Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Family Truce by Cheshlin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is how I think the main story would affect the final outcome of DH.
Nymphadora Tonks-Lupin raced across the battlefield frantically looking for her husband. She knew he had to be somewhere nearby since she had seen him nearby from the castle window. She breathed hard as she raced across the grounds.

“If it isn’t the werewolf who dared to marry into the family,” called Bellatrix’s taunting voice.

“I think you are the one who the family should be ashamed of, not me and not Nymphadora,” Remus answered.

“You won’t be a problem any longer!” Bellatrix started shooting different curses at Remus as Tonks arrived at his side.

“I won’t let you harm him! Remus, get out of here.” Tonks started firing shots at her aunt.

“Look what the Kneazle dragged back in, you should have stayed with your mummy little niece. I told you that you would not live if we met again,” Bellatrix faced her niece with glee in her eyes, “Avada Kedavra!”

“Nymphadora, NO!” Remus yelled as he jumped in front of the curse headed towards his wife.

Tonks watched as the light left his eyes and his body became still. Pain flooded through her as she faced her aunt. She started firing all the painful curses she could think of. The Killing Curse was too quick. Bellatrix deserved to suffer as Tonks was at the moment.

It didn’t take long for Tonks to realise she was being out-maneuvered by her aunt. Sadness filled her as she thought of Teddy, but at least she would be back with Remus. Everything went into slow motion as she watched Bellatrix fire a Killing Curse towards her. A warm glow filled her starting in her chest and spreading through the rest of her as everything seemed to melt into darkness.



Circe stood in front of her looking a bit older then Tonks remembered. Two small boys were playing in the corner of the room behind her. Tonks studied them a moment before bringing her attention back to Circe.

“Those are Odysseus’ boys, aren’t they?” Tonks asked.

Circe smiled but didn’t answer, but looked at her expectantly. Tonk realized she had been speaking English but hadn’t used the translation spell. Quickly she remedied the problem and repeated her question.

“Yes, the boys are all I have left of Odysseus. He left to find his way back home to wife and country.” Sadness filled Circe’s face as she continued, “He was never truly happy here. His longing for home was more then I could counter. I knew that to hold him here would never make him mine, but he could never take my children.”

“I’m glad that you found some measure of happiness. What I need to know is why I am here. I should be with Remus in the afterlife.” Tonks shook her head as she though of her mother losing all but her grandson.

“The medallion of protection I gave you when you were here went back with you to your time. The protection it offered never diminished. You still live, but have been transported back here for a day. After that day, the medallion will transport you back to your home.” Circe smiled at the shocked look on her face.

“You mean Teddy isn’t an orphan? I will be able to raise him?” Tears flowed down her cheeks as she understood that it would be a while before she would be reunited with Remus.

Circe came and wrapped her arms around her, knowing the look of loss and heartbreak. When Tonks finally calmed down, she told Circe her story.

Circe listened with an attentive air, and when Tonks was finished, she in turn told her story. Tonks was surprised to find how many things they shared. It was great to have a woman there that understood what it was to love a man and bear his child, but have him go where she couldn’t follow.

Tonks held Circe’s youngest boy who was about a year old. It was a comfort to hold a small child, though it would have been better to hold Teddy. Knowing she would never hold her husband again, Tonks yearned for the one thing she still had of him. . . his son.

Circe gave her a warm bed and food. Tonks didn’t sleep, but lay awake just staring at the ceiling all night long. Just as often tears flowed down her cheeks as she mourned for Remus.

The next morning, she talked some more with Circe. When a day had passed, she felt herself pulled out of time and roughly placed back into her time. She stood in her mother’s yard and wearily walked to the front door. A shriek of joy came from the window, and she was greeted by her mother racing through the door to greet her.

“I thought you were killed, but no one could find a body. They did find Remus,” Andromeda looked sadly at her daughter before beaming again. “I had to believe you were alive. Teddy needs at least one of his parents.”

“I should have died, but this,” Tonks raised the necklace up to show her mother, “saved me. I guess I helped Circe, and she helped me.” Tonks grinned a bit at the thought. “Let’s go in and get Teddy. I need him right now.”

Andromeda gladly ushered her daughter into the house.