Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

An Unclear Past by Winged Artemis

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Let me know what you think - is it going to slow? Too fast? Is it kind of hard to follow? I promise it'll clear up in the next chapter, I just wanted it very foggy for right now. After all, it is my first fic...

She waited patiently at the door, her thin legs plastered to her seat. Her stomach felt as if it were filled with ice cubes and her face was flushed. Goose bumps covered her whole body. Her anxiety caused her heart to beat ten times too fast. She squirmed. A vein twitched on her smooth forehead.

She pulled out a book and started to read, but she couldn't digest the scribbles of ink on the pages. To her, it was a blank page with black scribbles on it.

She surveyed the scene over the top of her book. Many people walking around wearing lime green clothes were going in and out from rooms or beds surrounded with layers of blankets.

There were a few unshielded beds revealing weak people laying unconscious. One man was lying on a bed, a yellow paste covering his entire face. Cuts were visible underneath his nose and his eyelids were scratched up. His whole bottom lip was black and one ear had a chunk taken out of it.

In the bed next to him, a little girl with two holes the size of golf balls punctured into her scabbed cheeks was in a bed. She looked limp, and she had a green liquid the same consistency of blood pouring out of her mouth. A man, woman and teenage boy were leaning over the girl. The woman was whispering things into the girl's ear. One of the people dressed in green tapped on the woman.

Although she couldn't hear what they were saying, the woman with the book could tell from their body language that the person in green who had a soft look on her face was saying something calm and relaxed and positive.

When her lips stopped moving, the man's face crinkled into a smile, proving the book woman's theory correct. The green person spoke again.

This time, the woman, assuming it was the girl's mother buried her face in her hands. The boy's eyes got big and he simply sat down on the bed but the father's expression was unreadable. He clamped a hand to his heart and his lower lip curled and he walked out of the hallway.

The woman turned away. It was obvious the woman in green was informing the mother and father of their daughter's death. She blinked away tears and looked back at the inked pages.

After what seemed like hours and rereading the same paragraph over and over, the door next to the chair she was sitting in opened.

A woman with vicious red hair and startling brown eyes stepped out.

"He's..." she croaked.

The woman with the book put her book down. "What? He's what?" she, ferociously tying her frizzy brown hair into a sloppy ponytail.

"He's...Well..." the redheaded woman started.

The brunette's stomach dropped. "Is he -?"

The redhead gulped. "It's...gone. He's gone."

"No!" the brown-haired woman cried. She dropped to her knees. "He isn't gone. He can't be gone."

The other woman nodded regretfully. "His pulse just stopped. There was nothing we could do."

"You're lying," the brunette said. She laughed dryly. "Haha. Joke's over now. Let me in there - " She dove for the door but the other woman held her back.

"No! He's passed. It was his time. Leave it!" the redhead snapped. Tears erupted in her deep eyes. "Leave it...

"We have to go tell everyone. The kids! Come on. Pull yourself together, woman!" The redhead continued. You could tell she was struggling to battle her emotions as well.

The brunette turned away. "Let's go home, then."

The redhead smiled weakly. "'Atta girl," she said.

Both women put on weak smiles. They were at a war with their sadness, and they were winning.

But deep inside, they both were dead.

___________________________

I hope you all understand who the two people are - I was stating obvious, anvil-sized hints - a BRUNETTE woman with a BOOK and a REDHEADED woman with BROWN EYES.



Duh, it's Ginny and Hermione.



HINT: (SKIP IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS) Keep in mind the girl in the one cot. This is crucial.



Don't worry, I'll try to - try to is key - update soon. Please leave reviews. The more fans, the more inclined I will feel to update. I really will take time to read and reply to your reviews. I need your help, as a reader! However - although I love your feedback, being fiery isn't really what I will be looking for in reviews. Also, I am still thinking of names for other characters. So please just leave your name and appearance.



Thanks so much for reading!!!!!



Love ya'll,

Hannah/Artemis.