Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey! I know what you must be thinking, "WOW, that was quick!" ALL thanks to my fantastic beta, Ron x Hermione! She's awesome! I hope you enjoy this chapter, it took a while to get it just right. We're getting past the super sensitive content, but there is still a warning. Enjoy and Review!!
Harry Potter...Housewife?




Chapter Four: Life Must Go On, No Matter What






“Do you have everything you need?” Harry asked. He had just tucked Ginny into their bed, along with a pitcher and glass of ice water, some crackers and cheese, a few magazines, and a Quidditch book.



“Yes, I think so. I promise to call you if I need anything,” she smiled.



“Okay,” Harry said. He began to fidget with her covers, and Ginny pushed his hands away.



“Go take a shower and relax. I’ll be fine,” she told him.



“Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel lonely,” he said, sitting next to her.



“I’m sure. More than sure, actually.” She smiled.



“Okay, but I’ll hurry up,” he said, pointing at the clock on the dresser.



“You do that.”



Harry leaned over and kissed her, reluctant to leave now.

She gave him a look that automatically told him to leave at that moment or else.



“Okay, okay. I’m going now,” Harry said, standing up.



“Bye, darling,” Ginny said, waving.



Harry winked and left the room.

~ * ~



In the shower, Harry’s mind would not rest even for a few moments. He could only recount the last few days, thinking if maybe they had done this, and not that, that something would be different.



He always came up with the same answer.



Bad things happen to good people sometimes.



~ * ~



Ginny was staring at her magazine, not really reading the pages. She didn’t feel like it. She was still worried Harry was disappointed in her. She had been putting on a show, smiling and laughing, when on the inside she felt like crying



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




“Harry! Could you please bring me some tea? With honey?” Ginny called.



Harry threw his quill on the table. He had been working on some paperwork that had piled up. He had applied for the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teaching position over the last summer break. He was grading some end-of-term papers.



This was also the third time in the last forty-five minutes that Ginny decided she needed something from him.



“Yes, just give me a minute,” he called back to her. Stomping in the kitchen, he turned the teakettle on and got a mug from the cupboard.



They had been home three days, and already Harry was going crazy. While he knew Ginny needed him to help her, he thought she was taking it a little too far.



The whistling kettle broke his thoughts. He poured the steaming liquid in the mug and grabbed a spoon.



“Here you go.” He smiled as he brought the steaming cup to Ginny.



“Thank you very much,” Ginny said, taking the cup.



“I’m sorry I keep bothering you. The truth is, I hate sitting in here alone,” she said, running her finger around the rim of the mug and giving Harry puppy eyes.



“No, not the puppy eyes. I have work to do Ginny,” Harry pleaded. Ginny stuck her bottom lip out and reached her hand out for him.



“All right,” Harry said, going to fetch his papers.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




“Are you ready?” Harry asked two days later. They were sitting at the kitchen table, staring at each other. It had been five days since Ginny had been released from the hospital, and it was time for her to go back for a checkup.



“Yeah. You scared?” she asked.



“A little. But I’m sure everything’s fine,” Harry replied.



“Okay, I’m sure you’re right. Ginny said. “Come on, we’ll be late.”



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




“I’m here to see Healer Peeker?” Ginny asked the desk witch at St. Mungo’s. The witch pointed the direction without looking up from her magazine.



Harry and Ginny walked to Peeker’s office and knocked.



“Come in,” came the muffled reply. The couple entered the office and took their seats.



“Ah, the Potters. How is everything?” Peeker greeted them, and pulled a file from the tall stack in her desk.



“Everything is as well as it can be; I’ve been doing just what you asked.” Ginny replied.



“Wonderful, wonderful. Have you had any more problems?”



“No. None,” Ginny said, shaking her head.



“Well, I’m going to examine you now,” Peeker said. She stood and led Harry and Ginny through a door in her office, which followed on to an examining room.



“Hop up on the table, please,” Peeker asked. “I am going to perform a spell that will bring us images from inside you; out here for us to look at. You will feel your stomach grow warm, and maybe slightly tingly, but no pain,” she explained.



“All right,” Ginny said, slightly worried of what they may find.



Healer Peeker pulled her wand from her pocket and pointed it at Ginny’s stomach, beginning to murmur some words.



Ginny exclaimed softly as she felt her stomach grow warm. Harry watched, his mouth forming a slight “o” shape.



“All right. Now, let’s see what we can see.” Peeker said, turning her wand from Ginny’s stomach to the wall, where small, dark images appeared. Two small blobs were moving.



“Oh, my goodness!” Peeker exclaimed loudly, leaning closer to study the blobs.



“What? What’s wrong? Ginny exclaimed.



“Nothing at all,” Peeker replied. She looked genuinely surprised.



“Then would you like to tell me why you are yelling?” Harry growled from his chair.



“Harry, Ginny. . . I was wrong.”







A/N: HA! There is a nice little cliffie for you. I hope you liked it, and please review. Chapter five is with my fantastic beta right this second, and I am expecting it back very soon! I'm so sorry that this is so short! But, do remember this chapter was supposed to cover five days, so I tried to put a little snippet of every day or every couple days to show that.