Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ron's New Life by rupertgrintlover13

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry about the long wait. I hope that you are all enjoying my stories!!! Keep reading and reviewing.
Ron and Eva walked hand in hand back to the house. It had been the most fun Ron had had in a long time. Eva smiled a bright smile in his direction. “Shall I come back tomorrow?”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” said Ron brightly. “I had a ton of fun today…with you.”

“Me too,” said Eva sweetly. She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek and his heart beat out of his chest. He was sure Eva would hear it. “I’ll see you tomorrow, then?”

“I can’t wait!” Ron watched as she walked through the back gate. He went inside the back door and floated into the living room. If he didn’t know any better he would have said that his feet never touched the floor.

“Well, someone looks happy,” teased Ginny. Ron just hummed softly and sank to a seat in the couch.

Ron fingered his cheek where Eva had kissed him and felt his face flush. “I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

“Right…” said Harry as he chuckled softly, “Keep your fun to yourself then, see if we care.”

“I’m feeling tired all of a sudden. I think I’ll go to bed. Goodnight!” Ron walked up the stairs as everyone bid him goodnight. He felt like he was floating on clouds. He sighed and fell upon his bed. “Eva…” he rolled over onto his side, “Eva…” Within seconds, Ron was asleep.


The next day Ron was up at the crack of dawn. He went to the bathroom and combed his hair so many times that he was surprised when it didn’t fall out. He washed his face until it was bright pink. He wanted to surprise Eva with how happy and refreshed he looked.

He went downstairs and, just as he thought, Eva was sitting at the table with the Daily Prophet propped up against her goblet of juice. She smiled at him and she felt his face smile back. His heart was pounding in his feet.

“Good morning! Lovely day isn’t it?” He sat next to her and poured himself some juice. “Any plans today?”

“You’re looking fantastic today! I do have something planned today…”

“Oh…” Ron felt his face fall.

“And as soon as you’re done eating, we can go.”

“We?”

“You didn’t think I’d go somewhere without my best friend!”

Ron felt his face flush once more, “Best friend?”

“Of course!” Eva cleaned her plate with one flick of her wand and set it back in the cupboard.

Ron ate his food in a rush and said, “I’m done!”

Eva giggled and took his plate. “Then lets go!” She took his hand and led him into the backyard, “Close your eyes.”

Ron looked at her questioningly and closed his eyes tightly. He heard some background noise and was tempted to peek, but he knew Eva would be disappointed.

Eva tapped him lightly on the shoulder and he opened his eyes. She had two brooms in her hand. Without a word, she tossed him one and mounted her own. She peeled off into the sky and beckoned for Ron to follow. He laughed and mounted his own broom. He flew off after her. She stopped in the middle of the Weasley’s field and paused to wait for him. “I wanted to see if you really could fly as good as Harry tells me you can!”

Ron’s ears turned red. He hadn’t rode a broom since Hermione was alive and even when he had; it hadn’t been what you could call “good”.

Ron shrugged, “Let’s see then!” He took off with such speed that he hadn’t used since Hogwarts. She rolled her eyes and followed.

They spent the entire day flying around the countryside. Ron had never had so much fun on a broom. When they landed, Eva took his broomstick from him.

She laid the brooms on the ground and took him by the hand. She took him out into the field behind the Burrow. She laid down and looked up at the sky. She patted the ground next to her and she sat down.

“So, have you ever wanted to live in the city, or do you like the country?” He laid down beside her and looked at the stars beginning to appear.

“I don’t know…I guess I’ve always liked it here, but the city might be nice…”

“I’ve always wanted to live in the country…look at the stars. How could you ever want to leave this?” She sighed and rolled on her side to talk to him. “Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah, anything!”

“Have you ever thought about how short life is? When I look at the stars, all I can think about is that someday, even the stars will die…they are so big yet so vulnerable just like us. Sometimes I feel so…susceptible to everything. At least I know I’m going to die…the stars shine their entire lives away and then they die and turn into black holes…I’m sorry…I guess I just…well I’ve never been able to talk like this to anyone before…”

“I’ve never thought about it before but it makes sense…Life may be short, but the greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Nothing I have done has accomplished that yet…” He stood up and grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet.

“Thank you, Ron.”

“For what?”

“For giving me the brother, friend, and…that I never had.”

“No, thank you. Without you, I’d still be moping around like I was the one who had died.” Tears were streaming down Eva’s face and Ron didn’t know why, “I couldn’t live without you…”

Eva sobbed even harder, “I have to go! Thank you again, Ron! I’ll see you tomorrow!” She flew out of the gate and Apparated instantly.

“Bye…” Ron called hopelessly. He didn’t know why Eva was acting so strange and he wasn’t sure that he wanted to find out. When she had left, she had dropped the brooms. He picked them up. He had been having such a good time that he didn’t even notice what was on the handles. These brooms were two firebolts. He was sure that they didn’t belong to the Weasley’s. His family had never considered buying anything this expensive. “Eva,” Ron muttered. She didn’t have to do that. He gingerly laid them in the broom shed and walked towards the Burrow.

“Did you have a nice time?” asked his mother. Ron nodded. “Did Eva leave already?” Ron nodded again. “Well, I’m glad you had a good time,” his mother put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“It’s getting dark and I”I think I’m going to go to bed.”

“So soon?” Ginny looked up from the newest copy of Witch Weekly.

“Yeah, I’m feeling really tired.”

“Night, then!” Harry grinned and pushed his glasses up on his nose. Ron laughed remembering his days at Hogwarts when Harry did that constantly. Tomorrow he would be going back to Hogwarts but this time as a teacher. “What?” asked Harry.

“Nothing,” said Ron as he headed for the stairs. He made it to his room and set down on the edge of his bed. “It was probably nothing,” he said to himself. She just didn’t feel well… He stretched and realized that his eyelids did feel very heavy. He leaned back and was asleep before his head hit the pillow.

That night, dreams of an eagle filled his head. The eagle flew around the Burrow until it flew into his window. There, it settled into Pig’s cage and Ron kept it. He awoke talking to an imaginary eagle. “Ravenclaw…”

As soon as Eva arrived, Ron asked her what house she had been in just to be sure.

“Ron, I already told you before, I was a Ravenclaw.”

“That’s what I thought,” Ron said.

“Sorry about my leaving so quickly yesterday. I forgot to do something.”

“That’s ok,” Ron put a hand on her shoulder, “I understand.” Somehow he didn’t think Eva was telling him the entire truth but he didn’t care.

That day Eva took him once again to Diagon Alley. Ron felt very at peace with her here, being as this was where they had met. They spent the entire day window shopping and enjoying each other’s company. Just before they left, Ron bought them an ice cream cone to share.