Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Two and Two by LexiGirl

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Alright, as of today, June 5, Two and Two is completely re-edited! It's been a long time since I've written this story and I decided to come back and give it more flair. After all, I couldn't just give up on something with so much potential... well at least compared to all my other ideas. I hope it will actually be read by a few people and **coughcough*reviewsaregreat!*coughcough**
“Aaaah,” Angelina Johnson screamed. “I can’t believe I fell for that one again!”

“What are you talking about, Angelina?” Fred asked raising his eyebrows. “You look ridiculously mental, dear old Angie!” he barked out in laughter. She was covered from head to foot with neon green glop and her skin underneath was starting to form tiny, yet very vivid pink dots; bright, pink dots that clashed horribly with Angelina’s dark skin.


“We’ve never done this to anyone before,” George cut in, grinning from ear to ear like a maniac. Angelina’s glower deepened. “Besides, we were growing terribly bored waiting for the game to resume.”

“Oh, I’m sure you were,” said Angelina. She carefully wiped her eyes clean of the substance, making it easier for her to glare at the two.

“You were actually our first victim,” Fred added. “But I’d say this here trick is a keeper!! AH!” He jumped back as Angelina’s fist came in close proximity to punching him.

“Oi! Don’t be damaging that face! I might need it some day!” George protested loudly.

Angelina whipped around. “Oh, ha, funny… your face, his face … either way, both are going to be damaged if you don’t get this slime off of me!”

“Er… get it off… erm… Fred?”

“Oh, yeah, er…”

“No, I am not falling for that one! I’ll do it myself… Scourgify,” she muttered quickly. Immediately, a grin took over her face as her normal skin began to appear and the green and pink faded. “Oh?” she questioned in a sarcastic tone. “No, tricky counter-curses? The last time this happened to me the ugly green spots didn’t fade for weeks.”

“Angelina, you’re bonkers! The spots aren’t green, they’re pink and we’ve never done this to anyone before, we already told you that. She’s got some mental issues…” George said, turning to his brother and giving him a ‘she’s crazy look.’

“But… you haven’t met my cousins,” Angelina answered, a mischievous look crossing her face. “They came up with that one a long time ago,” she mocked, emphasizing the word ‘long’. Fred and George sighed and glared at each other for a moment and started grumbling to each other about ‘originality’ and ‘I told you so.’

“Hmm… well, these cousins of yours sound quite bothersome,” Fred said conspicuously, nodding his head slightly as if his own ingenious thought fascinated him.

“Worst I know,” Angelina smirked. Fred and George both gasped and grabbed for their hearts mockingly.

“Ouch, Angelina, that hurts,” they cried out simultaneously.

“Honestly, Angie, no one can surpass us. You know that,” Fred told her, raising his eyebrows waiting for her to agree with him.

”Well… I do suppose you two follow a close second,” she said, rolling her eyes as if her words would please them.

“SECOND!?!” they bellowed.

“It sounds like we need to meet these guys, Gred,” George said after a moment, plans already formulating in his mind.

“Yes, quite indeed, Forge,” Fred added as he started tapping his chin rhythmically.

“Er… the four of you probably wouldn’t get on too well… besides, they live in America,” she muttered, fully intending not to tell them the rest.

“Oh?” Fred asked. “But…?” Angelina just shook her head as if there was nothing more to tell them.

“Hmm… well, I suppose we will meet them at your brother’s wedding, no?” George put in, flashing a grin at his brother.

“No!” Angelina exclaimed, her eyes grew larger at the prospect of it. I can barely deal with two of them, let alone all four! Perhaps, they should get the introduction part over now…. “Alright…” she sighed. “They’re already here… they’d never pass up a Quidditch game.”

“Oh?” George asked, containing his excitement for later.

“Yup…” she said as she disappeared with a pop.

They won’t know where we’re at, Angelina laughed at the thought of leaving them utterly speechless. Oh, but they’ll find us… no doubt.

”Well… that was not kind!” Fred said, as he stuck out his bottom lip and sniffled loudly.

“Not kind at all! She’s a mean mean girl,” George pouted, crossing his arms and huffing. “No bother_”

“Easy to fix,” Fred added quickly.

George pulled a roll of parchment from his robes. Tapping it, he said, “I solemnly swear that I plan to wreck havoc.” Soon ink was spreading all over the paper and there were thousands of labeled dots.

George tapped it again, “Angelina Johnson”. All of the dots disappeared from the paper except for one indicating that Angelina was directly above them.

“Ah,” Fred sighed. “We’ll never run out of opportunities to use our handy little contraption. I tell you George, we are geniuses!” he said as the started up the stairs.

*

“Angelina, it’s good to see you again,” Fred said.

“It’s been a while,” George finished.

“How did you manage to find me?” she griped as she slumped down into the closest seat.

“We have our resources,” Fred supplied.

Angelina rolled her eyes before replying, “Anyways, these are my cousins,” gesturing towards the two people that came up behind Fred and George. The two Weasleys flashed Angelina their best Lockhart-smiles and turned. Instantly, their giddy grins dissapperated off of their faces and they whisked back to face Angelina.

“They’re girls!” George whispered hoarsely, his eyes growing wider by the second.

“We were under the impression_” Fred started. “Never mind,” he choked out. “Pleasure to meet you,” he replied with an impish grin, turning and offering his hand to the other two. The two girls had long, dark brown hair that fell in natural curls.

Identical sets of brilliant blue eyes glanced down at his hand. They both smirked and said, “Pleasure” simultaneously, completely ignoring Fred’s outstretched hand.

“Are you sure theses are your cousins?” Fred asked, almost pleading, as he stared back at
Angelina. “I mean, they look nothing like you!”

“Yes, I’m positive!” Angelina said, rolling her eyes.

“Oh, did the poor red-heads expect someone…different?” the girl on the right cooed.

“Anyhow,” Angelina interrupted. “The game’s about to continue, now.” Angelina flopped into the nearest chair; dumbfounded, the two sat in two empty seats.

”Oi, George, go get me some cockroach clusters and a drink.”

“No thanks,” Fred said, not taking his eyes off of the referee who just threw the Quaffle into the air. One of the orange-clad chasers dove for it, nearly knocking another player off his broom and zoomed towards the goal posts nearest where they were sitting.

“Er, Fred,” George breathed out softly so no one could hear. “I can’t even get up.”

“What?” Fred whispered back. He placed his hands on the arm rest and pushed, expecting himself to be dislocated from the chair instantly, but he didn’t move. “Hmm, it appears that our behinds have been glued to the seats.”

“It would appear so,” George said louder than he had before. Chuckling, they both pulled out their wands and went through at least five different spells before realizing that the sticky substance dissolved in water

“How did you do that?” the twin sitting nearest Angelina asked baffled, as both she and her sister bolted out of their chairs and stared at the red heads stupidly.

“You’re supposed to stick there until we say the counter-curse,” the other put in, just as confused.

“Do what? Stick where?” George asked innocently as he turned and stared at the chair he had previously been seated in.

“Only Hope and I know the spell to…Unless_” Grace said her eyes jumped back and forth from her sister to the seats to Fred and George.

“Unless we’ve misplaced our wands,” Hope finished. “Either way, only Grace and I can get it undone… properly” she laughed. Grace bit her lip, and laughed with her.

They both pulled their wands out of their back pockets. With their wands laying in the palm of their hands they looked at each other questioningly.

“But, that’s_” Grace started. Both girls gasped and dropped what had previously been their wands.

“Rubber chickens!?”

“That’s a pretty useful trick_” Grace said as she continued to glare at George.

“SCORE! TEN POINTS TO THE CHUDLEY CANNONS!” George turned to see the Quaffle being thrown back by the Harpies’ Keeper, before quickly turning back to see the girls snickering with their hands over their mouths.

“But honestly? If you were going to steal our wands, you should have used them to douse the glue…”

“Huh?” George said confused.

“Oi, erm, George?” Fred stuttered with one hand covering his eyes as if he was embarrassed. “You’re knickers are flappin’ out in the breeze!”

George turned around, ears turning scarlet. “Too right you are, Gred,” he chuckled as he spelled them back into place.

“Oh, and whilst you fix your ‘knickers’ we’ll be taking those,” Grace said as she snatched the two wands sticking from his torn trouser pocket.

“I see, you ladies were just scheming up all the ways you could get us in our knickers?” Fred said in a serious tone, though a smirk was threatening to form.

“Oh, you wish!” Hope exploded, lurching forward to give more emphasis to her glaring.

Fred laughed perniciously. There was now less than a foot between them. “You just can’t stay off me, can you?”

“Ugh!” Hope exclaimed. She snatched her wand from her sister and flicked it in his face. “I’m sorry… but I don’t ‘fancy’ old, ugly men,” she said malignantly, putting emphasis on the British word she wasn’t accustomed too.

“Hey, you lot in the front!” an old women croaked. "Do you mind settin' down so that the rest of us can see!?!” All four turned and glared at a frail looking lady, whom they had guessed was the perpetrator of the accusing voice.

“You guys, that isn’t necessary,” Angelina whispered as she yanked on George and Grace’s robes, forcing them both into the seats beside her. Fred and Hope quickly followed suit and sat beside them.

“You turned me into an old man!” Fred exclaimed, after feeling his recently added, long, white beard. George was the only one who seemed to notice Fred’s exclamation and was gaping idiotically at the very Dumbledore-like beard.

“No bother,” George choked out, having to shove his fist in his mouth to keep from exploding into a fit of giggles. “Not the first time this has happened. Aging Anesthetic ought to do the trick,” he said, flashing a grin at Grace, who was admiring her sister’s handy work. George fumbled in the pocket of his robe and extracted a small box that had three large, flashing Ws on the top. From what the other’s could see it was full of candy… brightly coloured candy. He ripped a piece in half and handed over the purple end to his brother, who, after eating it, was completely beard-free.

On the other side of Angelina, the Johnson twins grunted and the quick fix and quickly resumed watching the game.

Angelina looked back and forth between the set of twins on either side of her, Great, maybe putting them together wasn’t the best of ideas! she thought to herself. How could we resolve this? What do they all like doing? Ha, I’ve got it!

“Hey, Fred, George, why don’t we make this game more interesting,” she stated.

“We’re listening,” George said, both leaning in as if they wouldn’t be able to hear her if they remained two feet away..

“I think the Harpies are going to win.”

“Oh, do you?” Fred cut in, he glanced at his brother. They had also thought the Harpies were going to win, but if they agreed then there fun would spoiled.

“Well… We believe that the good old Chudley’s are going to win.”

“Is that so?” Grace stated matter-of-factly. “Well how about we make it a bet, Hope and I say the Harpies are going to win by at least 200 points and if they don’t…” she glanced at her sister gave a brief nod and the two emptied their pockets.

Fred and George kept their gasps to themselves. They had never seen so many jokes and tricks that they didn’t recognize… nor invent!

“This will be all yours,” Hope finished a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“Oh really,” George merely asked. “What is so great about these jokes that would convince my brother and me to bet on?” he said as he reached out to grab one of them.

“Ouch!” he yelped out in pain after having been briskly slapped. “No need to hit Grace, I was only examining!”

“Yes, well, I was only protecting… they’re only rudimentary… you know, early stages.”

“Wait! You can tell them apart already!?” Angelina asked bewildered. “It took me all seven years at school to get them straight and I still mix them up! Hope, Grace, can you tell them apart, as well?

“Yes, of course we can,” Hope said.

“Right,” Angelina rolled her eyes, befuddled.

“It’s a twin thing,” all four said at once. Angelina’s eyes widened as she stared at the four, she had to force herself from laughing at the irony of it all.

“We’ll take it,” Fred and George said together, giving them their most garish smiles.

“Sweet,” the girls chorused, gathering their displayed tricks. “Hmm, all this good stuff for if the Harpies lose… but what if they win?”

“We’ve very little gold on us, but…” Fred said. He and George emptied their own pockets

“Ooo, what’s this,” Grace said excitedly, grabbing for a piece of parchment.

George flicked her hand away the same as she had to him. “It’s only parchment. And it’s not meant for the pile, unless you two ‘really’ want it.”

“Right,” Hope said sardonically, rolling her eyes. “It would be cool to have a map like this one. So, do you tap it with your wand and say ‘I wish to cause chaos?’”

“That’s__”

“Oh no, that’s completely absurd,” Grace mocked. George glowered as she took the exact same phrase he planned on using.

“Of course,” Hope went on. “It would be more like ‘I solemnly swear that I wish to cause chaos’ because they’re just dorks like that.” Grace bobbed her head childishly.

“For ‘your’ information, it’s ‘I solemnly swear that I plan to wreck havoc’.”

“Fred!!!” George cried out, whilst Hope and Grace just laughed.

“Hey, you guys,” Angelina interrupted. “I bet that the Harpies are going to win, but only by ten points. The Canons are going to catch the snitch.”

“That’s a pretty intricate bet, but…” Fred started.

“You’re on,” all four shouted, again at the same time. Angelina looked at the four and started laughing uncontrollably.

“Alright, who put the Tickle curse on her?” George asked, very amused at the sight.

“No one did, George. We all just got played,” Hope said, glancing from Angelina to the game to George and her sister and then back to Angelina.

“What?” Grace garbled.

“Hey, look at that!” Fred exclaimed. “The Harpies won - by ten points_”

“And Chudley’s caught the snitch!” Hope finished amused.

“What!” the other two said, glancing frantically at the score.

“Wow, Angelina, you’re good,” Grace whispered.

“Er, no,” Fred said. “This happened like…five minutes ago.”

“We have been played!” George sarcastically shrieked. “Here you go, Angelina,” he said handing over their stuff.

“No, really, I was just joking.”

“Ah, yes, but it takes guts to do something like that,” Fred said. “We salute you,” he said as he and Fred did a mock salute.

“Here,” Grace said. “And we won’t salute you, because then we would look like idiots!”