Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fenrir by FenrirG

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is my first ever fanfiction--the idea just popped into my head, and I loved it! I wasn't sure if it should be in general fics or dark/angsty but I figured that it might get quite depressing later on.

Thanks for reading, and please review! Happy Writing to All!!!
The characters, setting, and aspects of the magical world belong exclusively to JK Rowling.


Prologue



“Fenrir.”


Heidi smiled tremulously, barely holding back the tears of joy that threatened to run down her face. He was perfect. Michael, standing proudly beside his wife and newborn son, echoed her sentiments.


“Just look at him! Plump and fair like only a baby can be, but gorgeous! And see those little feet”he’ll be a tall one like his daddy, he will. And the eyes!”


Heidi simply smiled at her husband; although she looked tired and haggard, joy was written on every inch of her pretty face. And Fenrir’s eyes were, indeed, something to be marveled. At first glance they seemed brown, but in the light they gleamed amber and gold, flecked with emerald green about large dark pupils. The baby looked up at his mother, embodying the very meaning of trust. Heidi hugged him close. He was perfect!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


With the same blissful smile on her face, Heidi Grey awoke. She had been dreaming, again, about that wonderful day more than eleven glorious years ago”the best day of her life. She lay in bed only a few minutes more; then, she remembered what today was!


Heidi scrambled out of bed and put on her slippers, struggling with her bathrobe as she trudged down the hall. Michael had left for work already; he had promised to Apparate to Platform 9 3/4 to say goodbye before the train left. But what surprised her was that Fenn was already awake.


Michael Grey had been right; Fenrir had grown up to be a great strapping boy. He was very sturdily built for an eleven-year-old, but his broad shoulders and deep chest complemented his tall frame. A mop of sandy brown hair hung quite handsomely about his amber, amber eyes, and a bright smile played about his lips. Her little boy… off to school!


“Morning, Mum!” cried Fenn with childish innocence that belayed his mature appearance. His eyes were shining, and his smile was so huge that it threatened to split his face.


“Are you sure you packed everything?” asked Heidi mildly. Of course, she knew very well that he had”his trunk had been ready weeks ago, and she had been forced to wash laundry daily so Fenn wouldn’t have to rewear underwear. Never had she seen her little boy so enthusiastic about anything! Heidi knew she would miss him, but going to Hogwarts was a huge milestone in every wizard in Britain’s life.


Without deigning to answer, Fenn buttered a piece of toast liberally before cramming it into his mouth. Heidi watched in amusement as the bread vanished, save for a smattering of crumbs on the table and on Fenn’s cheeks. He’d scare the girls away with manners like those… but he was still young”and good-looking enough to make up for it,


Wiping crumbs off his cheek with his sleeve, Fenn turned to his mother. “I’m ready to go, Mum!” he cried happily. Heidi smiled, eyes bright with unshed tears, as she took his arm.


“You know what, Fenn? I think you are.”