Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Prophecy Fulfilled by Eowyn89

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: This is JK’s world, unfortunately my mind is not as creative as her’s…

This is my version of how the series will end….*sniff*…we all knew this was going to happen some day! I tried to make this seem as realistic as possible, but no one can truly delve into the masterful mind of the author herself…
One-Shot and my first ever Fan Fic!




Booms sounded from the outskirts of Godric’s Hollow, where the fierce battle raged on; the last war for the wizarding world. Death Eaters and Order members alike lay strewn carelessly across the barren fields, smoke coiling upwards into the inky black sky. Harry Potter ran for his life, dodging hexes, and multicolored jets of light, searching franticly for a recognizable face amidst the clouds of smoke. Two Order members met Harry’s eyes, Lupin and Tonks back to back, their faces shining with determination.




“HARRY!” shrieked Lupin, dodging as a flaming boulder hurtled towards him, “GET OUT OF HERE! FIND VOLDEMORT!”


Harry dove as a jet of green light whizzed by his left ear. He spun around wildly, the monstrous Death Eater who cast the spell behind him, raising his wand and closing in on him fast.


“STUPEFY!” screamed a bloody Tonks, leaping over fallen bodies, her face contorted with fear, “Are you okay, Harry?”


“Yes!” yelled Harry, staring incredulously at the colossal Death Eater, unconscious and strewn at his feet, “Thanks.”


“What are you waiting for?!” yelled Tonks, “GO!”


Harry nodded, clutching his wand fearfully, and swallowing hard. He had just enough time to glance among the fighters to catch a gleam of scarlet heads. The entire Weasley clan, save Percy, was fiercely battling a whole slew of Death Eaters. Spells of all colors hurtled overhead. Ginny’s fiery red hair shown in the moonlight, her pale cheeks streaked with blood and dirt. By chance she spotted Harry and hurried over to him.


“Harry! Harry, you’re still alive! Thank goodness! I though I would never see you again!” she cried, tears now mixing with the dirt on her face.


Harry wiped her eyes, and taking her face in his hands, he kissed her quickly, uttering, “Don’t worry, I’ll come back for you.”


He grabbed her hands for the briefest moment, and then looking ahead, he took off, turning around when he was several feet in front of her, shouting, “I love you, Ginny!”


Ginny held a hand to her mouth, the tears falling freely now. “I love you too, Harry,” she whispered. She hardly had a moment to rest, however, when her father called to her fiercely, “GINNY! We need you over here, quick!”



Harry dodged flying spells whizzing in every direction, the smoke-filled air clogging his lungs. He ran blindly, occasionally throwing a spell over his shoulder. He had no clue where to find Voldemort, nor did he care; all he wanted was his friends to be all right.


Amid all the rubble and confusion, he spotted Ron and Hermione, their faces stained with sweat, firing spells at will.


“Ron! Hermione! ” Harry called.


They glanced over, worry etched onto their faces. Upon spotting Harry, they rushed towards him.


“Harry, Voldemort is there…over that hill!” Hermione shrieked, fury consuming her face.


“Harry…we’ve got to come with you! You’re going to need all the help you can get! We’ll take care of the Death Eaters…” Ron shouted, panting heavily.


Harry and his friends crawled over the grimy hill, stained with filth and blood. A large graveyard, shrouded in fog, lie in the vale below. Another brutal combat was taking place; Voldemort’s inner circle. The trio ran down the side of the hill, dodging more spells and hurtling objects.


Harry tripped over a body, which had just fallen in front of him. His face hit the slimy ground, and he was met face to face with the cold gray eyes of Lucius Malfoy, his face contorted into a silent scream.


Harry shuddered, pulling himself off of the ground, continuing towards the dark, dank graveyard, where the faded outlines of Ron and Hermione staggered ahead. All too soon, they reached the warped headstones, grimy and ancient, smelling of death. Harry grabbed Ron’s shoulders, “You don’t have to do this, you know…”


“Harry, you are the best friend I ever had…how many times have you saved my neck? No, whatever it is you have to face, we are with you.”


“He’s right, Harry. I could have died in our first year with that troll; if you and Ron hadn’t come and found me…you are the only people I have ever called my friends…”Hermione suddenly launched over and pulled them into a vicious embrace, kissing them both on the cheek.


“I want you to promise me something,” Harry said, his voice beginning to break, “W-Whatever happens, I am honored to have you two by my side. I didn’t ask you to come…but…if I…you know…fall, will you say goodbye to Ginny for me please?”


“Of course we will Harry, but I think you’ll be telling her yourself, that you love her,” replied Ron, being the most serious Harry had ever seen in his life, “I know, mate, how much she means to you…”


Harry grasped Ron’s shoulder firmly, his bottom lip trembling, his vision blurring. He turned away from them, peering into the eerie mist of the graveyard.



Harry drew near the largest headstone. An enormous mausoleum stood in the center of the graveyard, several stories high, the color of stone subjected to hundreds of years of erosion. Green slime ran down the walls in streaks, and the small windows were blackened with age. Intricately carved letters spelled the name “Riddle”, along with several illegible words, an ancient forgotten language, lost to time.


Strangely enough, the door stood ajar, warped, and smelling heavily of must and decay. Harry approached apprehensively, clutching his wand fearfully. He stepped inside, his nostrils greeted with a foul stench of death and rot. The cavernous ceiling vaulted into icy blackness, countless tombs lined the walls. The solitary drip, drip of water echoed off the cold stone. Harry could feel his heart pounding in his ears, when an icy, emotionless voice sneered from the shadows.


“Potter,” the voice hissed, “Too long have I waited to vanquish you, too long have you avoided my steps…very snake-like if I do say so myself.”


Lord Voldemort glided out of the shadows, his pale white skin eerily illuminated in the pale mist filtering through the half-open door. He withdrew his unnaturally long white fingers from within his robes uttering icily, “It is such a pleasure meeting you tonight, alongside the graves of my fathers. I haven’t felt this pleased since the night I murdered your worthless parents.” He gave a merciless snort, “What chance do you think you could possibly have against me? I have dealt in magic of which you could never comprehend.”


“Oh yeah?” began Harry, feeling the strength of his friends boost his confidence, “Well, why don’t you just try me?”


“Enough of these little games…Crucio!” hissed Voldemort.


Harry was thrust forcefully into the ground, his body screaming in pain. Or was that his voice that shrieked in agony? He had lost all sense and feeling. His head felt as though it was being ripped in two, his scar burning white hot. How long must this torture go on? Just kill me…please


The curse was lifted, but Harry remained on the ground, spluttering for breath. His body felt as though it had traveled a thousand miles and then been put through fire. He could hardly open his eyes, nausea consuming his body, his body still twitching and shaking uncontrollably.


“Why do you persist, Potter? Although I must say, torturing you has its perks. After tearing me from my body that is the least you could offer me. You do not know pain, Potter. Stand up, now…” Harry was ruthlessly picked up magically from the ground and thrust against a tomb, his already throbbing head reaching an unbearable level.


“Long ago, Potter, I knew I was destined for great things. I was going to be immortal. But how would I get there? By killing”the miserable times I spent in that horrid orphanage taught me that love will get you nowhere. Those children made me suffer. After killing my father and half-breed grandparents, killing no longer mattered to me. That great oaf Slughorn never understood the repercussions of divulging to me the secret of immortality. Black magic, as he called it. He told me of an ancient charm, which would allow the creator to seal within an object a piece of his soul”Horcruxes. Unfortunately, that mindless idiot, Dumbledore, knew before I left school of my plans, but even he could not know all.”


Voldemort paused, staring at Harry with hollow, red eyes.


“Of course, I soon discovered that it was futile to entrust something as precious as my soul with my followers…I was more careful after the loss of my dairy, to which you so carefully saw to. But, no matter, I have plenty remaining.”


“That is where you are wrong, Voldemort.” Harry hissed.


He gave a high pitched laugh, “Wrong, Potter? I am afraid I do not understand you…”


“I destroyed them…” replied Harry unflinchingly, elated at the flicker of fear that crossed Voldemort’s inhuman face.


“Destroyed them? Impossible! No one but me knew of all the Horcruxes! You are a filthy lying half-breed!” He cried, inflicting the Cruciatus curse on Harry’s already battered body.


“You underestimate people, Voldemort,” wheezed Harry, once again picking himself off the ground. The curse failed to cause much pain, seeing as his body had gone numb long ago. “You are too predictable. Dumbledore saw right through your feeble plan.”


“Dumbledore is a fool!” cried Voldemort, brandishing his wand, “A Muggle-loving idiot, who deserved to die a slow, painful death. Pity it didn’t work that way…”


Harry swore aloud, the heat in his face rising.


“Ah, I seemed to have touched a nerve, haven’t I?” he replied coolly, “I see through your flimsy mask of courage, Potter, you don’t know where I placed the Horcruxes, let alone have enough power to overtake them.”


“I didn’t undergo six years of magical training under Dumbledore for nothing.” Harry sneered. “I destroyed ALL of them…except for the one still left in your pathetic body…”


Voldemort stood, utterly speechless, his usually calm and composed manner flustered. “That is of no consequence, Potter”you will never defeat LORD VOLDEMORT!!!” shrieked Voldemort, pointing his wand tip to the Dark Mark etched in his skin, causing it to glow black.


Over fifty Death Eaters swooped out of the shadows, hooded with wands drawn. They formed a close circle around Harry and Voldemort, much as they had nearly three years before after the Triwizard Tournament.


“You are going to die, Harry Potter, do you have any last words”never mind”you do not deserve that mercy…”


Harry yelled with all his might the word, “PROTEGO!” at the same time Voldemort screamed, “AVADA KEDAVRA!” a look of triumph in his eyes. Voldemort’s get of green light collided with Harry’s red one in midair, creating a white shower of sparks between them. Through the sparks Harry glanced at Voldemort’s face, the smile wiped off, and replaced with a look of terror; as the green splinters hit him square in the chest, the slivered soul fragment within his body not enough to keep him alive. The look of shock remained on his face for mere seconds, and the Death Eaters remembered long afterward the appearance of a shadow, if that is what you could call it, of the Dark Lord, white and wispy as smoke, unfurling itself from the clutches of his tortured, and inhuman body. Voldemort’s withered frame collapsed to the hard stone floor below, with a soft and muffled thump.


Harry fell to his knees clutching his scar, which again felt as though it was being ripped from his forehead. He screamed with the pain, and everything went black. He could faintly hear the frantic cries of the Death Eaters around him.


Damn, Potter is not dead as we may have hoped!


Harry recognized the sneering voice of Bellatrix Lestrange.


Leave him! We have to get out of here, now!



Several loud cracks sounded”the Death Eaters had Disapparated. Harry slowly opened his eyes, which felt like lead. The high ceiling of the mausoleum had begun to rumble with a sick crunching noise, small rocks and pebbles dropping from the blackness above.



I’m trapped, Harry thought to himself, I’ll never see Ginny again.


Then, as though she were standing right beside him, Ginny’s face exploded into Harry’s mind, he felt his heart swell, Ron and Hermione standing over her shoulder, smiling at him and saying, you’ll get through this, Harry, for me”for Ron and Hermione.


As he staggered towards the opening he knew was the door, Sirius’ voice floated through his mind, Hey, Harry. Listen, I’m sorry I never got to keep my promise of letting you come and live with me. I would have adopted you as my own son, and you know that. If anyone can make it through this, you can.


A familiar ethereal sound filled Harry’s head. The song of Fawkes the phoenix, followed by Dumbledore’s calm, placid voice, Harry, you have proved yourself to be the true Gryffindor that you were born to be tonight. Because of your valiant efforts you have saved the entire wizarding world from a terrible fate. Get out quickly, and Harry, I have one last thing for you…


The faces of Lily and James, Harry’s parents, appeared before him. They looked as they did in the only pictures Harry had of them. Lily’s radiant red locks dangled in waves over her shoulders, her piercing green eyes so like Harry’s, winking fondly at him. His father James gave him a smile, his messy raven hair identical to Harry’s, and his handsome features young and fresh looking.


Harry’s father spoke first, Harry, we couldn’t be more proud of you. We are sorry that we didn’t live to see you grow up, but know this; we will always be with you in your heart. In your times of sorrow, and happiness, your mother and I will see it all. We love you, son.


Harry, honey, spoke Lily smiling; your father and I love you so much, please hold on for our sake, for your friend’s sakes, and live a long life. Will you tell my sister that I forgive what faults she may have, and…I love her.


Mum, Dad, please don’t go, Harry found himself saying, I can’t do this without you.


You won’t have to Harry, just believe in yourself, and you will make it, replied his father and mother.


Harry thought back to his fourth year, of Cedric’s glassy staring eyes, of his pleading to be taken back to his parents, of his encouragement to hold on as Voldemort conjured the golden web. Harry could not bear to cause his friends that kind of pain. The power of his friend’s love, and strength, propelled him forward, out the ruined door, where he collapsed on the dewy grass, the moon overhead”a pale and shining sliver against the black sky. Harry closed his eyes, the light breeze ruffling his hair, and all went black for a second time.



The last members of the Order of the Phoenix were engaged in a furious battle with Voldemort’s forces, some of the foulest creatures known to wizard kind had gathered on that open stretch of land outside Godric’s Hollow. Many Order members suffered from injury, and many of the Death Eaters had been killed, but by no means all of them. It was approaching midnight, and a light rain had ensued.


Lupin battled a vicious Death Eater, his mask long ago blasted off by some unknown force. The large, apish form of Crabbe Sr. loomed in the eerie mist. A stunning, rumbling boom sounded from over one of the battle-stained hills, an immense shock wave passing over the heads of the combatants, shaking the very ground beneath them. Lupin turned towards the sound, his sweaty features illuminated by the pale moonlight, when several large cracks sounded from various areas of the battlefield, Voldemort’s inner circle appeared amongst the combatants.


“DEATH EATERS!” screamed the heavy lidded woman, Bellatrix Lestrange, “VOLDEMORT IS DEFEATED! FLEE, LESS YOU WANT TO BE CAPTURED OR KILLED!”


The inner circle disappeared once more, followed by a number of other Death Eaters. Order members immediately performed a complicated charm, which bound the remaining Death Eaters in anti-Disapparating ropes, as they had in the Department of Mysteries nearly two years before. The Order members looked in to the hardened faces of Death Eaters, some of them spitting at the Order member’s feet, others, scowling.


“Nymphadora!” Lupin cried, “Find Ron, Hermione, and Ginny quick!”


“Remus, if you say my name ever again, I will make sure you regret it!” screamed Tonks, stumbling over a dead Death Eater.


Tonks returned a few minutes later, with Ginny in tow.


“Remus, I can’t find Ron and Hermione!” cried Tonks, dragging a furious Ginny along behind her.


“Let me GO!” shrieked Ginny, who had blood streaked across her cheek, her face caked with dirt, “I have to find Harry!”


“Ginny, dear, I don’t think…” began Lupin.


“NO! I will never believe that he is gone! LET ME GO!” Tonks dropped her arm quickly, as though she had been burned, and Ginny took off into the darkness.


“Ginny!” screamed Lupin and Tonks together.



Ron rolled the enormous Death Eater off of him, spluttering as the dust gathered in the back of his throat.


“Hermione!” he cried hoarsely, searching the field for any sign of her.


“Ron! I’m over here!” shouted Hermione, her voice sounding strangely muffled.


Ron charged over to where her voice sounded from, until he came to a pile of Death Eaters, all unconscious. He rolled them off, discovering Hermione underneath, clutching her wrist.


“I think my wrist is broken,” she winced.


“Here, let me help you,” said Ron as he helped pull her from under the Death Eater pile.


“Ron, have you…seen Harry?” She asked, tears welling up in her eyes.


“N-No,” Ron heard himself say. He turned around slowly, unable to face her. His best friend was gone. He was never coming back. Hermione placed her good hand on his shoulder.


“Don’t worry about him, Ron. He’ll be fine…”


“Hermione, you didn’t happen to look over there, did you?” asked Ron very slowly.


Hermione turned towards the graveyard, feeling her jaw drop when she saw it. The structure that had once been a grand mausoleum lay in piles, a great ruin. She knew then that Harry could not have possibly survived.


“RON! HERMIONE!” shouted a voice from the crest of the hill. Ginny ran down to meet them.


“Where’s Harry?” she asked, looking at them both straight in the eyes. Ron pointed to the pile of rubble, shaking his head, unable to speak.


“No, no, no! It can’t be! Harry! HARRY!” Ginny cried, tearing over to the debris. She began throwing stones off the pile, incapable of seeing because of the tears now obstructing her vision. She threw up her hands, collapsing on the ground, letting out a long wail of anguish.


“Ginny?” came a low whisper, so inaudible Ginny marveled at the fact she heard it.


Harry lay several feet over, his arm raised for her. Ginny felt her legs couldn’t move fast enough.


“I’m here, Harry,” she cooed, flinging herself at his side, grasping his hand tenderly, and stroking his fingers.


“Ginny, he’s gone, he’s finally gone,” Harry said, motioning to sit up, as though the hardships of tonight had never happened.


HARRY!” screamed Ron, skidding down beside Harry, “Hermione and I thought the worst when we saw…he’s dead then, right?”


Harry nodded, letting go a sigh of relief.


“Oh Harry!” said Hermione, hugging him tight, “Oh, sorry!” she said, as Harry winced, “He’s finally gone…I can feel it…”


She raised her wand to the air, and sent up a shower of red sparks. Within minutes, the remaining members of the Order had arrived. Tonks tackled Lupin into the ground, crying tears of joy. Moody and Hagrid, along with the Weasley family members, exchanged hugs, and slaps on the back. Fred and George had managed to set off a whole slew of Weasley’s Wildfire Whiz Bangs, illuminating the night sky.


Harry sat on the ground, Ginny kissing him repeatedly, and Ron and Hermione laughing at the pair of them. After they broke apart, Harry ran a hand through his hair, blushing furiously.


“Hang on,” Ginny said, grabbing his shoulders, turning him to face her. He saw Ron and Hermione’s eyes grow wide.


“What?” he asked, frowning at the three of them.


“Harry,” Ron said incredulously, “Your scar…it’s gone…”