Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

This Is How the Story Ends by venusgreenight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A HUGE shout out to all my reviewers. PEACE OUT! Lol



WEASLEY WIZARD WHEEZES: DIAGON ALLEY

The next morning Harry walked into the kitchen to the smell of sausage. He breathed in deeply.

“Ah, that smells great, honey,” he sighed, sitting down at the table and picking up the Daily Prophet. The flashing image of the Dark Mark enveloped the front page. The pit of Harry’s stomach turned cold. Bright bold letters blared across the page, reading: DARK MARK SIGHTED; ARE WE SAFE FROM THE DARK LORD?

Underneath the bold heading, Harry read:

June 27th, the Dark Mark hovered gruesomely over the former Minister of Magic’s home. Many cowered in fear, remembering vividly the times when the Dark Mark signified the death of their own loved ones. What does this mean? Many wonder. Are we safe? Is the Dark Lord, indeed, back? Minister of Magic, Arthur Weasley, urges calm.

“We have Ministry officials working on it, so do not fear. Our Aurors have been alerted.” The Minister also mentioned that this very well might just be a prank. But how hilarious a prank is murdering a former politician, and then framing it on the deceased Dark Lord?


Harry groaned and flipped to another section of the paper, not wishing to read more about the Dark Mark. Instead he turned to Cho Chang’s advice column.

Dear Miss Chang,
I have the sneakiest suspicion that my wife has taken up the habit of lying to me. I ask where she’s going and she about hexes me. She’s constantly slinking around behind my back. Please, what can I do to get my Docas back?
-Frantic in France

France,
Don’t worry. I’ve dealt many a time with people who have lied and cheated behind my back. Confront her and tell her how you feel. If she comes out and tells you a horrible truth, you should realize that she never was for you in the first place and that you should immediately dump her.


Harry laughed dryly to himself. He wasn’t in the cheeriest of moods. He had only woken up and he was already reminded of the job he had to do.

After a quick breakfast, Harry dressed, kissed his wife and daughter good-bye, grabbed his cloak and apparated to Diagon Alley.

The bell on the door of Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes rang cheerfully as Harry entered the shop.

“Hello?” he called, looking around at the various familiar inventions of the Weasley twins. A red head popped up from behind the counter.

“Harry! Oh thank goodness you’re here!” George exclaimed. “I am running so behind on inventory. You can do that for me.” He ducked back under the counter and hoisted up a big heavy box onto the flat surface. “Just a few ingredients for something new Fred and I are cooking up.”

“I take it things have been heck because of the honeymoon,” Harry said, one eyebrow raised.

“Yes,” George moaned. “I tell you, when I get married, if I ever get married, I am not going on a honeymoon. There’s too much to do! Plus I don’t think Fred could handle it.” Harry chuckled as the bell on the door jingled again. Another red head burst into the room. Ron was panting, a huge smile on his face.

“Guess what?” he exclaimed.

“You just made a professional Quidditch team?” George replied.

“Uh, no. Better!”

“Your boss was murdered.”

“No!”

“What, then?”

“We’re pregnant!”

There was a very quiet silence for a couple of seconds.

“Hermione…Hermione’s going to have a baby?” Harry gasped.

“Yes!” Ron said, beaming. Harry strode across the room and slapped Ron on the back.

“Well I’ll be! I’d never”“

“Does Mum know?” George asked abruptly, still behind the counter.

“No, you’re the first to know!”

George smiled and walked around the counter, his eyes sparkling. Silently he hugged Ron.

“I’m happy for you little brother,” he said softly.

“Where’s Hermione?” Harry asked.

“She’s probably at her parents’ by now,” Ron answered.

“You know what? This calls for a celebration,” George said, pulling something off one of the many shelves in the store. In a flash of red smoke, a green wine bottle appeared in George’s hand.

“Now you’re talking!” Ron grinned.



Reviewism of the day:
Luna Lovegood:
"REVIEWS beyond measure are man's greatest treasures"