe, Goyle. Why would they be involved in this?” asked Harry.

“That doesn’t matter. We need to get her to St. Mungo’s right now,” said Christina. She had just finished checking her over and had stood to face Harry. “We can figure everything out later. Just get her to St. Mungo’s as soon as possible.”

Harry nodded and handed Emily, who had been crying the entire time, to Hermione. He picked Ginny up and was gone seconds later.

Christina turned to her husband and sighed. “I’m so happy that she’s back,” she said as she moved towards him. Mike wrapped his arms around her.

He held her for a few minutes before asking, “Is she going to be fine?”

Christina looked at her husband and replied, “I think so.”