Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Sacking that Silvery-Haired Man . . . by Ron x Hermione

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is the last chapter! Ha ha, the title is a pun, get it? *headdesk* Please enjoy and review!
Note to Mods: This is supposed to be an epilogue. :)



Now, as she once again walked the dank halls of Hogwarts, she felt a sense of . . . belonging. Albus Dumbledore had kissed her; he obviously had feelings for her, and that made her feel special. She liked being loved- even if it was by only one person at the school.

She knew that they would have to keep this a heavy secret; if anyone found out, she would lose her job, her love, and her life as she knew it. Dolores didn’t have any other friends. Well, there was Cornelius, but she thought that he just used to get back at Albus for all of the problems at the Ministry. Wouldn’t he be happy when he found out that she and he had a secret romance . . .

She would ask him as he got to his office if he was planning on overthrowing the Ministry.

~ * ~

It was nearly six o’clock. Dolores had been grading papers since four that afternoon, and had glanced at the clock virtually every minute. It was surreal how slowly the time passed when you wanted it to pass when you’re expecting something.

At five until six, Dolores stacked up her papers and tidied her desk, walking to her own quarters to put on something nicer than her usual professor’s attire.

She walked down the hallway, dreaming about her night with her date. Would he be the romantic type- where he would have a candle-lit dinner set up and give her a rose as she entered the room? Would he want to walk the grounds outside and give her his robes to keep her warm on the spring’s night? She smiled to herself as she walked to the stone gargoyle. As soon as she got to his office, she came to an abrupt halt. What was she doing? Everything she had worked for . . . Absolutely everything she had lived for up to this point would be jeopardised if she walked into that office. But . . . she loved that man inside it. If she were to leave now, then she was sure that this chance to be with him would never come again.

So go anyway. the voice inside her head sounded again. Who cares if they sack you at the Ministry? Dumbledore will protect you, and you’ll be able to keep your job.

Not you again, Dolores thought, rolling her eyes. She had the password revolving over and over in her head, yet no words would come forth from her mouth. She wanted to say the word so badly, but she literally loved her job. If it didn’t work out between her and Dumbledore, then she would have nothing. Someone would find out about their romance, and that someone would most likely tell the Minister, allowing her to lose her job, and then her love.

She loved her job--- she actually, truly loved her occupation because she truthfully had nothing else. No one liked Dolores Umbridge, causing her to always want to work hours upon hours extra and long nights. She didn’t want to go back to her flat, alone, just to sulk in her sadness and loneliness. That was her life. Go to work, stay extremely late at work, Apparate home, soak in a bath, go to bed, and repeat it all over again. Her solitude had brought on her bitterness. She sometimes would just start to laugh at her dismal life . . . but then she would feel sorry for herself and start sobbing.

Her mission: The reason she was at Hogwarts was to find out if the teachers were up to standard, and to spy on Dumbledore to see if he was to overthrow the Ministry. She hadn’t any idea in the least that she was to fall for the person she was supposed to be hating.

If she were to find out the answer to if he was to take over the Ministry, she would be able to climb the ladder at the Ministry even more than she already had, causing her to increase a few more hours a day, ultimately resulting in a twenty-four hour work day. Then she’d be really happy.

Now, as she once again go up the nerve to say the password to Dumbledore’s office, she checked her pocket watch. It flashed 6:07 across the fuzzy, pink screen.

She opened her mouth to utter the password, but no sound emerged from her lips. A small noise came forth, but nothing that amounted to letting her in.

Just do it, the voice said again. Just knock, and get it over with. You deserve some fun.

No, I don’t. she told it, secretly wishing it would go away. I don’t deserve anything.

You deserve some fun.

The voice was so true . . . so virtuous . . . she knew it was right, if for only this time. The battle within her mind was over.

She opened her mouth for the last time.