Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Scar by Lishkish

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry couldn’t breathe. Finally, after sixteen years of Hell, he had rid himself of the Dursleys. He had been sure that his hatred for them had been returned, but now they were outside? Searching for him? He gave Ginny an apologetic look, and followed Tonks down the rickety steps.

“Couldn’t hear them the best, but they were making a terrible racket and attracting attention. I had to come and get you,” Tonks said apologetically.

“It’s ok Tonks,” he assured her.

“Dumbledore didn’t want that, if you know what I mean. So I had to come get you, so please don’t be mad at me Harry,” she kept going. Harry shook his head.

“It’s ok Tonks,” he repeated.

“I know how much you hate them Muggle relatives of yours, but I…” Tonks was interrupted when Harry put a hand on her shoulder. She seemed to be very upset that she had interrupted Harry and Ginny’s ‘Quidditch lesson.’

“Tonks, it’s alright! I understand. Honestly, I’ve been expecting this ever since my aunt was sent to Azkaban,” he said, grinning. She nodded, and they continued on. They hadn’t walked very far, and Harry could hear faint yells and shouting, and the voice belonged without a doubt to Vernon Dursley.

“You come out here! I know you’re near here somewhere! Come out NOW!” Vernon roared. Harry burst through the front door, and walked out onto the pavement where Vernon was standing, screaming his lungs out. Dudley was cowering behind him, obviously not wanting to be here at all. Vernon saw Harry, and stormed over.

“WHERE IS SHE?” he roared, marching towards him. He raised his fist, ready to pound it into Harry’s face, but Harry held up a hand.

“I wouldn’t do that, if I were you,” he advised. Vernon stopped and looked around, obviously looking for people hiding in bushes, or behind trees. His face was bright purple, and large pieces of his mustache were missing. He looked like a madman, and that was not comforting to Harry.

“You’ve got people watching us don’t you?” Vernon asked, lowering his voice.

“Hit me and find out,” Harry dared. Vernon flexed his muscles, straining visibly against the urge to knock Harry’s brains out. “How did you find me?” Harry asked, very curiously.

“Do you think I never got curious, boy? Wondering who were writing to all the time? Wondering who on earth would want to write back to you? Well you were wrong if you thought that,” Vernon said icily. Harry glared, outraged.

“You read my mail?!” he yelled, marching toward Uncle Vernon. Dudley gave a terrified squeak. Harry glared at him too. “What do you want? What do I have to do to get you out of my life?!”

“Oh, do you think I’m here for a social call? Do you honestly think I WANT to be here?!” Vernon burst.

“What do you want then?”

“Where’s my mum!” Dudley wailed, speaking for the first time. Harry calmed down then, wondering what their reactions would be.

“She is in jail. A wizard jail. Azkaban,” he said coldly, a small grin playing across his face.

“A wizard jail!?” Vernon hissed, looking around to make sure nobody was listening. “PETUNIA CAN’T BE! SHE’S NOT A… wizard!”

“Yes, she is,” Harry said without pity. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a new life now, a new family, and it does not, and never will, involve you,” he said, turning to leave. Vernon lost control.

“BRING HER BACK! I WANT HER OUT! I WANT THIS MADNESS TO END!” he exploded. Harry shook his head.

“Goodbye, Vernon,” Harry said. Just then, Tonks appeared beside him. She shook her head, and then pulled out her wand. “What are you going to do?” Harry asked.

“I’m going to erase their memories of Petunia. For all they will know, Vernon and her broke up a long time ago, and she lives in America now,” Tonks whispered. Harry stared, suddenly feeling quite sad for the Dursley family. What was he talking about?! This is the family that had been so nasty to him his entire life. But still…erasing their memories? “It won’t hurt them Harry. They won’t even know,” Tonks said, as though she had read his mind. Harry nodded.

“What are you two saying? Who the bloody hell is she?” Vernon said angrily.

“I think I’m going to enjoy this,” Tonks said grinning evilly. She raised her wand. Harry looked away as she did the spell, he didn’t know why, but for some reason, he didn’t want to watch. “It’s okay Harry, I’m done.” Harry turned to look. Uncle Vernon and Dudley were standing stupidly in the middle of the street.

“What are we doing here dad?” Dudley whined. Vernon shook his head, as though trying to rid himself of a bothersome fly.

“I don’t know, son. Excuse me, this may sound a little odd, but…could you tell us where we are?” he said, very confused, to Tonks. She grinned wickedly at Harry.

“Why, of course! You’ve just won a check for $500! For having the most normal life-style in all of Britain,” Tonks said brightly pulling a check out of her pocket. Vernon beamed.

“I knew we’d get it this year for certain, son!” he said excitedly. Harry grinned. “Come on, let’s go out to dinner. How about that new restaurant down the street? Does that sound good to you, Dud?” he asked. Dudley groaned loudly, and began to complain that he didn’t want to go to that restaurant, but the one they had went to last night. “Of course, Dud, that’s fine.” They walked down the street to their car, squeezed themselves inside it, and drove off.

“See, Harry? That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Tonks asked. Harry shrugged.

“Where’d you get that check?” he asked, grinning.

“Oh, conjured it in my pocket, Muggles are so gullible,” she said, walking inside. They both started laughing loudly, and Harry ran to catch up with her.


A/N: I'm sorry this chapter is so short! The next one is very long, and much better. The next one is called Apparition, and the name pretty much explains what its about. PLEASE R&R!!!! PLEASE!!!!!