Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Happiness is a curious thing by Barnabus_the_Barmy7

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I'm still unsure about how to write a successful fic so please review to give me any opinion you have.
Fleur.


Today was her big day. She had waited for this for years. A wedding dress hung on the wall, perfectly white and the beads were gleaming. A small smile crept over Fleur Delacor’s face.

Over the years many men had proclaimed their eternal love for her. Some she had known a while, others she had simply bumped into in the street. But the only man to ever make her love him back was Bill. Her smile grew.

Despite what most of the Weasleys thought of her, Fleur was marrying the man she loved today. A beautiful day in the summer. She glanced out of the window. Bill was standing outside looking at the seating, and the alter, making sure everything was perfect. It was just like him to want the best for her. Her smile grew again.

Seeing her (almost) husband’s face brought a small flicker of sadness to Fleur’s heart. Poor, poor, Bill. It wasn’t fair. She knew it could have been much worse but the fact that her husband had been injured in the war that was still raging around her was hard to ignore. This was just a small day of peace.

Fleur turned away from the window, shaking her head. She wanted to be happy today. Taking down her dress she held it up, a tear in her eye. Just as she had finished changing into it there was a knock at the door. Gabrielle and Ginny walked into the room in the bridesmaid’s outfits. Fleur blinked back tears. They looked so beautiful. It was exactly as she had wanted.
~
Several hours later she was walking down the aisle. Crying, laughing and smiling all at the same time was something Fleur had often read about in books but had never experienced, until now.. She looked at the guests as she passed. There was her mother, and her father, and her soon to be in-laws. Her almost husband’s many brothers, except one. Percy was not invited. She did not want to think of that though and cast it from her mind. She saw old teachers, friends, and the great “ ‘Arry Potter”, that had once saved her, and many others. So many people were gathered, indulging in peace for a little while.

She reached where Bill was standing. She saw the face she loved despite those scars, and smiled a large loving smile. She was so happy.


Tonks.

Remus and herself had not planned the wedding very well, but Tonks couldn’t face living without him any longer. She needed him, and she hoped he needed her.

Getting ready was never a problem for Tonks, and it wasn’t today. Screwing her face up, her hair became auburn and in a bun, two ringlets falling beside her face. She changed into her dress with care, for it was a very small room, and such a beautiful dress.
~
They had chosen a Muggle church for the wedding. It had needed to be low key. But Tonks thought that it was a beautiful place to get married, with stained glass windows and candles burning. There weren’t many guests, only Molly and Arthur, and Fleur, with whom Tonks had grown surprisingly close. This tiny group was only a small percentage of those whom they could have invited, but many were on missions, and besides, too many of the order present, and there might have been an attack. But Tonks didn’t care. She was marrying the man she loved more than anything. She looked in those wolfish eyes and smiled. She was so happy.


Hermione.

Hermione Jane Granger stood by the door, hardly daring to breath. Tonight was the night she had been wishing for since third year. She was finally getting married to Ron!

Ginny looked across the room at her. Hermione couldn’t help thinking of her as a sister already. She sat down in front of the mirror and Ginny came behind her, having volunteered to help her get ready. Ron said that she always looked beautiful but she was determined to look her best tonight. There might not be another chance.
~
The entire order was gathered in the garden as Hermione walked toward the alter. She smiled at her friends and her family, and her soon to be family, smiling with eyes full of tears. She thought of those who couldn’t be there, of those who might be gone tomorrow, in the final battle. And she knew she should savour this moment of joy and love. There might not be another chance.

She reached Ron and looked up at him, for he was now a good foot taller than her. She could see the tears in his eyes as he whispered “ You are so beautiful. I love you.” She barely had time to say, “I love you too.” before the priest started his ceremony.

So many lives were at stake tomorrow she didn’t want to think about it. She just wanted to think about her loving husband and the family she had acquired. She looked at the ring being put on her finger by Ron and a tear rolled down her cheek. She was so happy.

Ginny

Ginevra Weasley walked through the Muggle street a little preoccupied. The town of Godric’s Marsh was crowded, for it was a sunny day, and people were enjoying it. But Ginny had other things on her mind more important than the weather. She turned off the high street onto a narrow country lane and continued along it until she found the tiny hamlet of Godric’s Hollow. Her pace slowed as she reached the graveyard. Tentatively, she pushed open the gate and softly approached a small cluster of tombstones. She sat before the first, which read “

Charles Weasley
Loving Brother, Kind Husband,
You will never be forgotten.

She said a little prayer and moved on to the next which read-

Neville Longbottom
Loyal friend, Kind and gentle
May your spirit live on forever.

At each tombstone she said a prayer for the souls of the people they were made for, those of Minerva McGonagall, Arthur Weasley, Finius Flitwick, Fred Weasley, Alicia Weasley, Remus Lupin and Horace Slughorn.

The last grave was the hardest to look at. It read-

Harry James Potter
Loyal, Courageous and Caring
You achieved great things
And all who loved you love you still.

Ginny prayed a little more before sitting crossed legged in the middle of this circle and sobbing silent tears. Five years had passed since the final battle in which so many had died. They had won the war, but had lost so many lives. All who survived grieved still, for husbands, for wives, for brothers, for teachers and for friends. No one would ever forget them or the cause for which they died. They were great men, great women. Their spirits would live on. They would be so happy for that.