Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Searching by Nadia Malfoy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey! This is my first fan fic. I love all reveiws-- good and bad!


It was one of those white, snapping cold mornings that sometimes occur in January. In a small, cottage-ish house, outside of a small village ninety-nine percent of the worlds population does not know the name of, two people were waking up to the smell of pancakes cooked by a woman with long, bushy brown hair. She was, of course, using magic to cook the pancakes -- otherwise those same two people would have woken up to the small of the house burning down. The two people still in their beds were aged three and twenty-three, had the same fiery red hair, and thousands upon thousands of freckled. The only difference between them was that one was a man and one was a young girl.

The woman came into the her and the man’s bedroom, to persuade him to get out of bed.

“Ron! Pancakes! And the Ministry has already sent you two owls!”

After promising to get up within fifteen minuets, he was left alone. She next came to get the toddler up, much to the girl’s protests and kicking.

They were on their second helpings of pancakes when there was a tap at the window. For the third time in the past hour, an owl was perched on the sill, patiently trying to get the family’s attention. The woman jumped up from her chair to let the bird in. The woman detached the scroll from the owl's leg, while absentmindedly feeding it some pancake. Seeing the parchment was addressed to Mr. Ronald Weasely (which really wasn’t all that surprising), she handed it to the man. He opened it, scanned the contents quickly and set it down. He then turned to the woman.

“Hermione, the Ministry needs me to leave for a week or two. It’s urgent. They’ve heard that some Death Eaters have a hideout in Peru, and have already devastated the nearest towns. I’m going there with Smith and Hawkins, remember those two aurors that trained with Harry?”

The women bit her lip.

“Yes, I remember.”

Though this kind of thing happened rather often, she didn’t like any more then she used to. Ever since Ron had gotten into the Magical Law Enforcement Squad, he was almost never at home for more then three days straight. She never said any of this out loud, though.

“Do send an owl if you need anything.”

“Don’t worry, I will.”

After much packing, unpacking, and re-packing, the man was finally ready.

As he stepped out the door, no one knew it would be the last time anyone saw him for ten years.
------------------------------------------------------
Molly Weasley was frantic. She had not heard from her youngest son and his wife for nearly four years, despite her best efforts. She felt as if she had searched the whole planet three times over since they had gone on their honeymoon four years ago. And never come back.


It was if they had fallen off the face of the earth.