Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Missing by Raeinflight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry this took so long guys, I've been in Eastern Europe for the past couple months. I know there isn't a whole lot of information given in this chapter, but it will come together soon!
Kreacher had been living at the Potter Manor in Godric’s Hollow ever since Harry and Ginny had married and moved in there. It hadn’t been difficult to convince him to move because by then he loved his master and his loyalties were evident. The Potters were always very kind to him and he did his best to be as great a help as he could.

Kreacher had even been there for the birth of the Potter child, who was born at home. Truth be told, Kreacher, who had never really cared much for young children, had grown quite fond of the boy. Sirius seemed to care just as much for the elf as for his parents.

“Oh Kreacher, what would I ever do without you?” Miss Ginny would say whenever he would entertain or quiet the boy.

Yes, Kreacher loved the Potters. That was why he had begun to worry when they disappeared. In the past the family always informed the elf when they were going on holiday. Where had they gone now, and why had they left all of their things? Even Sirius’ toys and clothes remained. Kreacher knew something was not right. He locked up the Manor and prepared to defend it. He waited for them to call for him, but if they did not, he would protect their home for their return.



Ginny awoke with a start. Sirius was crying. She moved to pick him up and then she realized what had woken her. There was a noise coming from inside the house. Someone was coming up the stairs! In one movement she cast a silencing charm on her son and threw Harry’s invisibility cloak over the cradle. She faced the door, her wand at the ready, her heart pounding wildly in her chest. The doorknob turned slowly.

“Ginny?”

It was Ron. She breathed a sigh of relief and lowered her wand as her brother entered the room.

“You’re lucky,” she said, “I almost hexed you into last year.”

“Sorry,” he said, “I didn’t mean to scare you. Where’s Sirius?”

Ginny quickly lifted the charm on the boy and pulled off the cloak. She took him into her arms trying to calm him.

“He’s quite fussy,” Ron commented wrinkling his nose.

“He needs his father. Any news on Harry?”

“I have an idea, but I need your help. Can you call for Kreacher? He’s still at Godric’s Hollow?”

“Yes,” she studied his face. “Do you think he can find Harry?”

“It’s worth a try.”

“Alright,” she took a deep breath and called out hesitantly: “Kreacher?”

There was a loud crack and the little elf appeared. “Miss Ginny,” he said bowing his head. His eyes grew wide as he took in his surroundings and recognized his former home.

“Hello, Kreacher,” Ginny said, smiling at the elf. Kreacher turned his attention back to his mistress.

“Miss Ginny!” the elf said now in awe. “Kreacher is so sorry, Kreacher was a bad elf and Master Harry and Mistress Ginny and Young Master Sirius have gone away, and before she could stop him, giant sized tears began rolling down his face.

“Kreacher no! Stop!” Ginny cried. The elf was now sobbing. Ginny knelt next to him. “No Kreacher, you were not bad, you are a very good elf.” He looked up at her with round glistening eyes. “I’m sorry we left.”

Ron sat down in the desk chair. He was feeling a bit woozy at the familiarity of this encounter with Kreacher. Ginny looked over to her brother.

“I can’t ask him to do this, Ron; I can’t put him in danger like this.”

“Ginny,” Ron said solemnly, “he may be Harry’s only hope.”

Ginny nodded. “Kreacher, I need your help. Harry is in trouble.”

Kreacher jumped to his feet. “Kreacher can help, Kreacher will help Master Harry!” he said urgently nodding his head profusely.

Ron left the chair and crouched down next to him. “Right Kreacher, we need you to see if you can find Harry, then come back here and tell us where he is.”

“Kreacher will do it, Master Ron!”

“Kreacher!” Ginny said quickly, “you must be very careful. He could be someplace very dangerous.” There was fear and anxiety in her voice.

“Kreacher will! Kreacher will be careful and find Master Harry and bring him back!”

“No Kreacher!” Ron exclaimed, “Don’t bring him back, just find him. It’s too dangerous.”

“Kreacher will Master Ron!” Then the little elf dissaperated. Ginny sat staring at the spot where he had been for a few minutes.

“Ginny…”

“I know he may be the only one who can find Harry, but I hope this isn’t a repeat of what happened with Dobby.”

“Don’t worry; this isn’t the first time that Kreacher has helped us out.”

“I know, I just don’t like it.” She picked up Sirius. “How are Hermione and everyone? I’ve been going crazy without any news.”

Ron looked down at his feet. “Hermione was attacked, Ginny.”

“What?!” Ginny was immediately filled with panic and dread. It was an oddly familiar feeling to her. It reminded her of the war, of worrying about her closest friends and family. She hated the idea of hiding out here while they were in danger. “When?” she asked.

“Yesterday.”

“What?! Ron! How could you not tell me? Is she alright?”

“She’s fine. I didn’t want to worry you.” Ready to rail on him for keeping her in the dark she narrowed her eyes and looked at him. His shoulders sagged and he rubbed his temples. Ginny could see the last few days etched across his face. She sighed heavily. Her poor brother, how could she be angry with him, he was doing everything he could to keep his family from falling apart. She went to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Do you want some tea?”

He shook his head. “No, I have to get to St. Mungos. I think we should bring her here. She was attacked at home, so I don’t want her back there.”

Ginny nodded. “Of course, can I help?”

“No, stay with Sirius, I’ll bring her round as soon as I can.”

“Ron,” Ginny caught his eye. She opened her mouth to say something, but no words came. He gave her a small smile.

“I know,” he whispered. He wrapped his arms around her and Sirius in one big hug. On his way out the door he looked back and sent her another tiny smile, and then he left.



Moving Hermione had been very difficult. She was weak, and Apparating was hard on her. Just to be safe, Ron took her by Floo powder to George’s shop and Apparated to Number Twelve Grimmauld Place from there. When she arrived she was exhausted. Ginny had rushed her right into bed.

Two days later, she awoke feeling much better and quite rested. Now seated in the living room, she could feel her mind awakening and she felt sharp and ready. She only hoped she could be of some use now.

She was listening intently to Ginny bustling about in the kitchen when the fireplace flared and the head of her former Professor Minerva McGonagall appeared.

Hermione jumped from the sofa, but immediately regretted it as she felt every muscle in her body protest. She knelt by the fireplace.

“Hello, Hermione,” McGonagall greeted.

“Hello, Minerva, is everything alright?”

“I’m afraid not. Where is Ginny?”

Hermione called to Ginny over her shoulder. Ginny came into the room carrying Sirius, whose face was covered in baby cereal. When she saw McGonagall’s head flickering in the hearth, she hurried to kneel next to Hermione.

“What is it Professor?” she asked urgently. Hermione could hear the fright in her voice. They both knew that an unexpected message from McGonagall, who until this moment had not been a part of this crisis, could only mean that something had happened.

“Ginny, I’ve just had a visit from your house elf.”

“Kreacher? Why did he go to you?”

“He was apparently sent by your husband.” Hermione’s heart beat wildly in her chest. Harry was alive! At least he had been a few moments ago.

“Harry!” Ginny exclaimed. “Where is he? Is he alright?” Hermione could see a mix of panic and relief in her sister-in-law’s face. She was sure her heart was beating as quickly as her own.

“I think it is best that we meet elsewhere to discuss this matter, but I believe it is of grave importance that you move Sirius to a more secure location.”

“What? Where is more safe than Grimmauld Place?” Hermione interjected.

“I do not know, but Harry seems to think that the boy is in danger and I think it wise to move him until we are sure he is safe.” McGonagall’s face looked urgent and her words were quick. “I must go it’s not safe to keep in contact for so long. Good Luck.” And with that she was gone and the fire burned out. Hermione and Ginny were left staring at the ashes in wonder. They were startled when they heard the sound of Ron entering the house.

“Ron!” Ginny exclaimed jumping up and rushing to him. The details of the cryptic message from McGonagall were pouring out of her mouth like rushing water.

“Slow down, Ginny. Kreacher found Harry and what, you want to move Sirius?” He looked very puzzled. Hermione stood and took his hand.

“Ron, I think this is much more than just revenge on Harry. I think for some reason, they are actually after Sirius.”





Harry Potter was tired, hungry, and bleeding in so many places he had lost track. He had not seen his family in days and was unsure if he would ever see them again. Harry had hated the man now standing next to him since he was twelve years old. He could smell his hair oil and the scent of his minty alcohol mouthwash. The mixture was utterly revolting.

“I hope you enjoy this,” Malfoy sneered, spitting in Harry’s ear before leaving the room abruptly.”

The dark figure loomed by the door behind him, sneering. Harry could see a wand concealed beneath the cloak. It is the unknown that is the greatest to fear. Not knowing what this phantom would do to him, not knowing if he would be forced to reveal something about his family. Yet, he had faced Voldemort, the darkest wizard that had ever lived. He had faced him many times and he had defeated him. Harry was sure that whatever lurked beneath the hood could not be as dangerous as that Dark Lord that he had met with just five years ago.

Mustering every ounce of Gryffindor courage he possessed, Harry lifted his head, set his jaw and faced the dark form now taking determined steps towards him.