Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hello! Here is chapter seven. I hope you all are not too mad at me for the long wait!! Good news, school is over for me, which took up alot of time. So now I can devote more time to this. Chapter Eight should follow soon! Thanks to my beta, Ron x Hermione! You're the bestest! Review please! And guess what? No content warning!
Harry Potter...Housewife?




Chapter Seven: Already Fighting



Harry and Ginny Potter were standing the kitchen of their Hogsmeade flat, cleaning up after their dinner. Harry had gotten quite good at doing household chores over the last week. So far he had been able to master sweeping and mopping, dusting, and cleaning the bathrooms. Ginny had spent this particular day on dishes. At the first attempt, Harry had used too much soap, and dropped each dish into the sink, causing quite a few to break. Ginny had remedied the situation quickly.


By dinnertime, Harry had gotten much better. He washed and rinsed while Ginny dried and put the dishes away in their respective places.


Ginny dried and put away the last glass. She folded her towel, and leaned against the counter. She saw that Harry had his back turned to her while he was wiping the table.

“Harry, I think it’s time we start making plans for the nursery,” Ginny said.


“Sounds like a good idea. What do you have in mind?” Harry replied, coming back to the sink, and drying his hands.


Ginny shrugged her shoulders, and looked thoughtfully around the room.


“Maybe we should go and look in the spare rooms?” Harry suggested. Ginny nodded and walked up the stairs to their second floor.


On the second floor of their home, there were two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a large linen closet. The master bedroom that Harry and Ginny shared was located on the first floor.


They made their way into the first bedroom. It was the smallest room in the house, about twelve by fourteen feet. They quickly decided this was entirely too small for twins, and moved to the room directly across the hall.


The second room was bigger, the large window and closet were added charm to the room. They had decided to keep all the extra rooms bare, aside from carpeting. That way, they could magic the rooms quickly to fit their guest’s preferences.


“I think this one is all right,” Ginny said, going over to the window and gazing out.


“Sure,” Harry said uninterestedly.


“Harry Potter! You had better take interest in where your children will be sleeping!” Ginny bellowed.


“Okay, okay. Do you really want to know what I think?” he asked. Ginny nodded excitedly.


“I think we should use this room, split it in half, one for each baby, and you decorate one side, and I’ll do the other,”


“That sounds…like a really great idea,” Ginny smiled. “Well, let’s get to it!”


“Ginny, it’s probably a better idea to wait,” Harry said gently.


“Why?” Ginny said slowly, her face forming a menacing look.


“Because, how can we decorate if we don’t know what we are having? We could end up decorating for a boy and a girl, and have two boys! That would be bad.”


“I guess you’re right. Let’s go see Healer Peeker!” she said immediately.


“You’re not due to see her for another week,” Harry said.


“I know, but I want to go now,” Ginny smiled.


“Fine, let’s send an owl.”


Ginny followed her husband down the stairs and into the den, where Hedwig had claimed the room for her own. Ginny quickly wrote to the Healer, asking for an appointment. Hedwig perched herself on Ginny’s lap, clearly eager to deliver the letter. Ginny stroked her feathers gently while Harry tied the letter on her outstretched leg. He then opened the window, and she hooted a quick goodbye, and then soared out of the window.


~*~*~




“Ginny, maybe she’s just busy,”


“No, she doesn’t want me to come!”


Harry and Ginny were sitting in their living room waiting for Healer Peeker to get back to them. They had been waiting for over an hour. As they sat in the silence, Harry could feel Ginny’s tension. He too wanted to know what the babies would be, but he also wanted to be surprised.

A soft tapping broke his thoughts, and Ginny jumped up and ran to the den. They found Hedwig waiting patiently with a letter attached to her leg. Ginny snatched it from Harry’s hand as soon as he had it untied. She read the letter, only to find that the healer had scribbled a few sentences under Ginny’s own letter.


Mrs. Potter,

I’m afraid my schedule is extremely full. Unless you are having a serious problem, I am not able to give you an appointment. I do apologise. Remember that you are still on bed rest, and to take your potions, and I will be seeing you and your husband at your scheduled appointment next week. Again, my apologies.


-Healer A. Peeker


Harry read the letter over Ginny’s shoulder. She was silent.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



The Weasley women had become notorious for their parties, and each had their own specialty. Molly and Fleur did all the family and holiday gatherings, and Hermione hosted the “just-because” parties. Together, they had planned five weddings, and three baby showers.


When Ginny’s news came in a few weeks ago that there had been a misunderstanding with the Healer, and she was really having twins, the women came together to give Harry and Ginny their first baby shower blowout.


Now, one calm summer night after a big, family dinner, Molly, Hermione, and Fleur sat in the kitchen of the Burrow planning.


“They don’t know what they’re having yet do they?” asked Hermione.


“No. Ginny said she has an appointment with her healer next week,” answered Molly.

“Vell, maybe ve should just vait until after zair appointment?” Fleur suggested.


“Yes, that would be the logical thing to do,” Hermione said.


“What would be the logical thing to do?” asked a cheery voice.


“Ginny! Hi!”



“We thought we would come and see everyone,” Harry said as he sat down at the table.


“You’re just in time for dessert,” Molly said, bringing two large cakes, plates, and forks to the center of the table.


“Dessert time?” Fred smiled as he entered the room.


“Dessert,” said George, coming in behind his brother.


“Looks fantastic, Molly,” Arthur said.


“Cake!” squealed Bill and Fleur’s six-year old daughter, Nicole, as her father carried her in from the living room.

“Hello?” Ginny said her hands on her hips.


“Ginny! Harry! Fancy you two showing up,” Arthur said, hugging his daughter, and shaking hands with Harry.


“Sit, sit everyone,” Molly ordered, cutting large chunks of cake.


“Where’s Ron and Danielle?” asked Molly, referring to her youngest son, and he and Hermione’s eighteen month-old daughter.

“I’m afraid Danielle has a bit of the sniffles, and only wants Dada to give her medicine and put her to bed,” Hermione said. She had changed a lot over the years. Her hair had been cut to just above her shoulders, and was still slightly bushy. During the War, she lost quite a bit of weight, leaving her looking gaunt and sickly, but since having Danielle, she had gained it all back. Hermione and Ron had married just a few months after the War ended, having Danielle only a year later. Hermione had said it was time to settle down and raise a family; Ron was just happy to be with her.


The family sat quietly and ate their dessert. Fred and George had been too busy with their joke shop to bother with dating and marriage. The joke shop had taken off, and they had to expand a few months ago, and set a second shop up in Hogsmeade.



“How have you been feeling Ginny?” asked Hermione.


“Pretty okay, actually. The healer gave me a few potions and they have been helping with the sickness,”


“Sadly, there’s nothing they can do about the mood swings,” Harry grumbled.


Ginny glared at her husband, “I’ll let that one slide.”


There were a few chuckles around the table, but everyone continued on when Ginny looked around menacingly.


~*~*~




Later that night, the whole family, (save for Danielle who had finally fallen asleep, freeing Ron to join the rest of the adults) gathered around in the living room. Nicole was trying to learn chess from her Grandpa, and everyone else was carrying on idle conversation.


“Have you two decided on any names?” asked Bill.


“Yes, actually. We have Harry James, Jr, and Anna Leah,” Ginny answered.


“How darling,” Molly beamed.


“We have an appointment with Healer Peeker to see what the twins are in a few more days,” Ginny said, placing a hand to her slightly swollen stomach.


“Well, hang on tight, the ride is about to get bumpy,” Bill said.


“If you ever need to get away or anything, you just come to me, mate,” Ron said sympathetically to Harry. “I owe you one, anyway,” he added.


~*~*~




When Harry and Ginny had returned home that night, both were tired and went straight to bed.


Ginny was lying in bed, her husband sleeping next her, with her hands on her stomach. Sleep didn’t seem an option at the moment. Her stomach turned and bubbled.


“You two need to quit it in there,” she whispered, rubbing her stomach in small, gentle circles. She smiled at herself.


“You’re not even born yet, and I’m already trying to keep you from fighting,”



Thinking of all the childhood arguments she had had with her brothers lulled Ginny to sleep that night, a smile on her face.


She was a mummy.





A/N: Ahh! That's cute. Well, hope you liked! Thank you for all the wonderful reviews I am getting! I really appreciate every last one. And I have decided on what the babies will be, and their names. Which is what the next chapter is about.