Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: A warning: This story does not start out funny. It has a very serious and sensitive begining. You have been warned!

JKR owns Harry Potter, I do not. I would like to thank my beta for this, Winged Artemis!! Awesome job, Hannah!!!
Harry Potter....Housewife?


Harry Potter awoke to the sound of the toilet flushing that morning. He groaned and turned to the alarm clock on his night table. 7:30. He sat up and ran his hands through his hair, and decided to investigate after seeing his wife was not in bed with him.

She's never up before eight, he thought opening the bathroom door to his wife of two years hugging her knees by the toilet.

"Gin? What's up?" he said, crouching next to her.

"I got sick," she said.

"Did you eat something?" Harry asked, feeling her forehead.

"No, I was like this yesterday, while I was shopping with Mum, and the day before that, but it was after you had left for work. But I took some Porcupine Quill potion, and it went away." Ginny said. Suddenly, a flash of fear crossed her eyes, and she jumped up and rushed to the kitchen. Harry had fallen off his heels, and landed on his bum. After a few seconds, he heard Ginny scream. He rushed in the kitchen to find her standing in front of their calendar, hands covering her mouth.

Harry looked at the calendar, too, wondering if there had been something. And then it hit him.

"Harry, I think we're gonna have... a baby," Ginny said.

"Us? Parents?!" Harry exclaimed, clearly more excited than Ginny.

"I've waited all my life for this, and here it is and I don't know what to do," she said. Her eyes filled with tears.

Harry's arms enveloped her in a warm and comforting hug. "It's okay, Ginny. I don't know what to do either," he kissed the top of her head.

"We'll go see your mum. She'll know what to do," Harry said, grabbing his wife's hand and leading her to the fireplace.

"The Burrow!"


~~~~



"Mum?" Ginny called, stepping out of the fireplace and called into the empty Burrow.

"Maybe they're outside?" Harry offered.

Just as they made their way to the back door, it swung open. Mrs. Weasley's face appeared. She dropped her basket of vegetables.

"Ahhh! Ginny! Harry!" She screamed and hugged them both fiercely.

"Hello, Molly, how are you?" Harry greeted.

"Fine, fine. How about you two?" she asked. She pulled out her wand and waved them at the vegetables that had fallen on the floor. They flew up in the air, and drifted across the room and into the sink.

"Well, we're fine. But we need to talk to you," Harry said, taking a seat at the table.

"Yeah, Mum. It's kinda a long story, and I could really use some tea," Ginny said, wilting into a seat.

Mrs. Weasley set the kettle onto the stove, got out some teacups, and the fixings, she set them on the table.

"So, what do you need to tell me?" she smiled.

"Well, remember I got sick while we were shopping the other day?" Ginny began tentatively.

"Mhmm," was all Mrs. Weasley said, nodding her head slightly.

"And do you remember how I needed a bigger size of clothes?" Ginny paused and drew a breath. She felt Harry's hand close around hers. "Well, when I got sick this morning, I figured out why. Mum, I... I'm-"

Ginny was interrupted by the whistling tea pot. While pouring their tea, Mrs. Weasley reinstated the conversation.

"So, when do you want to have the party?" she smiled, stirring her tea.

"For?" Ginny asked.

"The baby!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed, jumping up to hug Harry and Ginny.

"How did you know?!" Ginny smiled.

Mrs. Weasley smiled. "Ginny, darling, I had seven children, I know the signs." She added, "I just wanted to let you tell me first."

"Well, we haven't been to the Healer yet, but I'm almost sure. We came to see you for a reason," Ginny said. She was on the verge of tears when she felt Harry's hand close tighter around hers. "I don't know what to do!"

"Come with me," Mrs. Weasley said, leading them into the sitting room. She stopped in front of the bookcase, and tapped her finger on her chin, while her eyes searched the books.

"Ah-ha! Just what you need!" she said, pulling two books down from the case.

"What We Do When Expecting, and First Time Pregnancies For Witches," she handed the books to Ginny and then turned back to the bookcase. After another few moments, and another "ah-ha!" She pulled out a book and handed it to Harry.

"The First Time Father. Arthur read it when I first found out I was pregnant." She smiled, patting Harry on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Molly," Harry said, following her into the kitchen.

"Mum, what do I do now?" Ginny asked.

"Go home, and owl St. Mungo's for an appointment with a Healer. Then go, and owl me with the news," Mrs. Weasley explained calmly.

"Please keep this quiet, I don't want anyone knowing yet - that is, until we're sure I am pregnant and healthy," Ginny begged her mother.

"I won't, I promise. Alright, hugs! And off you go!" Molly Weasley smiled, pulling them both into another tight embrace.

Engulfed in a green flame, the couple made their way back to their home.



A/N: Well? Be honest! I hope you enjoy this! I want to let you know again, the next two chapters are very sensitive! Please review! Thanks to my beta, Winged Artemis