Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Well, hello again! Here is chapter four! In this chapter, you will discover just why Healer Peeker was wrong. And thanks to my beta, Ron x Hermione! Best beta around! And to all my reviewers! You guys are awesome! Thanks! WARNING:: Things become a little graphic as the healer explains Ginny's condition. Nothing overly graphic, but a warning to the readers who need one. *smile*
Harry Potter...Housewife?



Chapter Five: “I need a drink….”






“Harry, Ginny…I was wrong.”





“Come again?”



“I was wrong,” Healer Peeker replied to the parents.



Ginny sat up from the table, shaking her head.



“No. See you told me my child had died--- you can’t just take it back!” she yelled. She sauntered over to the Healer, who looked a little scared, but stood her ground.



“Do you know what I have been through these past ten days? I felt like I’ve disappointed my husband; my family. I wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Then, there was the ever-increasing fear that I would lose the baby I had left! Do you know what that’s like?” Ginny now had the Healer pinned against the wall, jabbing her in the shoulder and yelling in her face.



Harry just watched. He knew there was no way he could stop her. Death Eaters? No problem. Voldemort? The most evil wizard there ever was? Slightly harder, but not impossible. Ginny Weasley? She was her mother’s daughter. He smiled slightly at the revelation.



“Ginny, calm down,” Harry said gently, putting his hand on her back.



“NO!” she screamed. She whirled around to face Harry, her face tear-streaked and red. Harry opened his arms and made to hug her, but she just shook her head. Harry nodded back at her, pulling her tightly to him. She sobbed in his arms, her hands against his chest.



Harry pulled back. “Let’s just listen to what she has to say, okay?”



“All right,” Ginny nodded, wiping her tears away.



“First off, I would like to apologise for that, Ginny. I should have handled that better,” the Healer started. “Please come back to my office.”



Once seated in the Healer’s office, Ginny seemed to have clamed down considerably. Harry was holding her hand as she breathed deeply.



The Healer took a great breath and began.



“I don’t know how this could have happened. Honestly, I’ve never seen it happen. The best way for me to explain this is to simply say I was mistaken.



“Sometimes, women who are pregnant for the first time get pains; some are so small that you don’t really even know they’re there; other times it’s like your pains were the worst thing you’ve ever experienced. If this happens, then it’s easy for us to suspect that you had lost the child.”



“Is there a solid, real reason for this?” Ginny interrupted.



“Yes, believe it or not. It’s simply the body expanding to compensate for your growing child. You had such severe pain due to the fact that you have two children growing inside you, and your body had to expand at a faster and more advanced growing rate than it had planned on, since this was your first pregnancy.”



“It’s that simple?” Harry asked, unbelievingly.



“Yes. It’s quite a bit of drama for something so simple, isn’t it?” Healer Peeker smiled.



“I can’t believe this,” Ginny said, shaking her head. Silence followed for a few moments.



“Are you experiencing any more pains? How do you feel?” the Healer asked.



“Like I need a drink.”



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




That night, Harry lay in bed, contemplating the day. Then he remembered something Ginny had said earlier.



“Ginny?” Harry whispered. “Are you awake?”



"Yes, Harry, what is it?” Ginny asked, rolling over to face her husband.



“I want to ask you something,” he said.



“Okay,” Ginny said, waiting.



“Why did you feel like you disappointed me?”



“Harry…“ Ginny began.



“No, please. I really want to know why you thought that.”



“Because…” Ginny paused, searching for the right words. “Because I knew how excited you were when we found out about us having children, and then when this whole thing started, I felt like I was damaged goods or something,”



“Oh, Ginny. I don’t think that. I think you are the most perfect person in the world for me. You’re not damaged. Just look at how this turned out! Everything is fine.”



“Bloody hormones,” Ginny sniffled.



“What?” Harry asked.



“I said, ‘bloody hormones’! They make me cry about everything!” Ginny said.



Inside Harry was laughing, but he held it in, moving over to hold his wife.



“It’s all right, baby,” he whispered, kissing her forehead.



“Oh! Harrrrry!” She continued to sob into his arms.



“What? What’d I do?”



“You haven’t called me “baby” since we’ve been married!” Ginny cried.



“I have to!” Harry retorted. Ginny immediately stopped crying and pushed Harry away.



“Are you calling me a liar?”



“Err…no?”



“I think you are,” Ginny said, throwing her covers off and getting out of the bed. She went to the closet and pulled out a spare blanket and stormed out of the room. The door slammed in her wake.



“Ginny! Come back here!” Harry said, jumping out of the bed.



Ginny’s head popped back in the door. She did not look happy.



“You try to follow me, Potter, and you’ll be sorry,”



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




Needless to say, Harry did not go after Ginny. He returned to bed and waited a few hours to let her cool off. He hadn’t meant to upset her, but obviously she had taken it that way. He glanced over at the clock that read 2:00 am. He walked to the door and stuck his head out, looking down the hall and seeing a light coming from the living room. He took a deep breath as he stepped into the hall. As he followed it, he looked at the pictures on the wall. It was mostly family; the Weasleys, one of his parents at their wedding, himself as a baby, Ginny and her siblings, and one of Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny at Hogwarts.



He stopped and looked at the last one. It was his favourite. It was himself and his wife at their wedding. They stood in the garden of the Burrow, surrounded totally by each and every Weasley son, and their wives and children. It also included every Order member, plus Remus’ and Tonks’ son, just one year old at the time, holding onto his daddy’s leg, crying. Harry smiled at the baby. He looked just like Remus.



Then there was Ginny at the direct centre of the photo. Dressed in her gown, Harry thought she looked like an angel. Her hair was curled, falling in soft twists around her face as half was pulled back. She was smiling brightly; it was clear she was happy. The placid sunset in the background of the picture made her hair and cream-colored skin stand out.



“Harry?” a soft voice called down the hall.



Harry turned to see Ginny, wrapped in a blanket, leaning on the doorframe of the living room.



“Hey,” he answered.



“What’re you doing?” she asked, coming closer.



“Just looking,” Harry said. He wrapped his hands around her waist, and she leaned her head on his shoulder.



“I’m sorry about earlier,” she whispered. “I just can’t control my emotions anymore.”



“It’s fine. I was like that once,” Harry said, remembering his days during the war. He had been so stressed at times; any little thing would set him off.



“I remember,” Ginny said fondly.



“Ready to come to bed?” he asked.



“Yeah,” Ginny said, stifling a yawn.



Harry led her down the hall, opening the bedroom door, and letting Ginny in first. She crawled into her side of the bed and Harry covered her up. He leaned down and kissed her lips gently. He climbed into bed himself, turning on his side. He felt hands on his chest, and looked down to see Ginny had cuddled up to him. He kissed her again.



“I love you,” he whispered.



“I love you, too.”







A/N: Aww! That was your first taste of Ginny being hormonal. I had a bit of fun with it. I hope you enjoyed it. Please review! The next chapter is where the fic gets it's name, and we will get a little more fluff, some humour, Harry being romantic and Ginny getting a few laughs at her husband. Thanks again to my beta!