Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hi guys! I bet you are all excited by the title of this chapter, huh? This is going to be one of the big ones! We all know what's going to happen right? After this, there is only two more chapters!! *sadness* But fear not, there is a sequel in the works and will be posted soon. I plan to finish this one by October 31, 2007. But life never allows such plans.

Let's give a great big giant thanks to my beta (and good friend) Ron x Hermione! Thanks, Lindsey!

A/N: In case there is any confusion, this chapter starts on the 24th of October. Ginny is due October 25th.




Harry Potter...Housewife?







Chapter Ten:
The Ninth Month









Ginny opened her eyes to find her bedroom was still dark. She lay still for a moment listening for her husband’s rhythmic breathing signaling he was still asleep. She glanced at her bedside clock and sighed when she saw it read four forty-five. Slowly lifting herself out of bed, she shuffled to the bathroom.







She had tossed and turned all night long. For months now her back had been hurting but just in the last few days it seemed to get worse.







Sitting down on the toilet, Ginny wet a cloth and washed her face. Sighing as the cool water dribbled down her neck, she began to think about what she would be doing today. She remembered she had a Healer appointment, and possibly dinner with her family. Ginny continued her morning routine by combing her hair and brushing her teeth. Normally she was up much, much later in the morning. Something had just bothered her until she was awake.





She quietly shuffled back to bed, thankful for the bright moon light so she didn't trip. When she settled in, Harry rolled over and smiled at her.





“Everything okay, love?” he asked.





“Yeah, I’m fine. Just having a hard time sleeping,” Ginny replied sighing. She rubbed circles on her stomach.





“Do you want me to stay up with you?” Harry offered.





“No, no. You go back to sleep,” Ginny said. Harry sat up and kissed her cheek, and pulled her head against his chest.





“No, I think I’ll stay up with you.”





Ginny closed her eyes and smiled as Harry rubbed her arm.





“Thanks,” she whispered.





In the comfort of Harry’s arms, Ginny drifted back to sleep. Harry soon followed.







~*~*~*~*~*~








“Mrs. Potter, you are doing fantastically despite the setbacks you have experienced,” Healer Peeker said. The Healer had just finished examining Ginny.





“And the babies?” Ginny asked, her voice tense.







“They, too, are doing fantastic,” Peeker said. “Have you made arrangements for when you give birth?”





“We plan to come here,” Harry said.





“Good. You are due for October twenty-fifth, so I will be here to assist you.”





Ginny smiled.





“Do you have any questions?” Peeker asked, making some notes in Ginny’s file.





“Yes, actually. My family would like to have dinner with us tonight. Would it be all right to go?” Ginny asked.





“I would say no, but I understand you have been cooped up and bored. As long as you sit down and try not to move too much, you may attend dinner with your family.”





“Thank you!” Ginny cried.





“You’re welcome,” Peeker smiled. “I shall see you within the week.”





Once Harry and Ginny returned home, they owled Hermione.







~*~*~*~*~*~








Hermione had just received an owl from Harry and Ginny saying they would be able to attend dinner, which was really going to be their baby shower.





Hermione gathered Danielle up and Floo’ed over to the Burrow.







“Hermione! Danielle! What a surprise!” Molly exclaimed. As the girls entered the kitchen where she was washing dishes, she dried her hands and hugged them.





“What brings you here?” Molly asked.





“I just received an owl from Harry and Ginny. They met with their Healer today, and she gave them the okay to come to dinner!” Hermione said excitedly.





“Oh! Wonderful! My, we have a lot to do until then. Let’s owl Fleur and get busy,” Molly said.









The women spent the rest of the afternoon cooking, cleaning and decorating. Fleur stayed at her home to gather and organize gifts.









At six o’clock promptly, Harry and Ginny strolled up the Burrow lane and knocked on the door.





“They’re here!”





“Hide!”





“No! Don’t hide, Ginny’ll go into labor if we all jump out!”







Harry and Ginny looked at each other with raised eyebrows and questioning expressions.







“D’you think they would do that?” Harry asked.





“I guess we’re about to find out,” Ginny said. The door opened to reveal Mrs. Weasley, who looked tired but was smiling.







“Hello, dears. Come on in,” she said, standing aside.







The whole kitchen was filled with the whole family.







“What’s going on?” Ginny asked, her voice unbelieving.







“Welcome to your first baby shower,” Hermione said, rushing forward to hug Ginny.







“Ginny, you have to sit down,” Harry said.







“Yes, please. Don’t hurt yourself on our account,” Hermione said. She brought Ginny to the living room and sat her down in the plush recliner Mr. Weasley usually filled.







“Thanks, Hermione,” Ginny said.





“How long have you been planning this?” Harry asked, pulling a chair next to Ginny.





“A few months,” Mrs. Weasley said. Everyone came and sat in the living room filling the sofa, extra chairs and some of the floor.





Ginny gazed around at her family: Fred and George, Bill, Fleur, Ron, Hermione, Mum, Dad, Danielle, Nicole. Tears filled her eyes.





“This is fantastic,” she whispered. “Thank you.”





“Eet waz not a problem,” Fleur said.





“You just sit back and enjoy yourselves,” Mrs. Weasley said. “I’ll even break the rules and bring supper in here for us.”





~*~*~*~*~*~








Ginny quietly sat through her family dinner. She was having some stomach pains. She had reclined in her chair after some dessert, and rubbed her stomach. The pain was dull some moments, and others sharp and very uncomfortable. She wasn’t sure what was going on.







After fifteen minutes of sitting and rubbing her stomach and breathing deep and slow, Ginny was hit with a sudden urge to visit the bathroom. She looked around: everyone seemed to be busy. Hermione was sitting right next to her. She tapped Hermione on the shoulder.







“Yes?” Hermione asked, turning to face Ginny.







“Can you please help me to the bathroom?” Ginny asked, quietly.







“Are you all right?”





“I’m fine.”







Hermione helped Ginny out of her chair. Ginny told Harry she was fine and just needed a bathroom break.







As they made their way up the stairs, Ginny took her time to stop and breath. Hermione kept shooting her glances.





“You’re not okay, are you Ginny?” She asked, supporting Ginny with her shoulder.





“I just need to get to the bathroom, Hermione,” Ginny said sharply.





“Ginny, you need to be honest with me. What’s wrong?”



“I’m just having some pains, that’s all,” Ginny said, her voice misleadingly dismissive.





Hermione was silent as she opened the bathroom door for Ginny. She closed it behind her.





Once in the bathroom, Ginny sat down on the closed toilet, mopping sweat from her forehead. She heard footsteps outside the door, figuring it was just Hermione worrying herself, Ginny hurried to finish her business.







~*~*~*~








Hermione had waited a few seconds before going back downstairs. She had to get Harry.





She reached the bottom stair and called for Harry. He ran over in what seemed like a millisecond.





“What?” he asked.





“Ginny’s having some pains. Harry, I think she’s gone into labor!” Hermione said quickly.





“But she’s not due until…” the realization hit Harry.







“I know she’s due tomorrow, but I think she’ll just be a day or so early. This could also be a start to a very long labor,” Hermione said. She had begun Healer’s training a while ago, but became pregnant with Nicole and dropped out until Nicole was older.





There was a muffled scream from upstairs, Harry and Hermione turned and ran up the stairs, Harry taking them two at a time.







~*~*~*~








As Ginny stood from the toilet, she doubled over in a startlingly sharp pain. She screamed, but realized that once Hermione did not burst in, she must have returned downstairs.







A moment later, the door burst open and Harry rushed in, followed closely by Hermione.





“Ginny! Why didn’t you tell me you were in pain?” Harry said, dropping to his knees. Ginny had slid down the wall and was clutching her stomach.





“I’m sorry! It didn’t get really bad until now,” she began to cry. “Harry, it hurts, it hurts.”





“Ginny, look at me. You need to breath deep and slow,” Hermione instructed. “Harry. You go back down, tell everyone what’s going on, and then send word to your Healer. I’ll stay here with Ginny.”







Harry nodded and kissed Ginny. “It’s going to be alright,” he whispered to her.





Ginny smiled weakly. “I know,” she whispered.





Harry left and bounded down the stairs.







“Do you think you can walk?” Hermione asked. “This

bathroom is little small for this.”





“I can try,” Ginny panted.







Hermione helped Ginny to her feet, and led her down the hall to Ginny’s old room. She sat her on the bed and propped her up with pillows as she laid back.







“Okay. Let’s work on your breathing,” Hermione said. She knelt in front of Ginny and began to coach her.













A/N: DUN DUN DUN!



EDIT: SORRY ABOUT THE FORMATTING! IT"S FIXED NOW