Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Green Dragon by MrsRuebeusHagridDursley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
That night Ginny had a very strange dream.

Ginny dreamt about Harry. He was chained up in a dark room. Harry had always been skinny, but now he looked too skinny, like he was being starved. Out of Ginny’s sight, a door opened, filling the tiny room with light. In the light, details of Harry’s appearance became more prominent. He was dirty, very dirty. His hair, messy as it usually was, now resembled a bird’s nest. His glasses were cracked in several places, and numerous cuts scattered across his arms. Several black, cloaked figures entered the room.

“Potter. Talk, I know you can. I’ve heard you before. You can’t stay silent for much longer, it’s been two years. Talk!” Ginny recognized the angry voice of Lucius Malfoy. “Talk!” he bellowed. “Did you really think you could kill the Dark Lord and not have us to deal with? I know it’s killing you inside, Potter. Not being able to talk to your dear Ginny. I bet she hates you now.” Malfoy paused, sneering, seeming to hope that Harry would reply. Harry remained as silent as ever. “Fine,” spat Malfoy, and he left the room.

As soon as Malfoy’s retreating footsteps could be heard no more, Harry spoke. His voice sounded strong, and Ginny guessed that he had been talking when the Death Eaters weren’t around. “I love you, Ginny. I love you, Ginny. I never stopped loving you. I’m sorry I was caught I let my guard down. Know I love you, Ginny.” Harry repeated things like that for a while, voice and what Ginny was seeing, fading all the while, until Ginny awoke.

This isn’t my bed, she thought. That’s right, I’m at The Green Dragon. Ginny glanced towards her bedside clock. "Three in the morning," she groaned. "I have got to get some more sleep." Ginny found that she couldn’t get more sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw Harry in that dark room, muttering. Suddenly it hit her. He does love me, but he’s captured, so he can’t get to me, but he loves me. The thought filled Ginny with happiness. At the same moment, Ginny realized that the dream had been real. Feeling slightly calmer, Ginny walked across the room to the bookshelf. Selecting a book, she made herself what she called a nest, a bunch of pillows and blankets arranged into a very comfortable place, onto her bed. The reading didn’t help much, Ginny still felt unsettled. She wondered if Blenkinsop Waterbut had any drink to help her sleep. Quietly, Ginny tiptoed down the stairs into the bar. There she was surprised, but relived to see the bar tender there.

“Excuse me, Mr. Waterbut.” Ginny’s quiet voice echoed in the empty room.

Blenkinsop turned around. “Why hello there, miss, is there anything I can do for you?”

Taking the same seat that she had early that day, Ginny asked, “Why are you still up?”

“In case someone needs something. I always have time to help my customers.”

“Do you have anything to help me sleep?” Ginny asked.

“Yep, it’s called, Hot Chocolate.”

Ginny giggled. “I’ll have one of those.”

“Alright.” Blenkinsop walked into the back again. There’s something strange about him. Maybe even something suspicious, Ginny thought. Blenkinsop Waterbut soon came out with a mug of Hot Chocolate. There was a mountain of whipped cream on top, from which came steam, signifying the warmth of the drink.

“Do you want to talk?” Blenkinsop asked. It seemed that he was could read Ginny’s thoughts, or rather, her feelings.

“I do.” Ginny recounted the events of the dream, studying Blenkinsop Waterbut’s face. He never seemed surprise throughout her tale; he looked as though he was expecting something like this.

By the time she was done talking, Ginny felt better, and sleepier. “I think I’ll go back to my room now. Thank you for listening, Mr. Waterbut.”

“No problem.”

Ginny headed back upstairs to her room, and fell asleep again.

She dreamed about Harry again. He was still chained in the dark room, but there seemed to be some sort of commotion going on outside. There were shouts, spells, and the occasional sound of a body falling. Soon, the door to the room flung open once more. Instead of Death Eaters, the room was flooded with members of the Order. Ginny saw Tonks and Remus at the head. They unchained Harry and helped him stand.

“Are you alright?” asked the gravely voice of Mad-Eye Moody.

“Yeah,” replied Harry, shaking his head to clear it. “I need to see Ginny.”

“She at the Burrow,” Tonks said, kindly.

“Will you take me there?” Harry asked.

“Of course.”

Once again, the room faded, and Ginny awoke.

Now it was seven o’clock in the morning, and Ginny knew that Harry would be expecting her at the Burrow. Quickly, she showered and ran as fast as she could down the stairs, and out the Green Dagon’s door, leaving a smiling Blenkinsop Waterbut behind.

Ginny continued to run, she wasn’t even consciously thinking about how to get back home. Her feet seemed to guide her. Soon, she arrived at the Burrow. She flung open the kitchen door, and there stood Harry. They ran towards each other and hugged, the entire full kitchen awed in response.