Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ron Potter and the Next Generation by PEMDAS

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is a prologue, so this chapter will be shorter than the other chapters. Otherwise, enjoy the story!



It was a beautiful summer, and another bright, sunny morning in August dawned upon the Burrow. Molly Weasley, who was now nearing her seventies, was very excited about this particular day: today, her children and their spouses were coming to visit, with their kids.





Molly and Arthur were now proud grandparents of fourteen: six boys and eight girls. Molly, grinning in spite of herself, walked into the kitchen, in search of a family photo. Ah…there it is, she thought, spotting it atop a cupboard. She summoned it to her with her wand, sitting at the table with a cup of coffee to look over it again.





It was a portrait of the summer eleven years ago: her seven children and their spouses, all casually sitting around a table in the backyard of the Burrow. They were all laughing and joking around (the latter not heard from the real world past the portrait), and it was obvious that they were all having a good time. Molly’s eyes were suddenly drawn to Harry and her Ginny, kissing each other before returning to the conversation.





It still amazed her that her two youngest children were the first to give birth. Ginny and Hermione became pregnant within the same time area, and they both had to go to the hospital with their anxious husbands, Ron and Harry, at the same time. Almost impossibly, the cousins were born in the same room at the exact same minute: twin cousins, as Molly always called them. They were born on July 14, and they were named Harry and Ron: Harry after his uncle, Ron after his.





The rest of the babies came out in a jumble: different children being born to different children. It soon became so complicated that Molly had to make a chart to remind herself who was who:





Bill & Fleur


Chloe


Bailey


Madeline






Charlie & Danielle


Grant





Percy & Penelope


Gertrude


Francis






Fred & Cecilia


Arthur


Derek






George & Haley


Gina





Ron & Hermione


Harry


Leslie


Candace






Ginny & Harry


Ron


Veronica






Ron “ 11


Harry “ 11


Chloe “ 10


Grant “ 10


Bailey “ 9


Leslie “ 9


Veronica “ 9


Gertrude “ 9


Madeline “ 8


Candace “ 8


Francis “ 6


Arthur “ 4


Gina “ 2


Derek “ 6 months








Molly was so wrapped up in the gladness of it all, she didn’t notice Arthur walk in until he sat down beside her. “Can’t wait for them to arrive?” he asked. She nodded, smiling.





“Good,” came Arthur’s reply. “Because they’re here.”





Molly looked at him before dashing out back…there they were, all twenty-eight of them, waiting for her in the yard. “Surprise!” the adults all said, followed by a few individual shouts from the kids.





“Oh!” Molly exclaimed happily. “I wasn’t expecting you until noon-”





“We couldn’t wait to come,” Ginny said. “Veronica wouldn’t sit still waiting for twelve ’o clock to come, so we came early.”





The other six couples murmured their own versions of why they were early.





“Well, no matter,” Molly said, brandishing her wand. She created a long, sixteen-seat table for the adults, and a round fourteen-seat table for the kids. As they all chatted animatedly of what was happening, several of the grandkids came up to give Molly a hug. Ron and Harry, the “Inseparable Duo,” came up together. “Grandma, guess what?” Ron said. “We’re going to Hogwarts next month!”





“Oh!” Molly said in surprise. It was still strange to think of Ginny, having a child only two weeks after graduating from Hogwarts…she had upheld a lot of teasing, being pregnant her whole seventh-year. Molly still kicked herself for agreeing for Harry to visit her at the beginning of the year…she shuddered. At least Hermione was out of school when it happened…





“We can’t wait,” Harry put in. “We’ve gotta give ol’ Snape a piece of our mind for Uncle Harry!”





Molly couldn’t help but grin. Snape, who had returned to his job as Potions Master a year after Voldemort was defeated and he was cleared of all charges, was still as resentful and surly as ever. “Just try not to get into too much trouble,” she had to say.





Ron snickered. “Sorry, Grandma,” he said, “but we have too much of Uncle Fred and George’s blood in us to take THAT seriously.”





Everyone laughed at this. Fred and George later muttered a charm under their breaths to put whoopee cushions on the twin cousins’ chairs.





The reunion lasted all day. While the cousins all watched Ron and Harry have at it on the Quidditch pitch (Ron had inherited his dad’s Seeker abilities; Harry his dad’s Keeper skills), Molly prepared a big dinner. As all good witches knew, a meal cooked by hand rather than by wand was far better, and everyone was soon filling their bellies with delicious steak and gulping down the ice-cold pumpkin juice. Soon, it was time to leave.





“Good bye, everyone!” Molly called as everyone got into their own family circles to Apparate together. “Travel safely!” That statement was a joke; nothing was safer than an Apparition when done right. “And Ron; Harry…let me know how Hogwarts goes!”





“Will do!” came two voices as the twenty-eight people disappeared with a loud CRACK.