Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe In Loving You by Mhulan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay, so I did change and made the chapter longer. I hope that you guys are pleased about that news because I do agree with you: This chapter is too short.

So, I bet you're wondering: What's with the change of the title? Well, put it this way. It's better off with a new title. I mean, after looking at my chapter for a very long time, I had to create... (rolling my eyes and tapping against the desk) something that doesn't seem too short and maybe add something interesting. Well, it wasn't easy, but it was worth the effort.

So, for those of you who are trying to write a story, I can only give you this advice (And that includes you, Maxie! Oh, if your wondering who Maxie is, she's my cousin.): Listen to your radio, CD players, on the computer, or any way to listen to some tunes. It really helps you think of what you wanted to write. And another advice: You can also read a couple of other author's stories in here to get you a good idea. I mean, seriously. It works everytime I'm stump and believe me, there are great writers in here.

So, the moment you all been waiting for.

Let's get into the story!

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
Chapter 2: A Relationship Drama

“Harry, please don’t go!” cried Ginny, wrapping her arms around Harry’s neck.“Harry, please don’t go!” cried Ginny, wrapping her arms around Harry’s neck.

"But Ginny..."

But whatever Harry was going to say, Ginny didn't know or care. Harry, who was shocked that Ginny embraced him, turns red and felt the heat creep up his body. He didn't dare finish his sentence because Harry knows Ginny's going to feel hurt.

"Ginny."

She looked into Harry's face. Harry slowly took Ginny's hands in his, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"I'm sorry I ran from you like that. I... It's just that... I can't..."

"Say goodbye to me?"

Harry nodded silently.

"Oh, Harry..."

Then, when Ginny didn't expect it, Harry was embracing her. Ginny was more sad than surprised. So, she pats him on the back and made soothing sounds because Ginny knows how hard it is for Harry to leave her. Ginny smiled as Harry regained himself and kissed her on the cheek.

"Thanks, Ginny."

"Ahem!"

Harry and Ginny gave a start when they notice that Ron and Hermione are also outside. Hermione made a small smile. But Ron, on the other hand, was pale and angry, his eyes shooting daggers right at the couple.

They had forgotten that the two of them are also there. Releasing each other, Harry blushed a shade of crimson red while Ginny was rubbing her left arm, wishing that they didn't see that moment. As Ginny look down at the ground, she never notice how pretty the grass look when it's been watered.

"This is your fault," Harry muttered to Ginny.

"What? My fault?" she mouthed. "What did I do?"

"You hugged me."

Ginny scoffed. "Well, excuse me, Mr. Harry "big tough guy" Potter."

Harry snorted at this. "Well, do you realize that your brother is now pissed out at us?"

"Yeah, like I care what Ron's going to say." Ginny suddenly lowered her voice to imitate her brother. "Ginny, you shouldn't have done this. Ginny, you shouldn't have done that. Ginny, stop..."

"Ginny?"

"What? I was just teasing my brother. What's wrong with...?"

Harry shook his head. "No, Ginny... I mean, look."

Looking up what Harry was pointing at; Ginny giggled when Hermione made a sour face at Ron and nudged him.

"Ron, what was that about?"

“What?”

Harry's lips curled up into a grin. It was one of those "When his best friends argue like an old marrying couple" episodes. But he never butts in or told them his opinion. Throughout the years ever since they first met on the Hogwarts Express, Harry was amused with their quarreling and bickering. At first, he tired many times to make them stop fighting. But then, Harry realizes that when they act like this, it's their way of saying that they love each other.

But to Ginny, her opinion about her brother and Hermione is that it reminds her of two things:

1) Her parents and

2) a soap opera on the Wizarding Wireless Network her mother listen to every Sunday.

Ginny groaned and slapped a hand to her forehead, shaking her head. "Oh, brother… Just what we need: another soap opera starring none other than Ronald Bilius Weasley and Hermione Jane Granger. Harry, how long do you think their argument lasts?"

Harry sighed. "Well, that depends. Their argument could last up to a week or two. That or they might reach to the limit of not talking to each other for a while."

Getting tired of standing, Harry reached for his trusty holly and phoenix feather wand. He gave a deep sigh as he conjured two black leather couches and a wooden polished table in between them. Then, with another flick of his wand, the table was occupied with all sorts of sweets you can imagine: licorice wands and sugar quills from small to extra large, chocolate frogs, fizzing whisbees, pumpkin pasties, a bowl of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, and many packets of jelly slugs. There were so many kinds of sweets, Ginny couldn't name more than that.

"But wait. Where's the..."

Harry chuckled as he watched that Ginny's eyes grew wide as marbles. With another swish of his wand, a pitcher of pumpkin juice and butterbeer appeared with another table, this time a rectangular one, in front of the couches.

Offering his hand to Ginny, Harry asked, "Would you like to sit on a chair than stand here? I have refreshments. Care for some?"

Ginny grinned. It's like he can read my mind.

She took his hand.

"Sure. I rather be by your side with you any day. That and it’s only because I hadn't ate since this afternoon."

Harry laughed. It was the first time in days that Ginny saw Harry in a good mood and she couldn't help but laugh too. Propping into one of the leather couches, she grabbed a chocolate frog as she watched the scene unfold.

"And now, let the show begin!" announced Harry as he helped himself to a licorice wand and sat in the other chair.

Ginny giggled as she imagined a stage and the spotlight on them. In fact, what really made her bite her knuckles is when Harry did conjure a stage and spotlighted them. But Ron and Hermione hardly know what they're laughing about. They pretended that Harry and Ginny wasn't there at all. It was only just them, Ron and Hermione.

Meanwhile, Hermione crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the ground, rolling her eyes at him. Whenever Hermione does that, she acted like Mrs. Weasley.

“They were having a moment and you just decided to interrupt?”

“But Hermione…” Ron whined.

"Drama much," Ginny whispered for only Harry to hear.

Harry nodded. "Well, that's how they are."

Hermione sighed, putting her hand up to silence him. “Ron, did you know I’m getting tired of you whining about your sister being with Harry?”

Ginny imitated Hermione putting her hand. "I bet that means "Talk to the hand!"

Harry choked in his cup of butterbeer as he watched Ginny got up, pretending to be Hermione like scribbling notes and scolding at Ron.

"Shh... You're interrupting the play," hissed Harry.

Ginny made an innocent puppy dog eyes as she sat back down to her seat. Her tone changed into a five year old.

"I'm sorry. I promise I won't ever do it again."

They grew silent as they turned back to watch Ron and Hermione's row...

“But Hermione, you don’t understand what it’s like to be the older sibling! Ginny’s my sister and I can’t stand it when my sister is dating someone!”

Hermione groaned.

"Ooo... Now you’re going to get it," muttered Ginny. "Here comes the blow..."

"What are you...?"

But Harry's question was answered as Hermione started shouting.

“Oh, just grow up, Ronald Weasley! You know Ginny is not a little girl anymore!"

"Yeah, but…”

But at that point, Hermione shrieked like a bird. No, a banshee!

"Aren't you happy for Ginny that she loves Harry?"

"Well, yeah. But..."

"Answer me, god damn it!"

"Okay, okay! Yes, okay? Happy?" responded Ron as he shield from Hermione's wrath.

“Then, what’s your problem with having your sister hugging Harry?” said Hermione in a deadly whisper.

“But… Hermione…”

Hermione groaned impatiently. "What am I going to do with you, Ronald?"

"Please, Hermione..."

“Just shut your pothole up, Ron! I mean, honestly! I’m tired of you acting like a four year old child!”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?”

"Harry, I think it's our cue to break up this drama," muttered Ginny.

Harry nodded. "Good idea."

Harry got up and took his wand out to disappear everything that he conjured before, including the stage and spotlights. Then, he whistled to them.

"Okay, that's enough out of you lovebirds."

Ron turned to face Harry, shocked. "What?"

Hermione blushed. "Excuse me?"

"Lovebirds?" they said in unison.

"Who are you calling lovebirds?" croaked Ron.

Harry and Ginny look at each other before responding together in unison, "Well, you guys are."

"What?" Ron and Hermione said together.

Hermione laughed. "That's ridiculous, Harry!"

"Oh, yeah? Prove it," Ginny piped up.

"Well..." She raised her finger, and then sat it back down again. Sighing, Hermione said, "Come on, Ron. Let's give Harry and Ginny some alone time."

"What? You're giving them some alone time?"

"Yes, now let's go."

"Oh, no. You and Ginny..."

"Ron!"

"But Hermione..."

“Oh, no… Not again! Don’t you “but Hermione” me!” Hermione scolded. “We’re going to give them privacy while I’ll have a chat with you, Ronald Weasley, whether you like it or not!”

When Hermione spoke these words, Ron eyed her with raised eyebrows. Then, to Harry’s and Ginny’s surprise, he softened his tone to calmness. “All right, Hermione, have it your way. I’ll let them have their alone time.”

“You darn right they should… Wait… What did you say?” asked Hermione.

“I said have it your way, Hermione. I’ll let them have their privacy,” Ron repeated slowly.

Speechless, Hermione stared at Ron as if he just surprised her with a birthday gift. “Well then, good. L… Let’s go.”

“Hold on. I just need to talk to Harry,” muttered Ron.

Hermione nodded silently in agreement and waited by a nearby beech tree. Ron walked towards Harry and places a hand on his shoulder. It wasn’t the kind of firm grip, but more of a soft gentle grip on Harry’s shoulder.

“Harry, just don’t hurt my sister again, alright? I just can’t stand it when Ginny… Well, you know…” said Ron, looking at Ginny sadly.

“Ron,” replied Harry. “You know I never wanted to hurt your sister in the first place. I just wanted to do that because… well…You know, with the Wizarding World and all…”

A dawning comprehension struck on Ron’s face. “Oh, so that’s why… well… Good luck, mate. You’re gonna need it,” Ron grinned, clapping Harry’s shoulder.

“Thanks, Ron,” whispered Harry.

“Hey. No problem, Harry. I… I better go now.”

Harry nodded and watched as Ron and Hermione walking hand in hand while their other hands were holding their wands aloft.

“Harry.”

Harry spun around to face Ginny. “Yes?”

Ginny approached Harry, her brown chocolate eyes reflecting the full moon. “Can we talk?”

Harry smiled warmly. “Sure, we can. We have all the time we need.”

“Well, there was something I wanted to say before you go, but you ran off. Why did you?”

Harry sighed deeply, staring down at his shoes. “It’s complicated. You wouldn’t understand.”

I still believe in loving you

Ginny places a hand on Harry’s cheek, making him look up into her face. “Try me.”

“Ginny, I don’t know if I could…”

Inspite of all the hurt that I’m going through

“Please… I need to know what’s bothering you.”

“Ginny…”

Even if again and again you would break my heart

“Please?” she whispered pleadingly.

Harry noticed that Ginny was getting to the point of crying.

Wow, she really is the perfect girl… Harry thought admirably. No, she wasn’t a little girl or just Ron’s little sister… Ginny blossomed into a beautiful young woman!

One thing would never change

Harry kissed her on the cheek, wiping tears from her eyes with his thumbs. “Okay, I’ll try you.”

Ginny grinned up at him. “Now, where were we exactly?” she teased, her fingers creeping playfully on Harry’s jacket. “Oh, now I remembered…”

“Wait a minute, what exactly…”

But before he spoke any further, Ginny grabbed him by the collar, bringing his lips to hers. Harry and Ginny closed their eyes, giving every passion they have left in their hearts.

I still believe in loving you
Chapter Endnotes: Man, just writing about Harry conjuring those sweets and drinks makes me thirsty. (Then, out of nowhere, a cup of chocolate milk appears.)

Hey, where did you come from? Oh, well. It doesn't matter. Yes, I know there is a little bit Ron/Hermione moment there, but that's the way I created this story.

So, could you please tell me what you think about my story so far? It would be much appreciated if you did because it really gives me confidence to keep writing. Thanks! =)