Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Sacking that Silvery-Haired Man . . . by Ron x Hermione

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This was written for the Sprig Challenge in the School Assignments on the forums. Please enjoy!
NOTE TO MOD: This is a prologue to the story. I added the second chapter first, then realised that this chapter would go best before it. It got rejected for the word count, but prologues can be below 800 can't they? Thanks so much!



She hadn’t always been like this. So . . . odd . . . She shook her head and tried to form another descriptive word to suit her personality. It just seemed to so oxymoronic that she wear a fluffy pink cardigan be so evil.

It wasn’t that she had an automatic hate factor towards anyone who came near; it was just because she didn’t trust many people. Especially teenagers.

Even though she had been one herself, Dolores Umbridge didn’t have much love for children. They were spoiled, bratty, horrid beings that just needed to get on the fast track of growing up. They never knew what they wanted, but they thought they did, and they never appreciated anything anyone did for them. They had never been nice to her anyway.

She looked up as high as she could to stop the fresh wave of oncoming tears as she thought of her childhood. No matter what she had done, there had always been something wrong with her hair, her clothes, and her personality in general . . . her whole being to be liked and have friends that she loved and whom loved her back. No one liked, or loved, Dolores Umbridge. There had been but one time she had felt at home at Hogwarts. She had had a companion; only one, but he had been her sense of comfort in ever class and time she felt alone. She was never alone when she was with Albert; he always had known what to say to her. This time had been in her third year, but he had had to move away due to family issues. And all of a sudden, Dolores had been alone. She had never seen or heard from Albert ever again.

It wasn’t the fact that she didn’t like to make friends; she would lie in bed each night, devising a tactical plan on how she could talk to a certain girl, but every time she would try, someone would defy her, ending up with even more taunting and ridicule. She couldn’t do anything right.

From the curls in her hair to the class of her clothes, Miss Umbridge had no sense of style to others. She had never been the popular kid; she had always been that weird schoolgirl whispered to herself all the time. She had always fought with her mind; it was something that she had always done because she had never had anyone else to talk to but herself.

She had thought she was just different; she wanted to be her own person, and do her own thing. In return, she had had to endure the horrid taunts of the others in her year and above. She had even had a first year (when Dolores was a fifth year) make fun of her right in front of all of the girl’s little friends. Dolores had waited for someone; anyone to stand up for her, but no retaliation ever came. She’d had to endure some of the worst days of her life at Hogwarts.

Now, as she came back to reality: she had returned to the school. While she still had the curls and cardigan, blatant disregard for the students, and uncaring malice and personality toward others, she still decided that she would make this job as easy as it possibly could be.