Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Gryffindor Gang by U-No-Poo

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay people, its been a whole two or three weeks since I last updated! Not too bad, eh? Nothing new's been going on with me, and I'm fine, thank you for asking!

In this chapter we [re]introduce a main character, and the all-around Voldemort to the Next Generation. Grip your seats people, its slightly AU! Shock, horror! I resurrected my personal favourite baddie. Some will already have a good idea who it is. Read to find out!

Also, I'd like to point out that the whole Nina-hating-Claudia-because-she's-a-Muggleborn actually has a point and purpose to the story! Its not just me trying to fill in some stuff. You'll end up hating Nina, so you've been warned. Do not give me angry reviews abusing me saying I'm making her unnecessarily discriminative!

I'm a little disappointed with this chapter - its not as long as it should have been. But enjoy anyway!
Scorpius:

“Have another rock cake, Scorpius, I made them myself,” said Hagrid proudly, offering me the plate of rock cakes. It was three days after the Potions class incident and we were having afternoon tea with Hagrid, the Care of Magical Creatures Professor and who was one of Albus and Rose’s close family friends. Adam, Claudia and I had been invited to his hut to be introduced to him, and I was pretty nervous about meeting a half-giant who would most likely judge me on my surname and my trademark, unavoidable Malfoy hair.

“Relax, Scorpius “ Albus has explained to Hagrid about you. And Hagrid’s fine about you coming. He wouldn’t dare do anything,” Rose laughed as I’d admitted my initial fears at breakfast that morning.

“Or he’ll have Rose Carmen Weasley here to answer to,” joked Albus, joining in the conversation as he lifted his plate in front of me to reach for seconds of scrambled eggs. Rose grinned, and dove into her bag for her timetable.

“Shoot, we have History of Magic in five minutes. And that’s ages away!”

And that was the end of that conversation. So after lunch, we made our way across the freshly mown lawns of Hogwarts castle. It was a bright, sunny day and there were many students taking full advantage of the little bit of summer we had left, lounging around the lake and being lazy. When we reached Hagrid’s hut, Rose knocked on his front door. I could hear a dog barking wildly, and a deep, gruff voice saying, “Shut yeh trap, Fang.”

My first glance at Hagrid was that he was not someone to cross. Although Albus had informed me this morning that Hagrid was 88 years old, he did not look it. According to Miss Know-It-All Weasley, a giant’s average lifespan was about three hundred years. This was a very scratchy estimation, as not many wizards had ever gotten close enough to a giant civilization long enough to study them - and lived to tell the tale. But it looked as if Hagrid was going to have a longer lifespan than most humans. He was a large man, and even though I’m really tall for my age, I didn’t reach past his elbow. Tiny Claudia couldn’t even reach his waist!

“Al - Rose! Good ter see yers!” he grinned, and opened the door wide enough to let all five of them pass in.

“Hagrid, these are our friends “ Claudia,” he gestured to her and she waved up at Hagrid, “Adam,” Albus pointed to Adam, who grinned back at Hagrid, “and Scorpius.” I smiled nervously, but Hagrid laughed away at my anxiety.

“Don’t look so ruddy nervous, I know yeh not a bloody ferret like your dad,” he grinned. I had to smile at this. My father had told me some embarrassing stories about his fourth-year DADA professor transfiguring him into a ferret. I’d pay big money to see Draco Malfoy like that.

Anyway, now we were sitting at his oversized table, having tea and rock cakes (which I didn’t touch). We were chatting about normal things “ how we were enjoying Hogwarts, our classes, what was happening with the rest of the Wizarding World. Then we reached a particularly sensitive topic in the conversation “ the Illuminati attack on the Ministry of Magic. The Daily Prophet front page article was still lying on the coffee table. As Hagrid went outside to deal with a fourth year’s Care of Magical Creatures problem, I read the article:

“ILLUMINATI STRIKES AGAIN AT THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

September 3, 2017.

Thirty-three people died yesterday morning, including five confirmed Illuminati followers when they opened fire on the Ministry through the corridors, using not only their wands but guns too, a handheld Muggle metal contraption that injures and kills people.

Another devastating attack on the wizarding community has occurred at the hands of wizarding terrorist group ‘Illuminati’, this time at the Ministry of Magic, just four weeks after their bombing on
The Knight Bus.

They attempted to reach the Minister for Magic’s office, but were thwarted by thirteen Aurors, including Harry Potter, as readers would know from nineteen years previously as the hero of
The Battle of Hogwarts, when he defeated Lord Voldemort at the age of seventeen.

Most Ministry workers and other witches and wizards dived for cover under work desks and evacuated the premises, shaken but safe.

However, some were not so lucky. Among the deceased were Head of Muggle Liaison Office Roger Davies, prestigious Auror Archie Long, second-in-command Obliviator Katie Bell and retired Irish Quidditch Seeker Aiden Lynch. Of the twenty eight people (not including the Illuminati casualties), twelve were Muggle-born. However, the attacks have been described as random.

In the past six months, the Illuminati Organisation has been steadily gaining power. Their beliefs are widely known as severely anti-Muggle. However, their organisation has been relatively peaceful until three months ago when raiders stormed into London and murdered seventy innocent Muggles in a shopping centre in London. Ministry officials had received a threatening message from Bellatrix Lestrange, former Death Eater and Illuminati leader, calling for all Muggle-born wizards to be rejected from the wizarding world and treated like second-class citizens, otherwise the attacks would continue. Since that day the attacks have steadily grown worse.

“Its very strange that an anti-Muggle terrorist group would use guns in an attack,” commented Head Psychologist for St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries Ibrahim Quill. “Very out of character.”

Late last night, Head Auror Harry Potter made a statement to the Daily Prophet and other wizarding media. “Today has been another shocking, inhumane attack on the wizarding community. We are facing our worst security crisis since the days of Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters. I urge the magical population to not only keep yourselves and your family safe but also your Muggle neighbours who may be in danger. Every life is worth saving.”


Oh, life was just going peachy for me at Hogwarts so far. Not only did I have to deal with the fact that I was a Malfoy in Gryffindor, but now my Great Aunt Bella had a desire to murder innocent wizards and Muggles. Yep, life was going great.

“Terrible... ruddy terrible,” growled Hagrid as he poured more tea into Albus’ oversized mug.

“I just can’t believe that some wizards would do that just because they don’t like Muggles,” said Claudia in a small, anxious voice.

“Relax, Claudia, the Illuminati won’t reach Hogwarts. They’d probably be too terrified of crossing Minerva McGonagall,” joked Adam as the rest of the group laughed.

“It’s not just that,” Hagrid said in a more serious voice after the laughter died down. “Most people're worried 'bout another generation o’ Death Eaters an’ another Voldemort.”

“So, exactly what are Death Eaters, and what happened during that time?” asked Claudia.

So Hagrid, with occasional inputs from the other four, proceeded to tell Claudia what had happened during the Second War. It went on for hours, and just as they got to the part where Albus’ dad had killed Lord Voldemort, Rose noticed that the sky was getting rather dark.

“We should head off now, Hagrid,” she said, glancing nervously out the window.

“Rose, we won’t get detention for visiting a Professor,” said Adam, rolling his eyes at her. Hagrid chuckled, but insisted that he accompany us back to the castle.

Late that night, I woke up to something tapping at my dormitory window. I jolted out of bed, and my heart sunk as I recognised the owl that was carrying a letter. It was Lautitia, my father’s owl. With shaking hands, I opened the window, took the letter from Lautitia, closed the window and sat down on my bed. It was addressed as;

Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy
Gryffindor Tower
Hogwarts School


Crap. He knew. And now, I opened the letter.

Dear Scorpius,

I must say, when I heard from Blaise Zabini this morning that my only son had been sorted into Gryffindor, I was upset to say in the least, and very disappointed. I had thought that you had true Slytherin blood in you, from both your mother and me, but sadly that was not to be the case. But mostly, I was angry at you “ how could you disrespect our family name?

Then, after a long talk with your mother, I realised that none of this was your fault. You did not ask to be sorted into Gryffindor, but you must have shown Gryffindor attributes to become one. For instance, you are a very courageous, daring, if not stupid, child. But you also had Slytherin blood in you “ the kind that nobody could ignore. I’m surprised that the Hat did.

Anyway, I decided to write to tell you all this. I realised that you must have been worrying about what would happen when you mother and I would discover this, so I just want to tell you that we forgive you for this, and would hate for us to become estranged over a small matter as this.

You must hate it in Gryffindor. I don’t suppose that you’re with Albus Potter in Gryffindor? It’s an obvious choice for a Potter-Weasley child. He must get annoying “ and his cousin is also in your year! My deep
regards go out to you, Scorpius. However, I think that you should try and introduce yourself to some of your Slytherin peers “ they might understand the horrible predicament that you are in.

In other news, I have received that promotion at the Department of International Magical Cooperation. I am now Vice-President of the International Magical Trading Standards Body. I wish you could join your mother and me at home to celebrate, but that cannot obviously happen. Also, your mother sends her love and says that she will send a care package when she can, but it might not be for some time.

Love from,
Your father


So, my father ‘forgives’ me for being in such a ‘horrible predicament’, I thought in anger, as I crumpled up his letter, preparing to go down to the common room fire to burn it. How very convenient. Of course, I was his only child! He couldn’t estrange me! Also, he said ‘regards’. What kind of pompous git says regards to his eleven year old son? On my way through, I heard Adam turn in his sleep and Albus behind me.

“Whazzamatta Scorpius?” he asked groggily behind me, putting on his glasses as he yawned.

“It’s nothing, Al, just go back to sleep. Nothing’s wrong.” I said bitterly. Obviously, my friend realised the emotion behind my voice.

“It’s obviously ‘nothing’, Scorpius. It’s one in the morning, and you’re crumpling up a letter in a rage with a hateful expression on your face.” Damn him for being so observant.

“It’s just my father, the stupid git.”

“It wouldn’t be the first time. We’ll talk in the morning. And if you still want to burn it then, then you can do it. Just go back to sleep.” How did he know I was going to burn it? He knows everything, that kid.

“Yeah, ‘s’pose you’re right,” I grumbled, and got back into my bed.

“Night, Scorpius.”

“Night, Al.”




Claudia:

Gradually, I began settling into Hogwarts. Things started to become daily routine. On days when we had classes, I would wake up at seven o’clock or seven-thirty, go down to breakfast with Rose and the others at eight, and begin classes at nine. Then, at break times Albus, Rose, Scorpius, Adam and I would go exploring the castle, or walk around the castle grounds. Sometimes Rose would drag us into the library, but we would all manage to lure her out of there eventually. After dinner, we would all go back up to the common room and do our homework, occasionally playing a game of wizard’s chess (Adam taught me “ I really suck at it) or Gobstones (which yielded very entertaining results when a player lost a point!). Then, eventually, we would head off to bed and do it all again in the morning.

Even though our classes were very challenging, I was beginning to get the hang of magic. With help occasionally from my friends, I would learn little things about the wizarding world each day that would make adjusting easier. And I liked all of my Gryffindor classmates “ except for one. No prizes for guessing whom.

Nina Jordan had become very mean and sullen towards Rose and I since the first night at Hogwarts. On the most part, we both just ignored her, but it was still annoying to hear her go on about ‘how cool the wizarding world was’ and that she ‘felt sorry for all those people who had not had the privilege to grow up in it’.

It was five days before Halloween, and our class was in Charms. Professor Morgan was teaching us the levitating spell, and we were sitting at our desks, trying to make a feather rise a few feet up above in the air. And I was having some major difficulties.

“It’s not that hard, once you have the hang of it,” said Rose next to me, her feather high above her head. Easy for her to say that, I thought. She levitated her blooming feather on her second try! I glared at her and attempted to perform the spell again.

Wingardium Leviosa!” I chanted, pointing my wand at the feather in front of me. It lay still and limp, not even showing the slightest signs of moving. This was the fifteenth try. In frustration, I threw my wand down on the desk, but before I could blink, the desk suddenly caught fire. Morgan came rushing over, and with two flicks of her wand she put out the fire and performed a quick drying spell. The rest of the class was giggling.

“Class, I need to go down to Mr. Filch and get some All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover to clean these stains up. I’ll be five minutes. Do not misbehave. I will know if you do,” said the slightly frazzled professor, and she shut the door behind her as she strode out of the room. Suddenly, the room dissolved into giggles, and Nina Jordan turned around in her chair to face me.

“Next time, maybe you’d like to restrict your pyromaniac urges!” she said in between hysterical laughter, and Michelle beside her joined in.

I scowled my most fierce glare at her, and leaned back in my chair with my arms crossed. Rose glared back at her too.

“I’ve noticed that you’re yet to levitate your feather too, Nina,” she replied smugly, and the class laughed again, this time at someone else

After turning a slight shade of pink, Nina composed herself. “At least I don’t set desks on fire,” she retorted.

“Yet,” chipped in Albus from on Rose’s right, and Scorpius sniggered at this. The class roared with laughter. Nina looked murderous.

“At least I’m not a Mudblood like you!” she replied swiftly. Most of the class stopped laughing, and glared at Nina reproachfully. I got out of my chair and felt ready to punch Nina’s perfect face, but Adam beat me to her. He let it rip, to say in the very least.

“How dare you treat Claudia like that! You have no right to say those things to her. She’s only been in the wizarding world for less than two months! I’m a pureblood too, but you don’t see me saying those sorts of things to Muggleborns!” Here he paused to take a deep breath, and then continued on. “I think that’s just despicable, Nina. Leave her alone!” he yelled at her, towering above her as she sat in her chair, evidently surprised. This wasn’t an overstatement “ Adam was very tall. But he wasn’t as surprised as me, though.

“Adam, what are you doing? Sit down!” I mumbled to, highly embarrassed. He grudgingly obliged and sat down again.

“So, had to get your boyfriend to do your dirty work?” she smirked at me, and the class dissolved into giggles again.

“Somebody’s in lurrrrve,” Michelle taunted Adam, who turned as red as a tomato, and started fidgeting with his wand, refusing to catch my eye. The class laughed even harder. Did all eleven year olds laugh this much back in the Muggle world? It seemed hard to believe. Just then, Professor Morgan entered the room, wearing a big frown on her face.

“What’s going on? I leave for five minutes and the wolves descend on this place! Nina, was that you causing that entire ruckus? Twenty points from Gryffindor for such despicable language!”

The rest of the class glared at Nina, who for once was lost at words. The room fell very silent.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Back to you feathers!” said Morgan.

“I’ll get you for this, Claudia Kelaney,” hissed Nina from in front of me. “Just you wait.”
Chapter Endnotes: So, you like? And what about that almost-obvious-bringing-Bellatrix-back-to-life thing? Muahaha, I love canon, but I just love her more! She is so pure evil.

Anyway, you know the drill. Leave a review after the beep... [insert beep].