Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

L.O.V.E. by Mrs Snape

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: If you seriously think that i made up or own Harry Potter, or wrote the song L.O.V.E.; I highly suggest you have your mental heath examined.....


I’m talkin’ ‘bout love…
Ginny sat at the window in her bedroom. It was the end of the summer, and still no letters from him. She thought this time she’d found someone special, someone who wouldn’t desert her like the last one, but she was wrong.

“Ginny honey, we’re gong to be late,” her mother called from the hallway. Ginny sighed and turned from the window to take her trunk downstairs.

When she got to the station, Ginny searched the crowd for her friends. Suddenly she heard a squeal and a shout from behind her.

“Gin! Ahhh! It seems like forever!”

“Hi, Hope! Are Celeste and Amanda here yet?” asked Ginny.

“Of course! You’re the only late one Gin, you know that. Merlin, what happened to you this summer? When you left you were completely twitterpated.”

“Let’s just say his Slytherin tendencies came out…But I’ll explain more in the compartment. Let’s go find Amy and Cee-Cee.”

All my girls stand in a circle and clap your hands
This is for you
Ups and downs highs and lows
No matter what you see me through


“No letters at all?!?”

“But when school ended you two were practically inseparable.”

Celeste and Amanda sat across from Ginny with incredulous looks on their faces while Hope had her arm around her friend. “Don’t worry Gin; we’ll get you through this. But really, there wasn’t any explanation?”

“Well, right before we left school he started acting like a Slytherin brat. I mean, I thought when the war started he cut his ties with You Know Who, but in those last few weeks it seemed to be coming back. I thought I could get us through it; apparently I was wrong.”

“You poor thing! How about this? We’ll get the rest of the girls in the dorm together and jam all night ok?” Amanda suggested.

Ginny nodded in response and tried to fix a real smile on her face.

My boyfriend he don’t answer on the telephone
I don’t even know where the hell he goes
But all my girls we’re in a circle
And nobody’s gonna break through


The start of term feast went pretty much without incident. Not for Ginny’s friends’ lack of trying to curse the jerk and his two ever present friends. The meal felt like an eternity to Ginny. She couldn’t wait to escape up to Gryffindor tower and the girls’ dorm.


When all the food was finally gone and Dumbledore had finished his speech, the four girls headed for the door. When Ginny passed near him and his cronies on the way out, a Muggle song she’d heard once popped into her head. She began to hum it as they made their way toward the dorm.

L o, L o, L o, L o v e
L o, L o, L o
Oh did you hear me say?
L o, L o, L o, L o v e
L o, L o, L o
I’m talkin’ ‘bout love
Say you’ll be my girls for life, girls for life


As she moved through the crowd, Ginny was separated from her friends. She didn’t mind it too much though; she knew she’d meet back up with them in the common room. She ducked under a tapestry into a hidden corridor that led to a much less used hallway. She was still humming as she walked along, but she became quiet when she heard quick footsteps behind her. She stopped where she was, put one hand on her wand, and just kept thinking don’t let it be him, don’t let it be him, don’t let it be him.

“Hello, Weasley.”

Crap. Can’t I have some good luck just once? She thought as her eyes met a pair of cold gray ones.

“You thought you were just going to walk away without saying anything?”

“Why not? You did, didn’t you?” Ginny stared at him defiantly before turning away to go.

“Wait! Look, I know what I did, but you know I still loved you…” He grabbed her arm and spun her around. “Why can’t we try again?”

“Why!? You want to know why?!?” Ginny broke from his grasp and flung his sleeve up, revealing the permanent skull on his forearm. “That’s why!” She dropped his arm and ran the rest of the way up the corridor, tears beginning to leak out the corners of her eyes.

Oh hold up, I need another one
I think you, you do too
Grab my bag, got my own money
Don’t need any man in this room


When she arrived at the portrait of the fat lady she could barely get the password out, and as soon as she got through the hole she plopped down into one of the arm chairs. No sooner had she sat down than her friends came into the room and ran up to her.

“There you are! What happened? You look awf- hey! That hurt!” Hope had hit Celeste on the arm to stop her from going on.

“Cee-Cee! Don’t be mean. But what happened, Gin?”

“I ran into Draco.” Ginny told them with a sigh. “I thought after this much time I’d be over him, but when he offered to try again I was almost tempted to say yes…” To add to her misery, a group of girls walked by and mentioned his name. She narrowed her eyes at the thought of the man who had broken her heart. I already had to talk to Draco…I don’t need to hear about him tonight too…

Amy noticed her expression and assumed she was thinking of him. She tried to console her. “You know, his connection with You-know-who, it wasn’t his fault, it was pre-determined since he was a baby.”
“Yes, but his decision to break my heart because of it was his; no one made him do that.”
“I guess you’re right, but you’ve had all summer to think about it, and now it’s time to forget about how he broke your heart--and meeting Malfoy. Now let’s go party!”

As Ginny followed her friends up the staircase to the girl’s dorms, she could’ve sworn she heard his voice calling her from below. No. She told herself. Remember, no letters, no contact, and it’s just impossible…

My boyfriend he’ll be callin’ me now anytime
I need all my girls to keep him off my mind
So hold up we need another one
What we got is all good


When Ginny walked into her dorm, the girls already had a song playing, and the rest of their roommates were dancing to the techno beat. As the song ended she was reminded again of the Muggle song she’d been humming earlier. She went to get some punch and to tell Hope to play the song next.

When the first verse began to play she began to dance, first just a little and then faster and faster. Soon she was singing the song with all her might as her hips moved back and forth to the rhythm.

Love is an energy; love is a mystery
Love is meant to be true
Love is a part of me; love is the heart of me
Love is the best thing we do


As Ginny danced the night away, Draco sat in his dorm mulling over their encounter earlier that evening. You really messed things up Draco. She left school last year arm in arm with him. But tonight…there was a sadness in her eyes…something must have happened between them…He sighed and flopped back on his bed. There must be a way I can regain her trust, win her back from that idiot…

L o, L o, L o, L o v e
L o, L o, L o
Oh did you hear me say?


Harry shrugged his shoulders and turned away from the staircase leading to the girls’ dorm.

“She didn’t even turn around when I called her name.” he said to Ron.

“Well mate, you probably should have sent her a letter, at least to explain why you didn’t send any letters,” he replied with a pat on his friends back. “Now come on…there are some very cute seventh years staring at you…”

L. O. V. E.
I’m talkin’ ‘bout
I’m talkin’ ‘bout love…