Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Cedric's Tale...an interview by Colin Creevey by go go ravenclaw

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thanks to my beta, Rachel!!
‘Good morning,’ Colin chirped cheerfully when I opened my eyes sleepily.

‘Morning,’ I drawled, eyes still half shut. Why did this boy have to wake up so early? He was just going to pester me some more. But at least there’d be something to do.

‘So, tell me all about how you felt when Professor Dumbledore announced about the Triwizard!’

I groaned. ‘Don’t be silly, Creevey. It’s-what?-six in the morning and you expect me to tell you all about that right now?’’

Colin rolled his eyes. ‘You promised, Cedric .’

I sighed gustily. Would this boy stop at nothing? ‘ Fine.

‘Let’s begin, then, shall we?’
***
When Dumbledore stood at the podium, I thought it was just going to be the normal announcements, you know? The usual stuff about Quidditch, and classes, and probably a new Professor, seeing that Lupin had been sacked. What I wasn’t expecting, though, was for him to announce-almost happily, at that-that there would be no Quidditch this year. I was really angry, of course: I loved-love Quidditch, and last year’s victory over the Gryffindor team was still fresh in my mind, even though I didn’t like it when Dad used to boast to everyone about how his son beat Harry Potter in Quidditch.

But then Dumbledore announced that we were hosting the Triwizard Tournament this year and that Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be arriving soon. Of course, I was delighted and really excited, already “what-if-ing” away. When people started putting their names in, I started to get a bit doubtful. What, really, were the odds of my being chosen? But I went for it anyways, and I was overjoyed when Dumbledore announced me as the Hogwarts champion.

I couldn’t help but feel very smug and proud as I walked, or rather, strutted down the dimly-lit hall, looking at the bright and happy faces of my fellow Hufflepuffs, and the rather disappointed-looking faces of the members of the other Houses, especially Slytherin. I knew they were hoping for, if not one of their House members, then at least a Ravenclaw. I’ve never understood people’s prejudice against Hufflepuffs. I mean, we’re as normal as everyone else! Anyway, so I was walking down the pathway between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw table and I noticed Cho Chang beaming at me.

I smiled back sort of shyly and continued my strut. My heart was exploding with pride, joy, anticipation as well as apprehension. I don’t have words to express how happy I felt that I would be able to fulfill my dream of participating in the Triwizard Tournament, to prove myself to everybody; that Cedric Diggory wasn’t just the handsome Hufflepuff from the Quidditch team…even though I didn’t particularly mind that description! But I wanted to show that I wasn’t just a two-dimensional figure.

But I was also a bit doubtful of my abilities, despite my confidence. Would I be able to succeed? Or would I be humiliated in front of thousands of people? These doubts also weeded themselves into my already confused mind.

I beamed around at everyone one last time before climbing down the staircase into the fire-lit chamber, greeting my fellow competitors. We were just getting to know each other when Harry stumbled into the room, followed by almost the whole of the Hogwarts staff and some others, too. For a moment, I thought he was there to deliver a message, but then I realised that if he was there to deliver a message, the staff wouldn’t be following him. And even if it was otherwise, Harry Potter wouldn’t be called to run an errand, now, would he?

I smirked to myself but then the smirk slid right off my face when I realised that Harry was also a Hogwarts champion.

I stood there in calm shock, not letting my face betray the injustice I thought was being done to me. Why was it that Potter always got all the glory? He should give others a chance, too! Always stealing the limelight, always showing off…

But then I spotted the expression on his face. He looked as if he didn’t know what hit him. He couldn’t have actually wanted this, could he? I mean, he had already gone through a lot last year, what with the Dementors and all…and he must have had some pretty bad memories to pass out the way he did. I guessed that it was somebody’s idea of a prank or something, and smiled in what I hope was a comforting manner at Harry. He seemed too frenzied to smile back, though, and I rolled my eyes when he wasn’t looking.

I couldn’t believe my ears when Crouch said that Harry would get to participate. I was going to tell him just what I thought but then I thought it would be too petty and mean. Besides, Hogwarts would have more of a shot at the Trophy. And Harry was a good wizard. Or so I hoped. As Crouch explained everything about the Tournament to us, I zoned off and thought, instead, about Cho Chang.

She certainly was cute, and plus, she was a great Seeker and in Ravenclaw, which meant she was probably an “O” student too. I contemplated the idea of asking her out-maybe to Hogsmeade or something for Valentine’s Day. Since we didn’t need Quidditch practice, it gave us all a lot of free time.

Once I got back to the dormitory, all my mates were elated. They kept on thumping me on the back and screaming stuff like ‘Ced’s our man’ and ‘Hey hey Hufflepuff’ and all that stupidity. To tell the truth, I was really tired and just wanted to pull my robes off, pull the curtains and sleep. I had a long day ahead of me tomorrow, after all. Being a Hogwarts champion was a big deal!
Chapter Endnotes: Hope you enjoyed this! You know what I enjoy? Reviews!^.^