Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey! Here is chapter eight! I am sorry for the wait! Thanks so much to my beta, Ron x Hermione! You are the best, Lindsey. Hope you enjoy! The babies are........
Harry Potter...Housewife?




Chapter Eight: “How Will I Survive This?”




“Harry, wake up.”


“No.”


“We’re late, come on!”


“No- late for what?” Harry said quickly, sitting up.


“For my appointment with Peeker!” Ginny said irritatedly.


“How did we get late? The appointment was at ten in the morning.”


“I was up late last night, and I slept through the alarm. Why am I explaining this to you? You slept through the alarm too!” Ginny screamed.


“Okay! Let’s go,” Harry said, jumping out of bed. He quickly changed pants and grabbed a clean shirt, his wand. and glasses. Ginny was already dressed.



~*~*~




When the couple entered the hospital, they breezed right past the front desk, hurrying to the lifts. Luckily, they made it to Peeker’s floor only an hour and a half late.


They were almost running to Peeker’s office when a voice called behind them.



“Mrs. Potter! You’re supposed to be on bed rest!”


Ginny whipped around, ready to give this person a good thrashing for slowing her up, when she came face to face with her Healer.


“We were late, and I didn’t want to lose my appointment,” Ginny said quickly.


“Well, I would rather you be late than have more trouble with your babies. Let us go to my office. Slowly,” she replied firmly, but with a soft humor in her voice.


“So, how is everything?” Healer Peeker asked once seated in her office.


“Everything is fine. I’m taking my potions every day, resting most of the day.”


“Yes, that concerns me some. You need to take the bed rest seriously. It is very important not to stress yourself too much,” Healer Peeker explained firmly. “I know it’s hard, but trust me, it’s very important.”


“Okay, I’ll try harder,” Ginny said quietly, her eyes avoiding contact.


“Mr. Potter… this means more work for you also.”


Harry gulped when the healer turned to him.


“Even though she may scream, say she hates you, or tells you never to touch her again, you must make sure she is resting at least 10 hours straight, with a few minutes of movement every hour.”



“Okay,” Harry said strongly.



“Now, another thing: Do you want to know what you’re having?”


“Yes,” Ginny replied, an excited look consuming her face.


“Okay, let’s get to it, then!” Healer Peeker stood and led them through to an examination room.


Ginny climbed up on the table, and laid back. Harry stood beside her, and held her hand. They smiled at each other, and Harry kissed Ginny’s cheek.


“Okay, same procedure as last time, but the images will be a little more developed,” the Healer explained. She lifted Ginny’s shirt, exposing her stomach. She pointed her wand at Ginny’s abdomen and murmured some words.


Ginny felt her stomach grow warm and tingly, and bit her lip with anticipation. The Healer moved her wand all over Ginny’s belly, and then pointed it at the wall. Just like the first time, things appeared very dark. The blobs inside the darkness indeed had become more developed.


As Harry and Ginny studied the blobs, Ginny became slightly teary-eyed. She reached for Harry’s hand.


“As you can see, these are your children. And it appears you are the proud parents of…” the healer paused and studied the images closely.


“Of what?” Harry and Ginny asked together, excitement overriding their voices.


“Two girls!” Healer Peeker finished dramatically.


Ginny gasped, and hugged her husband.


“Girls…” Harry allowed his voice to trail.


~*~*~*~



Harry and Ginny apparated from the hospital directly to the Burrow. They wanted to deliver the good news in person to the proud grandparents.


Harry knocked on the door and hugged his wife tight while they waited for it to open.


“Hello, Harry, Ginny. Come in and out of this heat!” Mrs. Weasley said brightly. It was the middle of June, and the weather was just beginning to become hot everyday.


“Gladly,” Ginny said, stepping inside.


The three gathered around the table, and Mrs. Weasley brought some iced tea and glasses. She then brought a large cake and plates.


“I baked this earlier today. I was going to visit after your appointment,” Mrs. Weasley explained.


“You are going to spoil your granddaughters rotten,” Ginny said, smiling widely at her mother.



“I probably- granddaughters?” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.


“Yes, granddaughters!” Ginny whispered her eyes filled with tears. She hugged her mother.


“Oh!” Mrs. Weasley squeaked and let go of Ginny. She ran into the living room. Both Harry and Ginny peeked around the corner to see where she had gone.


Mrs. Weasley was poking a sleeping Mr. Weasley, telling him to wake up. He was sleeping in a chair, his reading glasses slightly askew and a Daily Prophet across his lap.


Finally, he gave in to his wife’s notions, and stood up.


Once both Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Weasley had joined Harry and Ginny in the kitchen, Ginny told her father their exciting news.



“That’s fantastic!” he exclaimed. He hugged his daughter.


“We’d better be going now,” Ginny said. “Harry and I have a lot of decorating to do,”



Harry and Ginny stayed around to visit for the afternoon. They had a large meal followed by a rich slice of peach pie. They were all sitting around eh table making small talk when Ginny noticed Harry yawning.


“We’d better be getting home. Harry and I have a lot of decorating to do,” Ginny said pointedly.


They all said their goodbyes and Harry and Ginny made for home.


~*~*~*~



“Blue can too be girl color!” Harry bellowed. He and Ginny had come right home and began to jot down some ideas on a pad of paper. They decided to stick to the decision they made the other day: Harry does one side and Ginny the other.


They were currently arguing over the color.


“Harry, blue is more commonly associated with boys. Would you like our daughters to grow up with an identity crisis?” Ginny asked.


“They won’t have an identity crisis!” Harry growled back. He was becoming very frustrated.

A few moments’ silence followed, in which Healer Peeker’s words ran through Harry’s mind.


“You can’t decorate anyway,” he said very quietly.


“I can too!” Ginny retorted.


“No, Peeker said you had to rest all day,” Harry said firmly.


“You wouldn’t dare,” Ginny hissed.


“I would. If it means you living with your Mum for the next six months, then so be it!” Harry said as his voice rose slightly.


“Please stop yelling!” Ginny bellowed. She wilted into her recliner, and cried quietly.


“Oh, Ginny. I’m sorry,” Harry whispered. He went to his wife and pulled her out of the chair. He wrapped his arms around her and held her as she cried.


“I don’t want to be dependant on someone else to help me do things,” she whispered into Harry’s shoulder. “I’d feel like a burden,”


“You would never even consider letting that thought cross my mind. You are carrying our children; since I can’t do it for you, I want to make it easier for you,” Harry said.


“We’ve been through so much already, Ginny. Can you just trust me to do this on my own?”



“You’re right,” Ginny said, sighing.


“I mean, look how far you’ve brought me in the past couple of weeks,” Harry pointed out.


“Yes, that’s true,” Ginny smiled. “I will let you decorate the room. I trust you.”


“Thanks,” Harry said, hugging his wife tight.


“Is there anything to eat around here?” Ginny said, letting go of Harry and running to the kitchen.



Harry just sighed and followed his wife.



“How will I survive this?” he whispered.






A/N: So? How did you like the outcome? I haven't decided on the exact names yet, though. Here's the lowdown on the next chapter. At this point in time, Ginny is about 5 months pregnant. If I did a chapter fro every couple days/weeks, we would have a 50 chapter fic on our hands *not what I want*. So, the next chapter will be aquick overview of the next 4 months. The chapter after that will begin at Ginny's ninth month, with a nice cliffie....if you get my hint. *wink*

Thanks again to my awesome beta!