Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ron's Terrible Sceret by crabbersdaughter

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
(Hermione's P.O.V)

He only got worse. During the day Ron spent most of his time in his bedroom. At night Ginny and I heard him walk by the bedroom and down the stairs.

One morning I got up early and went downstairs. Ron was sitting on the couch staring out the window. Fully dressed in baggy jeans and oversized t-shirt, regular summer garb for him.

"How come you come downstairs so early?" I asked, sitting next to him, trying to dig out more notes.

"Dunno," he said.

I studied him for a moment. His expression calm, eyes serious, almost daring, obstructed by fiery red locks that bugged me sometimes because I wondered how he could see. Suddenly I realized something that hadn't been there the day before. Two bruises. One on the bottom of his neck and one on his jawline. After I noticed those I noticed a slight cut on his lip.

"How did you get those?" I asked, indicating the cut and bruises.

"I dunno," He said with a shrug, though something in his posture and expression changed. He had straightened up and he looked very slightly nervous.

"Right," I said, "They aren't just something you get occasionally."

Ron shifted. He knew something but wasn't about to tell. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Fine," I said huffily, then walked up the stairs, adding to my mental notes:

2. Numerous cuts and bruises that he won't tell about

a. Possible self injury (???)

1) Stress (??)

I took a cold shower to wake myself up more and got dressed. It was only about 8:00 by then so of course no one else was awake. I went back downstairs. Ron was still there. But something was different...the cut and bruises were gone.

'I hate him.' I thought angrily.

Mental note:

3. Using concealment charm (definate)

a. Not wanting anyone to notice (definate)


I sat back down next to him and said,

"Why do you stay in your room all day?"

"Why don't you ever shut up?" he retalliated, standing up and heading for the kitchen.

I heard footsteps and saw Uncle Jack walk down the hall. He smiled at me and went into the kitchen.

"Sleep well?" He asked Ron in a gruff voice.

"Yes, sir," Ron answered stiffly.

"That's good..." his Uncles Voice trailed off. A screeching of wood on lenoleum sounded. Then a faint thump and the wood on lenleum sounded again.

"Yeah, it's great," Ron snapped, then after that he added in a quiet but snappish voice, "Sir."

I raised an eyebrow and added another mental note:

4. Ron must adress Uncle Jack as sir

a. A request from Uncle Jack (???)

Something was going on between them.

I climbed the stairs again and felt a pulling sensation as I passed Ron's room. I looked in and, as if a light were surrounding it, spotted his journal. I swallowed hard and went into his room. Ron was downstairs. I was here, able to read his last entry for clues.

I sat on his bed and pulled the journal into my lap. His last entry was marked. I opened to the page and wasn't that surprised that he didn't write 'Dear Diary, or Dear Journal'. He just started writing. I took a deep breath and read the first sentence:

'It happened again tonight....'