Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ron's Terrible Sceret by crabbersdaughter

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
(Ron's P.O.V)

It was the next night. My whole body was aching again. I stood up and went into the kitchen, I seemed to be walking through water because my movements were sluggish. But I got there and went to a cupboard. It was locked. I didn't have my wand but I knew where the key was. Under the breadbox. I lifted it up and pulled the key out and unlocked the cupboard, it was full of sleeping potions. Dreamless Sleep, Simple Sleeping Potion and Sleeping Draft...something hit my memory. Hermione's voice:

"I've filled these with a simple Sleeping Draft...simple, but powerful."

The bottle was big, about the size of a shampoo bottle. I grabbed it and read the lable: 'Sleeping Draft'. There was a warning at the bottom: "WARNING: DO NOT INTAKE MORE THAN AMOUNT SHOWN ON BACK. FATAL."

'Fatal?' I thought, 'All I want to do is sleep and never wake up. Make this all seem like a dream.'

I opened the bottle and brought it to my lips. The draft smelled sugary almost. I drank it. All.


(Hermione's P.O.V)

*That Morning*

I woke up to light streaming through the curtains. The room was dimly lit by it. I stood up and went to the bathroom. As I splashed cold water on my face I wondered if Ron was downstairs.

"Hopefully," I murmured, drying my face off. I combed my hair and then headed downstairs.

Ron wasn't in the living room. I went into the kitchen and there he was. On the floor. Shattered glass was near one of his hands.

"Ron?" I said quietly. I got to my knees next to him. He was breathing, I could hear him. I shook him slightly, knowing he was a light sleeper. But he didn't wake up.

I sorted through the glass next to him, finally I saw a large piece with a lable on it. I read it quickly: Sleeping Draft. Then down at the bottom, read lettering caught my eye: WARNING: DO NOT INTAKE MORE THAN THE AMOUNT SHOWN ON BACK. FATAL.

I heard my self gasp. I dropped the peice of glass and stood up. But something else caught my eye, I got back to my knees and studied him for a moment. More bruises were scattered across his neck and jaw. A cut was underneath his eye and one more on his lip. I swallowed and stood back up. Not exactly sure what to do I ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

'His parents.' I thought, then ran into their room.

Luckily they were both awake, reading.

"Mrs. Weasley!" I gasped, cathcing my breath, "Come quick..."


At the Hospital

(Ron's P.O.V)

I opened my eyes. Then closed them. Too bright in here. Nope. I am going to sleep...

"Ron?"

Hearing Hermione's voice I slowly opened my eyes again. I heard feet walking over to me.

"You awake?" Harry asked.

"Nope." I closed my eyes again.

Harry and Hermione laughed feebly. I then opened my eyes again.

"Tired?" Hermione asked.

"What do you think, I drank a whole bottle of Sleeping Draft. Yeah, I'm wide awake."

Harry snickered. I could almost hear Hermione shake her head at us. I was able to sit up, but it drained out a lot of my energy.

"What's this?" I suddenly asked, realizing there was a thin tube pertruding from my wrist and into a machine.

"Oh," Harry said, "The Healers were going to turn that on once you were awake. It's something that helps you stay awake."

"Now..." Hermione interupted, "I have to ask you something. What has been going on with you and your Uncle?"