Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Loannes Potion by crbluvsravenclaw

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

~Loannes is Latin for John for anyone who is interested in the title choice. As always, I want to thank, J.K. Rowling for her wonderful creativity in this world. You rock, Jo! I also want to thank my best friend, Nikki (lilames555) for making me realize that writing is my passion. Next, I want to thank my other friend, Vivian Chen for reading every single chapter of this story for me! She is awesome! Next, I want to thank my family and friends for being extremely awesome and supportive of me. After that, I want to thank my beta-reader, Alice (theblacksister) for taking time out of her day to edit this story! She is amazing! And lastly, I want to thank all of those Harry Potter fans out there who take time out of their day, to read my own, as well as the other stories from the other authors on this website and review them. Thank you guys so much! From the bottom of my heart, I hope you enjoy this story I have prepared for you! :D

~crbluvsravenclaw
Chapter Notes: I hope you enjoy! :D

~crbluvsravenclaw

Prologue:

"I have finally done it!" Professor John Ackerley roared with excitement and laughter. He took a second glimpse at the bright silvery concoction, bubbling in the black cauldron upon the desktop. Various ingredients from an array of magical beings and vegetation, were scattered about and a small bit of parchment, with untidy scrawl scratched all over it, symbolized the correct items for the new found potion, that would change the lives of the wizarding world forever. He ran his wand over the length of the parchment so that the guidelines would duplicate and indefinitely be safe in case the first copy got destroyed in the future. He signed both copies then placed the clone to the side in an old potions book and continued with his work.

It was nearing nightfall and the full moon was due to rise in the clear midnight blue skies at any minute over the isolated landscapes of Northern England. Professor Ackerley ladled a fair amount of the potion into his mouth and he waited for its affects to arise in a chair overlooking the night beyond the windowsill.

John jumped to his feet when he heard a knock at the door, wondering who would interrupt him at that time of night in the middle of nowhere. He swiftly concealed all the evidence for the potion away by using a Disillusionment Charm before answering the repetitive thuds of his long time colleague, Professor Richard Paxton.

"What are you doing here, Richard? You know you shouldn't be here at a time like this," John reminded him, stepping back to allow Richard in anyhow.

"I recently got word of you brewing another new formula, Ackerley." He replied in an irritated tone. John just gazed curiously into the unfamiliar cold and dark eyes of his best mate, for he had never referred to John by his surname before. "You know that we work in this together."

"What do you mean, Rich? I don't understand."

"Oh, don't play games with me! You know perfectly well what I mean." He seized his wand from one of the inside pockets of his elegant black robes and swished it through the air around him, casting a Revealing Spell. Instantaneously, the potion and the mess surrounding it became visible once again and Richard turned around to face John. "I want some answers, now, John!"

"It's nothing, I-"

"I don't really care, actually!" Richard interjected. "You do realize what I am going to have to do with you now." It wasn't a question, but a statement. John knew exactly what must be done and he had to try to stop it; try to show some reality in Richard of the current situation, but how? Richard lifted his wand for a second time that night, but more threateningly that time as he positioned it directly in front of his old companion's heart.

"Wait, I can explain."

"There's no time left to wait! As you can see, you have succeeded in finding a cure for Lycanthropy seeing as you haven't transformed into the monster you are and the full moon has already began to ascend!" John took this pause to glance down at his slim body and in fact, he had not changed into the bloody creature he was meant to be. The potion had worked! There was now a cure for the cursed affair! His number one ambition had come true at last!" I will have to kill you, I'm afraid. We worked for hours at a time on an antidote for this predicament and now you have finally achieved it. You will be the one who gets all the credit for it. Well, I don't think so! You time here is now up and after tonight, I will be the one who is acknowledged as the hero who produced a treatment, and you," he chuckled as if this was all some hilarious joke. "you will be remembered as the traitor who attempted to steal all the glory and died by murdering yourself with your own spell. Or I guess mine."

"Richard, please. Show some mercy."

"AVADA KEDAVRA! Richard shouted, completely ignoring the pleading from John. A flash of green light emitted out from the tip of his wand and struck in the chest of the other man dead on. Instant death followed afterward and he collapsed to the dark paneled floorboards beneath him. "Ha-ha, you won't be causing any more difficulties for me, you filthy little git!" He dropped down to John's side and traded wands with him as it's allegiance would now obey his every command then he set forth for the finished potion. He grabbed the signed piece of parchment next to the cauldron without looking over it and also conjured an empty jar where the potion itself would remain for the time being. But before he could clear the pot of its substance, it had exploded in his face from overheating for too long, leaving Richard to die at once and the piece parchment he was holding with the original directions on it, to burn to a crisp making extremely illegible. The cure that had worked, was no more.
Chapter Endnotes: I hope you enjoyed reading this! If you have the time, may you please review your thoughts, whether good or bad advice, anything is suffice. I take everything to heart and try to fix all the problems. I also would like to thank my beta-reader, Alice (theblacksister) for everything she is doing for me! :D

~crbluvsravenclaw