Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Wow! It's been a while, huh? Well, here is chapter nine, the overview! I hope everyone enjoys it and chapter ten is not a long way off! Thanks so so so so so so so much to my beta, Ron x Hermione! You're the best!









Harry Potter Housewife?










Chapter Nine: Overview (Months 5-8)




















Over the next few months, the Potters fell into a comfortable routine. Harry mastered most of the cleaning measures, and did a thorough cleaning of the house once a week. Ginny was growing bigger by the day, and spent most of her time on the living room sofa, per her Healer’s request.








Harry had also finished decorating the bedroom. He did most of the work the Muggle way. The walls had been painted a soft blue, and (with the help of a little magic) there was a beautiful mural painted on one wall. It depicted a countryside meadow, with sunshine and clouds. There were flowers, trees, and hills covered in thick, green grass. There was plenty of color, and it looked like you could walk right into the meadow for a picnic.








Harry was quite proud of his work. He furnished the room with two rocking chairs, two cribs and two dressers, and a changing table. There were a few lamps in the room, and a small but bright nightlight. Ginny and Mrs. Weasley had purchased the bedding and curtains (after clearing it with Healer Peeker, Ginny was allowed one day of shopping, but nothing too vigorous). The curtains were blue with little white clouds and smiley-faced suns. The bedding was special ordered to match the curtains, and they bought a set for each crib. Mr. Weasley had built two large toy chests.








It took about two weeks to complete fully. Ginny had cried for joy as she surveyed the completed room for the first time.








“This is really happening,” she whispered.











“Yeah, it is,” Harry whispered back.














~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~









Mrs. Weasley, Hermione, and Fleur had gathered again to make plans for Harry and Ginny’s baby shower.











“Molly, what have you come up with for food?” Hermione asked her mother-in-law.











“Well, obviously, I thought about doing healthy foods, but after speaking to Ginny, she told me, and these are her exact words, “All I want is lots of fatty foods with a side of thousands of calories,”.”











The women giggled.








“So, I asked Harry to talk to the Healer about what this sort of diet would do to Ginny and the babies. Healer Peeker said since we are having the shower in Ginny’s ninth month, and close to her due date, the more fat and calories Ginny can take in, the better.”











“Zis iz true. My Healer told me zee same thing ven I vas pregnant. It ‘elps zee production of milk,” Fleur explained.











They continued with planning well into the evening. The menu was fully decided, gifts were agreed on and decorations approved.








“This will be one party they’ll never forget,” Mrs. Weasley had said when they finished planning.








~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~









Ginny made her nightly walk down the long hallway to her bedroom. She brought a few things to her bed in preparation for a bath. She looked at her calendar she now kept on her dresser. She had just turned the calendar to a new month, August. She was officially seven months pregnant tomorrow.








Ginny grabbed her bath things, and walked into the bathroom. She turned the faucets on, and changed into her robe while she waited for the tub to fill. She combed her hair, braided it and pinned it up so it would not get wet. She had begun taking a warm bath every night for the past few weeks because her body was so tired and sore. She had explained to Harry that it was a time where she could close her eyes and relax.








Healer Peeker agreed this was a good thing to do, but strongly cautioned her to be careful, as it was easy to slip and fall.








Ginny removed her robe, and slowly stepped into the water. As soon as she had safely sat down, she wet a cloth and placed it on her neck. Closing her eyes, Ginny placed her hands on her enlarged stomach. She felt about a year pregnant. The babies were very active lately, especially when Ginny was trying to rest.








Ginny washed up and rinsed off. Using the bar on the side of the tub, she pulled herself up. She leaned out to grab her robe, rapidly felt the world go upside down, and soon, Ginny was looking at the ceiling.








“Harry!” she screamed.











He came running. “Ginny! What happened?” he screamed.








“I reached f-for my r-robe and slipped and fell. I’m sorry,” Ginny sobbed. “I’m scared, Harry. What’s going to happen?”








“Stay still and don’t move. It’s going to be fine, Ginny. I promise. I’m going to go get Peeker.” Harry said. He kissed her tear-streaked face, and grabbed a towel to cover her body.








“I love you,” she whispered.








“I love you, too. You’re going to be fine,” Harry said strongly. He was fighting tears himself.











Running from the bathroom, through his bedroom, down the hallway and out the back door seemed like miles to Harry. As soon as he reached the back yard, he Apparated straight to St. Mungo's.








Running to Peeker’s office, he found the Healer doing paper work.








“Mr. Potter? What’s the matter?” she asked, dread filling her face.








“Ginny slipped and fell while she was taking a bath. Please come help her. I didn’t move her from where she fell.”








“Oh, my- we must leave now,” Peeker grabbed a big bag from a shelf behind her chair.








~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~












Ginny spent two weeks in the hospital. She was not allowed to move from her bed for any reason at all.








The Healer explained the potion she had been taking had saved her and the babies’ lives.








“It’s made to strengthen the sacs in which the babies live.” Healer Peeker explained.








After a long two weeks, Ginny was sent home under strict bed rest. Not to move from her bed unless she had use the bathroom, not move from bed to eat, not move from bed for anything.








Six weeks after the entire incident, Ginny was so tired of the inside of her room. She was now about halfway through her eight month when a note came by owl.








Harry and Ginny,





How is everything? We want to have dinner with you two before things get too crazy with new babies and all. Please write back if you are interested.








Love and safe wishes,








Hermione, Ron, and Danielle









“Harry, can I go, please? I’m so sick of seeing the inside of this room,” Ginny pleaded.











“I can’t make this decision. It’s totally up to Healer Peeker, and you don’t have an appointment with her for another week,” Harry said. He did not want to have another situation on his hands.











“Fine. Write Hermione back and tell her,” Ginny sighed.











~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~












Dear Hermione, Ron and Danielle,








Unfortunately, Ginny and I can’t give you our decision now. We would have to clear that with the Healer after the most recent incident. We have an appointment with Healer Peeker in about a week, so we will notify you directly after. Thanks for the invite, though. Ginny says hello!








Love,








Harry, Ginny, and the girls












Hermione’s stomach dropped as this realization came to mind.








“I hadn’t thought of that,” she whispered.








“Hadn’t thought of what?” Ron asked, entering the kitchen where Hermione was fixing lunch.








“Well, we’re supposed to be throwing a shower for Harry and Ginny, but Ginny has been put on complete bed rest since she fell. I’ll need to go visit your mum and talk this over with her.”








“Hermione, relax. If worst comes to worst, we bring Ginny to the party in her bed. Or bring the party to her,” Ron assured his wife.








“You’re right. Wash up, it’s time for lunch,” she said, kissing Ron’s cheek.








“I think we should go visit them after lunch,” Hermione suggested.








“That’s sounds like a good idea,” Ron agreed.








“What good ‘dea?” Danielle asked, coming into the kitchen. Danielle definitely had her mother’s smarts, but was still trying to master talking.








“Going to visit Aunt Ginny and Uncle Harry after lunch,” Hermione told her daughter. She lifted Danielle into her chair and set a sandwich cut in small pieces in front of her.








“Dat good ‘dea,” Danielle smiled, biting into her sandwich.




















A/N: There! I hope you all enjoyed it! Thanks for reading and reviewing! I love all the reviews.





Coming up: Month 9--dun Dun DUN!!!!!!!





Mega thanks again to my beta, Lindsey!





EDIT: Sorry about the formatting guys. It happens alot. Should be fixed now!