Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hello! Thanks for taking such a liking to the first chapter! Hope you enjoy this one!! Major thanks to my beta, Winged Artemis!!! You're the greatest!! Take note: This is a sensitive chapter!



Harry Potter...Housewife?

Morning Sickness Part II







As soon as the two stepped in the door, Harry owled the hospital and waited impatiently for a reply. He paced in front of the kitchen window.


"Harry, please come sit with me,” Ginny called from the living room couch. Harry poked his head in from the kitchen, an alarmed look on his face.

"Is everything okay? Did something happen?" he asked quickly, rushing to Ginny's side.

"Honey, I'm fine. I was just worried you were going to pace a hole in our floor. Now, sit down!" she said, patting the cushion next to her.

Harry obeyed, and though he was sitting, he bounced his knee and tapped his fingers.

"Harry, what is wrong with you?" Ginny asked.

"I don't know, I was so excited when we found out this morning, but now I can't sit still, I can't stop thinking something could be wrong with you or the baby or both of you!" he yelled, slamming his body back into the couch.

"Aww! You're so sweet!" Ginny exclaimed she leaned on his shoulder and entwined her fingers with his and hold his hand tight. She looked into her husband's vibrant green eyes, which were still filled with fear.

"Harry, please relax, everything will be okay," Ginny said. She added, "Look, I was reading this book Mum gave me, and it says that seventy-five percent of pregnancies have no complications."

"Okay, but how do you know you're not one of the other 25 percent that do have trouble?" Harry asked, stroking the back of her hand with his thumb.

"Because I have a gut feeling that everything will be okay," she answered.

There was a pecking noise from the kitchen, and Harry jumped up to get it. It was an owl carrying a letter.


"It's from St. Mungo’s! It says they can see you tomorrow morning," Harry said, once he was back in the living room.

"Great! What time?" Ginny asked.

"Early," Harry said, "but we'll manage."

"My morning sickness is the worst in the mornings," Ginny whined. Harry kissed her cheek and stood up.

"We'll manage it," he said, as Ginny returned his bright smile. But her smile was gone as quickly as it had come. Her face changed into a pained look and her hands grasped her stomach.

"Ginny, what's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Pain, really bad pain!" Ginny groaned.

"Okay, er, what do I do?" Harry asked tensely. His hands flew to his head, and he began pacing again. The pain in Ginny's lower abdomen was so strong, she began to feel tears in her eyes. She began to imagine the worst.

What's wrong with me!? Her mind screamed.

"Harry! Owl Mum and St. Mungo’s! We can't wait until tomorrow!" She exclaimed, her voice filled with pain. Even while standing, she felt the pain gravitate upwards, consuming her whole stomach with intense pain. She fell to her knees and began to scream. In the act of falling, she reached out to brace herself, merely grasping the edge of the coffee table, and brought a lamp crashing to the floor.


The last thing she remembered was seeing her mum and Harry crowding around her and calling her name.

I'll have to thank that stupid clock later, she thought, and the once comforting living room became a fuzzy grey and faded black.






~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




Ginny was taken to St. Mungo's by Harry and Mrs. Weasley only seconds after she passed out. When they arrived, Harry explained their entire day to their Healer, from when they first found out about the baby, until she passed out.

The Healer, Anna Peeker, specialized in witch health and everything that went along with it “ including babies. She had taken Ginny's case as soon as they walked in the door.

"Does she have any other sicknesses?" Peeker asked.

"No, never," Mrs. Weasley answered.


"Harry, what was her first complaint?" the healer asked.

"She clutched her stomach, and said that she had really bad pain. I got up to owl you and Molly, and she fell to her knees and started screaming." Harry faltered, but he continued. "She was screaming and crying and she couldn't speak."

"Okay, could you see anything that could be causing her pain?" Healer Peeker asked, making notes.

Harry shook his head. "The only thing I could think of was that something was wrong with the baby."


"Well, we are not sure exactly what's happened, and when Ginny wakes, I will ask her questions as well. For now, I am going to ask you both to step out so I can examine her," the healer asked nicely, placing her hand on Ginny. Harry looked as though he were to object, but he kept silent and left the room.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




What seemed like hours later, the healer exited Ginny's room, and assured Mrs. Weasley Harry that Ginny was fine, still asleep but stable. Peeker pulled Harry aside, asking him to meet her in her office in a few moments. Agreed, Harry went to visit with Ginny.

Quietly opening the door, he went into the dark room. The blinds and curtains had been drawn as an attempt to calm Ginny when she first arrived. When that didn’t work, she was given a potion for restful sleep.

"Ginny, I going to talk to the healer about what happened to you. Wake up soon, okay? I love you," he said. Harry kissed her cheek and left.


Harry had gotten lost twice, and had finally stopped to ask for directions.

Once pointed in the right direction, he found the door was marked 'Healer A. Peeker, Witches' Needs'. He knocked. There was no reply, so Harry knocked again, wondering where she could have gotten to.

"Mr. Potter! I was wondering where you had gotten to!" Peeker appeared from the hall.

"As did I. Um, I got lost once or twice," Harry said, warmth creeping up his neck.

"No matter, you're here now, and I have very important things to discuss with you about the health of your wife and children," she said, showing Harry into the office and to a chair. Once sitting, Harry's brain began to compute her words....

''Children?!'' he whispered.

"Yes, you are going to be the father of twins. Twins are very hard for a first time mother to carry, and while the female body is made for carrying children, twins put much more stress on the mother's body. They were too much for her to handle as a first time." Healer Peeker sighed deeply, and leaned back. A look of great concern crossed her face, and Harry began to worry.


"Harry, Ginny's body has rejected one of the babies; it's died while still inside her," Peeker said.

"Oh, Merlin, no," Harry cried.






A/N:: Okay, this was a very sensitive, yet needed, chapter. While all of you are wondering, what happened to the other baby? You will find out in the near future. The first few chapters are serious, and then turning funny and serious again. Thanks so much to my beta, Winged Artemis, I couldn't do this without you!