Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe In Loving You by Mhulan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay, if this is not good enough, I don't know what is because I'm running out of ideas in this chapter. So, I hope this is worth the wait.

You see, I've been working on this for a long time like correcting it and adding a little more to it, right? But just as I was working on this chapter, the computer froze in front of me twice in one day! Can you believe that? I was really angry when I had to start over and rewrite the whole thing over again! And that was really frustrating! But now that I finally finish writing this chapter, I'm very pleased and relieved.

Alright, just like before, I made this chapter part humorous and a little romance moment. I don't own any of the characters or the entire Wizarding World. J.K. Rowling creates all this. Without her, I wouldn't be here writing this story.

So, sit back, relax, and let's continue with this story.

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
Chapter 3: A Fight on the Train

If you would tell me that you'll be all right

“Ginny? Hey, Ginny! Hey, you in there? Hey, earth to Ginny!”

“Huh?”

She turned her attention away from the window to face Colin Creevey, a fellow Gryffindor that’s been her best friend since second year. But Colin isn’t the only person in the compartment. Neville Longbottom, another Gryffindor student who was in his seventh year, stopped examining his Minimbulus Mimbletonia and looked up when Colin questioned Ginny. While Luna Lovegood, a strange yet intelligent sixth year Ravenclaw student, was flipping through pages of the newest edition, the Quibbler, but listening in the conversation all the same. Ginny felt uncomfortable whenever her friends are looking at her like she done something wrong.

“Oh, did I miss something?”

“I asked if you’re alright,” questioned Colin.

I’ll never let you see me blue

Ginny grinned at him. “Oh, I’m sorry. Did you say something?”

“Ginny! How could you not…”

She giggled at Colin’s outburst. “Just kidding!”

“Ginny!”

“Hey, I’m just messing with you!” she laughed.

Neville joined in the laughter. Colin, who realized that Ginny was toying him, tried to make a straight face at Ginny, but failed and laughed too. Luna ignored it and continued looking at the Quibbler and every once in awhile hold it in different angles. The laughter didn’t last forever throughout the travel in the Hogwarts Express and by the time Ginny controls herself, she stared at the window once more, giving a long sigh. Colin was aware of his best friend’s mood swings.

“Okay seriously, Ginny,” wondered Colin. “What’s wrong?”

“Really, Colin! It’s nothing!” Ginny said firmly to him without looking away.

Colin frowned at her. “Are you sure?”

Ginny nodded. “I’m sure.”

“Okay…”

With nothing left to say, Colin stopped interrogating her and decided to walk over to Luna, interested in what she was looking at in the Quibbler.

But Ginny knows that she only said that just to push Colin away from the truth.

Colin, you wouldn’t understand even if you are my best friend.

As the train moves on, Ginny watched as the train was passing trees and mountains, listening to the clanking against the rails…

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Good morning, Mum!” called Ginny. “Mum?”

Only the silence greeted her.

Ginny frowned. Where is she?

“Mum?”

She headed into the kitchen, hoping that her mother is cooking breakfast.

“Mum? Are you in here?”

No answer.

“Huh, that’s funny. Mum always cooks breakfast the moment I wake up.”

But what if she left a note?

So, Ginny searched throughout the kitchen for that small piece of paper. After several minutes scurrying around, Ginny didn’t find any note in the kitchen.

“Well, that’s strange. Whenever Mum goes out somewhere, she always leaves a note so we won’t worry about her.” Maybe she’s still asleep.

But just as Ginny was about to head upstairs, she heard wailing.

“Where’s that coming from?” whispered Ginny.

Following the sound, Ginny could sense that each step leads her closer to it. When she turns a corner, she found the source of the noise: Mrs. Weasley. She had her back on Ginny, wailing and sobbing in her handkerchief.

“Mum? Is everything all right?”

Her mother shook her head.

As Ginny walked cautiously to her, she asked, “What’s wrong?”

Her mother didn’t answer, but she only pointed at something on the table. Ginny came closer to see what she was pointing at: a letter. But it was not just any letter, it was Harry’s. Ginny could tell it was his letter because of his untidy fast paced handwriting. She lifted the letter up to her face and approached to the window to see well. As she read the letter, her eyes watered and each tear was falling onto the paper. The reason Ginny was crying wasn’t because she was sad, but it was how much she was happy to read something from Harry.

Dear Mrs. Weasley,

Thanks for taking me here over the summer. I’m sorry I have to leave, but it’s for the best. I tried to tell Ron and Hermione that I was going to do the journey alone, but unfortunately they insisted on coming along with me. So, what can I do? They’re my best friends and you know how stubborn they are.

Oh, if you’re gonna write to us; don’t tell them that I said that. I’m going to be the one reading letters from you or your family so eventually they’ll know. They would probably kill me or they could throw me in the lake and make me freeze there for a long time. (By the way, Ron suggested this. Oh, and he told me that he's gonna push me off the cliff if I hurt Ginny’s feelings again in a letter.) Well, at least I don’t have to worry about him wanting to hunt me and kill me. That would make his life easier and the world would be doom. But like that’s ever gonna happen! Trust me!

Anyways, enough of this funny business!

Let me get serious to the point. The reason I…I mean we left is because for your family’s safety. I pointed it out to Ron that if we stayed here instead of saving the Wizarding World, your family would be in danger. I just can’t let that happen! Your family is the only ones that are close to me that treat me like I’m home. And I’m grateful that you accepted me as your son. In fact, your family is better than the Dursley’s. I mean seriously, they treat me like I’m some sort of slave or a robot.

Great, I’m ranting again! Look, all I’m saying is that you have to understand that it’s my destiny. Everyone in the Wizarding World is counting on me to defeat him. And I can’t let him hurt more innocent people and watch them all die one by one. So, please understand that what I’m doing is right and that you have to trust me on my decisions. I’m not just doing it for your family; I’m doing it to bring peace to the entire world. I hope you know that I had to do this even if too young to…Well, die. But don’t think I’ll die!

I’ll be alright! Great, I’m running out of ink and my hand’s cramping! Well, I better end this letter before all the ink disappears. Oh, and Ginny, if you’re reading this, I want you to know that you mean everything to me. That’s why I didn’t want you to come along. I don’t want him to capture you again like before. So, I hope you understand that I made that choice because I wanted to keep you from harm. Please know that I love you so much.

Love,

Harry


__________________________________________________________________________________

But I'll keep our love alive

Oh, Harry. Please be careful, wherever you are.

“Something on your mind, Ginny?” asked Luna, peering above her newest edition of the Quibbler. “Any brain freeze fairies inside?”

Ginny turn her direction on Luna, confused. “Come again?”

“You know, brain freeze fairies. I thought everyone knows about them!”

“I never heard of them,” replied Neville, a little nervous. “Can they bite you?”

“No, much worse,” exclaimed Luna, her mystic like blue eyes widened. “They enter inside your ears when you least expected it. Then, while your mind wanders off, the freeze brain fairies will use their powers to mess up your brain and use you as a puppet.”

“Then, what?” asked Colin interestingly.

“Colin, don’t encourage her,” muttered Ginny. “You’re scaring Neville!”

“And why not?” asked Colin to Ginny. “I really want to know about these freeze brain fairies! They sound very amusing!” He turned back to face Luna. “Go on, Luna, please. Tell us what else they do,” he added excitedly.

“Well, when you sneeze, cough, or breathe into people, they’ll spread some frost dust onto the next victim and pretty soon dominate the world,” explained Luna darkly.

“Ahh! I don’t want freeze brain fairies inside my head!” cried Neville, clutching his toad, Trevor, tightly.

“Then, I suggest you should bring this,” advised Luna. She laid her magazine down to search into her bag and pulled out a jar of strange creatures that looks like fuzzy aqua cotton balls with long ears.

Colin poked at the jar nervously. He jumped with fright, shocked that the creatures are breathing inside it. “What are they?”

“They’re magic dust bunnies. They capture freeze brain fairies and eat them. My father found some while we’re in the mountains,” said Luna cheerily. “Here, take some.”

Just when Neville was about to protest, the compartment door slide open to reveal Romilda Vane. Ginny’s head snapped at her direction, feeling hate and loathing surging through her body. Romilda and Ginny hated each other ever since last year.

“Well, well… if it isn’t Ginny Weasley and her pathetic friends. Say, where’s Harry and his companions? Aren’t they attending Hogwarts this year?”

“None of your business, Romilda! Now, move along!” spat Ginny.

“Oh, yeah?” sneered Romilda. “So, what you think going to do about it if I don’t?”

Ginny got out of her seat, holding her wand threateningly at Romilda’s face.

“Ooo, I’m shaking and quivering with fear,” said Romilda sarcastically, holding out her arms above her head. “Go ahead, Weasley… I dare you to jinx me… If you have the guts, that is.”

“Ginny, I don’t think it’s a good…”

“Stay out of this, Colin! This is between me and her,” she snarled.

When she mentioned the word her, Ginny spat the word venomously like it was a swear word. The two girls circled around the compartment like wolverines, anger firing inside their hearts. Neville and Colin stared helplessly as Ginny and Romilda were clutching their wands tightly, ready to strike at one another. Then, out of nowhere, a few more students filed in to see what the fuss is about.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

“Ginny and Romilda are having a fight.”

“Oh, this I got to see!”

“Don’t worry, Ginny! We’re all supporting you!” cried Colin.

“I bet Ginny Weasley’s going to pound her!”

“Don’t listen to them, Romilda! Show her what you got!”

“I bet ten sickles on Romilda!” one Ravenclaw girl cried out.

“Fifty sickles on Romilda!” claimed a Gryffindor boy.

“I bet a hundred galleons on Romilda!”

Ginny rolled her eyes. Hmph! Well, so much for support! Thanks a lot, guys! You’re a big help! Not!

“Okay, maybe just a few of us,” Colin corrected. “But don’t let them lose your confidence. Neville, Luna, and I are still on your side!”

“Ooo… What’s this? Is little Ginny’s friends cheering for her while the rest are cheering for me? Ah, that’s so sweet,” said Romilda in a mock baby voice. "Maybe they have less confidence on you, thinking you're nothing but some second rate and a wannabe!"

Ginny gritted her teeth. “Shut up, Romilda. Go back to your compartment now or this can get ugly.”

Ignoring the warning, she asked, “So, where’s Harry? Aren’t you two together?”

“It’s none of your business, Romilda! Now leave or else…”

Romilda pointed her wand at her throat. She had that fire dancing in her eyes. “Make me.”

“Okay, it’s go time!”

“Bring it on, Weasley!”

Ginny plunged at Romilda. There were flashes of lights and then…

Everyone gasped. Then, everyone started bursting out in laughter.

Colin decided that it’s time to act. “Ginny! Hey, move aside! Get out of my way!”

He walked over to her, crouched down onto the floor. “Ginny! Are you all right?”

Ginny wiped the blood from her lips. She had bruises and cuts, but other than that, she was still in one piece.

“I’m fine, Colin.”

“Are you sure?”

“Colin, I just said I’m fine!”

“Okay, but I was just checking! Are you sure though? I can get you something! Okay, then how many fingers I'm holding up?”

“Colin, you can stop now!”

“Okay, okay! It’s just for a second ago; I thought I was going to rip my hair if something bad happens to you!”

Ginny rolled her eyes at him. “Ha, ha… That’s very funny, Colin.”

“Do you want some help getting up?”

“Yes, that would be nice.”

Colin grinned as he stretched his hand for her. Grabbing it, Ginny brought herself back up, brushing the dirt away from her skirt as she stared down at Romilda, satisfied.

“Ha! It serves you right for not listening to me!” Ginny cried out in triumphant.

One of Romilda’s friends got up to Romilda and helped her up. Romilda glared her sharp green eyes at Ginny angrily. She grabbed her hood and pulled it over her face, stowing her wand away in her robes.

“I hate you,” she muttered.

“Well, I feel the same way,” said Ginny coolly. “Now get out of here.”

“All right! Show’s over folks! Let’s go!” barked Colin. “There’s nothing else to see here! Move along!”

Everyone filed out of the compartment immediately, whispering to their friends about the fight.

“Oh, my god, did you see that?”

“Can you believe it?”

“Ginny Weasley had beaten Romilda Vane. Who would have thought that could happen?”

“I didn’t see that coming!”

Finally, when everyone else left the compartment, only Ginny, Neville, Colin, Luna, Romilda, and her friends remain. “Let’s go, Romilda,” muttered one of her friends.

“Wait! Let me talk to her first!”

Ginny raised her eyebrows as Romilda approached her. They were the same height, face to face. She pointed a finger at her.

“Listen, Weasley,” said Romilda in deadly whisper. “This is not over! I’ll get you yet! You’ll pay for this!”

And without another word, Romilda turn on her heel and stomped out of the compartment with her friends behind her. Just as Ginny was about to shut the compartment door closed, Ginny smirked when she noticed the white long tail swishing back and forth in Romilda’s wake.

“No, this isn’t over,” Ginny muttered. “This fight is just the beginning of a rivalry.”

Luna looked up from her Quibbler and asked, “So did I miss something?”

Neville and Colin stared at her in amazement.

“You mean you don’t know what happen?” asked Neville, astonished.

Luna shook her head. “No, but we’re almost there to Hogwarts. Look, I can see the castle from here.”
Chapter Endnotes: Hey, isn't this like when Harry and Draco are against each other? Well, you do remember that in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when Romilda was furious when she saw Harry and Ginny kissed in the Gryffindor Common room? So, I thought it could be interresting if Ginny has a rivalry. But I can't tell you the full details of what happened in their fight or I would have changed the ratings. Believe me, you wouldn't want to know what occured in their struggle.

Oh, and another thing. If you're wondering how I end up thinking about some humorous stuff, let's just say I watched some sort of anime Abridged series on YouTube that made me laugh. I just couldn't help but put them in. The only difference is that it's in Harry Potter version. But most of them came from what I read and what I watch on television. =)

So, what do you think? Please write a review for me. Thanks!