Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Trip Down the Memory Lane by mate

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Here's the second chapter. And if you read please review. Healthy criticism is also welcomed, so do tell me what you think about it. Enjoy reading!!!!!

That summer, newspapers were full of Death Eaters’ attacks and the resulting deaths. Voldemort was displaying his power by attacking innocent and defenseless people. Muggle and magical communities were in total chaos. While the Muggles had no clue about any of the mysterious killings, for witches and wizards all over England each death was an indication of Voldemort gaining control. People were afraid to go outside.


I spent the first half of my holidays at my grandmother's house exchanging letters with Luna - we had become pretty close friends during my sixth year - and doing homework. During the latter part of the summer, I was invited to The Burrow for the wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour.


The wedding was arranged in the backyard of what the Weasleys called The Burrow. Only family members and some close friends were invited. It was simple affair, as a large gathering would surely attract the Death Eaters’ attention.


I let out a yawn. “I’m tired. Let’s go and sit," I said to Luna. We had danced for about hour and a half after the bride and groom had opened the floor.


Spotting Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny sitting in the corner, we went to join them.


“Hi, Neville! You two were looking great while dancing,” Harry said when we sat down.


“Thanks,” I answered blushingly.


“Oh, we were having lots of fun, but Neville got tired,” answered Luna.


“Why aren’t you all dancing?” I asked looking at four of them.


“Someone thinks we shouldn’t dance together as people will find out that we are still together while we are pretending we broke up,” answered Ginny glaring at Harry. She was clearly not happy with the arrangement.


“How were your holidays, Neville?” Harry asked quickly changing the subject.


“I spent my holidays pretty much at home, doing homework, reading the Prophet, and exchanging letters with Luna, except two or three trips to Diagon Alley with my grandmother. How about yours?"


Harry smirked. “Ron and Hermione stayed with me at my uncle's house. Uncle Vernon was pretty mad when I mentioned that they would be staying with me, but it only took one threat from Hermione to make him agree. We spent our time playing chess and doing some research. We also went to visit Hermione’s parents since she’ll be spending rest of her holidays with us," he answered.


"Did you guys get your Hogwarts letters yet? My Gran was surprised that Hogwarts is even opening. Do you think it’ll be any different?" I asked.


At this Harry, Ron and Hermione shared a worried look. At last, Hermione spoke.


"Neville…we’re not going to school this year. Dumbledore assigned a task to Harry, and Ron and I are helping him with it."


“Have you told your parents? They won’t be happy to hear this,” I inquired from Ron and Hermione.


“No….” answered Ron looking horrified at the thought of telling this to her mother. I could imagine Mrs. Weasley’s furious face after knowing that another son was dropping out of school, without finishing his studies.


At that second a thought came to my mind and I decided what I was going to do.


“I'm coming with you!" I declared loudly, causing some people to turn their heads toward us.


“What?" Harry, Ron and Hermione shouted at the same time, clearly surprised.


“I said I'm coming with you." I repeated in a final sort of tone.


“No, you're not…" Harry said.


"Look, Harry, I came with you to the Ministry of Magic and fought with you last year to save Hogwarts, and I am not going to leave you alone now,” I retorted.


“If Neville’s coming, I am, too,” stated Ginny


“Count me in too,” added Luna in a dreamy voice.


“Let’s not talk about this here,” said Harry, casting a worried glance around the room to make sure no one else was listening. “We’ll talk later. Let’s all meet in Ron’s room,” He added, resignedly.



************************************************************************


After the party I got permission from my grandmother to stay at the Weasley’s house. We all met, as planned, in Ron’s room.


Harry locked the door and cast a silencing charm on the door.


“Are you three absolutely sure that you want to do this?” Harry asked looking at me, Luna and Ginny.


“Definitely,” answered Ginny forcefully.


“Then you need to know some things, Hermione and Ron already know about this, which I trust you not to tell anyone,” declared Harry in a firm voice. Then he explained all about the Prophecy and the Horcruxes.


I was shocked to say the least. I could have been in Harry’s place, with his dangerous journey ahead of me. A total silence followed after Harry’s revelation. Each of us was contemplating the information that Harry had revealed. At last, Ginny broke the silence.


“So you're saying that you have to destroy all these seven pieces in order to defeat Voldemort?” she inquired in a tone less voice.


Harry nodded without looking at her. I think he was unsure how Ginny would react.


“Then we'll all do this together, and we'll succeed,” Ginny said in a determined voice, giving Harry a warm smile.


“Definitely”, every body agreed.


“Now, Ginny and Luna in no way you are leaving Hogwarts and coming with us. You are under aged and your parents will not agree to this…” started Harry.


“Harry we agreed that we are coming with you” Ginny interrupted fiercely.


“Listen, Ginny let me finish. First of all, I agreed that you can be part of the mission, but I didn’t say you could come with us. Secondly, I have some missions for both of you. You will keep an eye on all the happenings in Hogwarts, and gather all the support you can for the battle, I don’t think Voldemort will come alone. It’s time the DA was revived again, but on a larger scale,” Harry explained.


After some persuasion Ginny and Luna agreed to this.


“Okay, so that’s final. For the rest of us, I will plan our training programs. Ron, you will devise all the strategies. Hermione you will do the research for all the Horcruxes and there possible locations, and Neville, I want you to work with the twins and come up with different things that can help us in our search,” Harry finished


Voldemort doesn’t stand a chance, I thought looking at all the determined faces.


******************************************************************************

Thanks again to my wonderful betas Gryffinpuff and Malika Potter.