Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

What Trelawney Never Predicted by Marauder24

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I'm sorry to say this, but this will be the last chapter. Due to school and the fact that I have some other original projects that I've been working on, I haven't been able to work on the story very often. I also decided to end it here due to difficulty coming up with ideas that would propel the story firther. Again, I'm sorry to say that this is the last chapter. I might one day, write a short epilouge.
Chapter 7:



Harry stood in a doorway watching the healers hovering around the unconscious form of his wife. The healers were casting various spells and brewing a couple of potions. All aimed at healing Ginny. Harry watched every small movement that was made. From the tiniest twitch of a wand to a healer running across the room. He was so engrossed in the goings on of the healers around Ginny that he barely noticed when someone came up to him and took him by the arm, ushering him out of the room into the hallway.

“How is she?” he asked when they were out in the hallway.

The black hair witch responded, “For now, she is ok. We used every spell and potion that we could. She is resting comfortably. She had some internal bleeding from the torture but we stopped that. She is still unconscious though. I think she will be fine. All that remains is to wait for her to wake up.” Harry felt somewhat relieved at the news. “If you don’t mind me asking, Minister, who did this to her?”

Harry got visibly angered at this. The witch started to slowly step backward when Harry said, “It was Dolores Umbridge. Some Minister, I’ve been. It’s only been a week and my wife has been kidnapped and almost killed.” The Witch was shocked to hear Umbridge’s name.

Harry walked past her and went into Ginny’s room. All the healers were gone. Ginny was laying on her bed quietly. Harry sat down next to her and put his hand on top of hers. He sighed and slumped back in his chair. Harry thought back on the events of the past week. From Scrimgeour’s announcement to him to actually taking his office only the day before Ginny was kidnapped. The former Minister was staying on as a temporary advisor. Similar to how Fudge stayed on to help Scrimgeour after he was sacked.

Harry was content to just sit back and wait for Ginny to wake up. Forsaking everything else. He would sit by her side for a lifetime, never leaving, if he had to. He sat there undisturbed until Percy Weasley came barging in.

“Minister Potter, Umbridge, along with Crabbe and Goyle, have been taken into Ministry control. Is there anything else you would like me to do?” he asked.

“Send a team of Aurors to my personal residence and update to protective spells. Make sure that Tonks and Shacklebolt are in the team.”

“Yes, Minister,” Percy replied. Percy looked down at his sister laying on the bed unconscious and asked, “How is she?”

“She should be fine. The healers did everything they could. We just have to wait until she wakes up.” Percy nodded and started to leave. When he was half way through the door, Harry called him back.

“I’ll let her know you were concerned when she wakes up.” Percy nodded and seemed touched, especially after all the grief he had caused for Harry and the rest of the Weasley clan. “And one more thing, you have known me long enough. You can call me Harry when no one else is around.” Percy nodded and left.

Harry resumed his watch over Ginny. He brushed her hair off her face and stared at her. With everything that had happened in the past week, he had almost forgotten how simpily her presence could affect him. The seconds turned to minutes, and minutes into hours. Almost two hours after Percy’s visit, Ginny stirred and opened her eyes. Harry smiling was the first thing she saw.

“What happened?” she asked.

“Kingsley and Mike found you. Umbridge, Crabbe, and Goyle are in custody. Are you ok?” When she nodded her asked, “What did Umbridge kidnap you for?”

“Basically revenge. She said it should have been her and not you that became the new Minister.” Harry’s face contorted with rage. “Has anyone visited yet?”

“Just Percy.”

“I bet he just came to report to you.”

“Yes and no. He did come to tell me that Umbridge and the others were in custody, but he was concerned about you.” Ginny almost looked shocked. A smile came to her face and she laughed out loud. “No, he really was worried about you.”

“Really?”

“Yes. He is your brother after all.”

“Why haven’t mum and dad come by yet?”

“I don’t know. Probably because they’re watching Emily.”

At that very moment the door opened and revealed the whole Weasley clan cramped into the hallway. Leading the way was Mrs. Weasley, with Emily in her arms. Harry stood up and went over to Mrs. Weasley. “Here, let me take her.” She smiled and handed him his daughter. She was sleeping soundly. Harry went back to his chair and sat down. Ginny sat up in her bed and put her hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“I’m so happy you are ok, dear,” exclaimed Mrs. Weasley as she walked to Ginny’s side and hugged her. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m ok. I just woke up a couple of minutes ago. I’m sorry that you had to watch Emily for so long.”

“Ginny, it is ok. We were glad to watch her. She is our grand-daughter after all,” said Mr. Weasley. The rest of the Weasleys came up to Ginny and conveyed their happiness that she was all right and their fury at what was done to her. Before long it was time for everyone to leave. Harry said his goodbye’s and had to ask Mrs. Weasley to babysit Emily for him because he was going to stay overnight with Ginny.

“I’ll be by in the morning. I’ll have to take her into the Ministry with me.”

“Don’t be silly Harry. I’m glad to take her for as long as need be.”

“No. You can’t keep her all the time. I couldn’t do that to you. I have barley seen her lately. With everything from the Ministry responsibilities to the kidnapping.” He looked at his parents-in-laws and smiled. “I’m the Minister. I can do anything I want.”

Mrs. Weasley was ready to insist that she would take care of Emily for as long as Ginny was in St. Mungo’s when Mr. Weasley interrupted. “It’s ok Molly. She will be fine at the Ministry. I’ll check in on her and Harry as much as I can.”

Mrs. Weasley nodded and left with the rest of her family. Harry sat back down. Some time during Harry’s conversation with Mrs. Weasley, Ginny had fallen asleep. He laughed and held her hand until someone knocked on the door frame.

Harry looked up to see Christina standing in the door frame. She was smiling. “How is she?” she asked.

“She’s going to be fine. She woke up earlier. She just fell back asleep.”

“That’s good. Mike and me were going to stop by but we thought it should be a family moment. I just came on shift a couple of minutes ago. I just wanted to stop in and see how she was.”

“She will be fine. I don’t know what I would have done if she didn’t make it. I don’t know how I would have made it alone with Emily and being Minister.”

“There is no need to even think about it. Everything will be fine.”

Harry nodded and said, ‘When you see Mike tell him I said thanks.”

“No problem,” she replied.