Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A New Generation Begins by The_Heir_of Gryffindor

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Tara woke earlier the next morning before the other girls in her dormitory did. She had met one of them last night. Her name was Natalie Patil, while her twin sister was in Ravenclaw. When they met, it was like they had been childhood friends.

She made her sleepy way down the girls' staircase and was met with laughter when she reached the common room.

Ian was spread out on the couch, absorbed in laughter. Two other boys were around him, absorbed in the same hysterias.

"Did you see her face when I asked her? It was like she could've slapped me across the face!" Ian choked.

The boys fell into fits of laughter once more. Tara knew the other two. The one that was rolling around on the floor was Sam Hinges. He had spiky white blonde hair and beautiful ice blue eyes. The other boy that was leaning against the front of the couch was Jessie Emerson. he had light brown hair and dazzling green eyes. Both boys were pure bloods.

Suddenly, Jessie turned around and looked right at Tara. he whistled. "And who is this beauty?" he teased.

Ian hit him over the head. "That is my sister. Leave off." he growled.

Jessie looked a little put out, but turned around nonetheless. Tara walked up to Ian. "What is so funny?" she asked as the three boys fell into laughter once more.

Ian looked up at her. "I asked Melanie Brown out this morning!"

"You mean that second year girl?" Tara asked.

Ian nodded and Tara sighed. -Typical- she thought to herself. -Only been here a few hours and is already chasing girls.-

She walked out of the portrait hole and stood out on the Gryffindor corridor trying to remember the way to the Great Hall. The portrait hole opened and Natalie stormed out and pointed a finger at Tara. "Your brother is /really/ going to get it! The prick had the nerve to ask me out! On our first day here! Honestly!" she cried throwing her hands in the air. Her baby blue eyes flashed and she ran her hand through her light brown curls then she sighed. "Okay, I'm okay. Let's go to breakfast."

Tara shifted uneasily. "I, I don't remember the way." she added truthfully.

Natalie laughed and wrapped her arms around Tara's shoulders as they began to walk down the corridor. "This will be an exciting year."

**********************************

Ian, Sam, and Jessie made their way down the stairs and into the Great Hall without trouble. Now fully dressed in black robes and the Hogwarts Crest, they looked rather attractive.

They seated themselves at the front of the table, Ian and Sam on one side and Jessie on the other.

"You know what I was thinking?" Jessie asked pouring a glass of pumpkin juice.

"How the hell would I know?" Sam asked. "I'm not a Seer!"

Ian snorted.

Jessie ignored them. "I was reading, Hogwarts, A History and it said that at one time, they had a group called the Marauders. They went about the school causing as much trouble as possible. I predict, that we relive the Marauders age."

Sam and Ian stared at him. "Are you joking?"

Jessie sighed. "Of course not! These Marauders, grew up to be well known Aurors. The best ever I heard."

A mischievous gleam entered Ian's eyes and he leaned forward to Jessie. "So, tell me about these Marauders. Did...they, have the good side of the ladies?" he asked.

Jessie laughed. "Did they?! My God! They were famous, and popular! Not to mention, you have the Marauders blood flowing through your veins. James Potter was a Marauder himself! You know your uncles, Fred and George? They caused just as much trouble, as the Marauders! You see? You are the heir of trouble! We can accomplish this." Jessie put his hand in the middle of the table and looked from Sam to Ian. "Well? Are you with me?"

Ian looked thoughtful than placed his hand on top of Jessie's. "Count me in!"

Sam hesitated then smiled as he slapped his hand on top. "You guys better know what you're doing."

The boys first class of the day was Transfiguring. They sat together in the back of the room whispering to each other.

"Okay, Hogwarts, A History also said that the Marauders gave themselves nicknames. I think we should too."

"God, that's going to be hard..." Ian retorted.

Before they could continue, McGonagall's voice cut through. "Transfiguring is one of the hardest subjects in the wizarding world. This semester we will simply learn about the incantations. Next semester we will begin transfiguring small things such as a quill and parchment." There were several groans. "Next year, we will be Transfiguring bigger animals such as rats and birds. Third year will be even larger animals. Forth year we'll study famous witches and wizards. Fifth year we'll learn how to transfigure things far away. Sixth year will be Animagus and seventh year will be Apparition and Dissparation. So I expect a lot out of you this year."

The rest of her words were drowned out as Jessie whispered. "Of course! Animagus!"

"What about it?" Ian asked, clearly bored.

"We could become Animagus!"

"And...why?" Ian asked.

"Because, we can cause mischief without being cought! Don't you see?! We have the entire grounds open to us as well as the forbidden forest!"

Ian and Sam glanced each other with raised eyebrows. "And, you expect it to work?"

"It's as simple as taking a test. Gees, you guys are going to need some help this year or you won't pass..."

"Well, that's why you're our friend." Ian said a little too loudly.

"Mr. Potter!" Professor McGonagall snapped as she turned swiftly around from the board. "I will not tolerate such outbursts in my class! Detention at eight tonight in my office!"

When she turned around, the entire class turned to look at him. He glared at them and Sam and Jessie snickered and patter him on the back.

"Right on your way to becoming a Marauder. Now you need one hundred and seventy nine more!" Jessie whispered.

***************************

When the bell rang, Tara met Ian outside the classroom door. "First detention, huh? What are you planning next? Skip class?"

A mischievous twinkle lit his eyes and he looked over at her with a grin. "Thanks for the idea."

Tara watched him go, mouth hanging slightly open. She couldn't believe it. Her girl crazy brother was now instantly turning into her uncles, Fred and George.

Natalie met up with her. "Hey, what do we have next?" she asked as she shoved her books into her bag.

Tara pulled out her schedule and groaned. "Potions with Professor Snape. Yippee..." she said sarcastically.

Natitily shrugged. "I heard he was much nicer after the Dark Lord died."

Tara's stomach knotted. She didn't want to hear about it. The death of Voldemort was her father's doing but it also sent him to his death. She had heard from her Aunt Hermione that a special link between Voldemort and her father killed them both.

Natalie shook Tara's shoulder. "Hey, you alright?"

Tara swallowed and clenched her fists. "Yeah, I'm fine...Let's go before we're late."

*************************

They had made it to class just as the bell rang. They seated themselves towards the back where Ian, Sam, and Jessie ruled the back of the class.

Before they could talk, the door of the classroom slammed opened and Professor Snape swept in. His long black robes billowed behind him. He stopped at the front of the class and turned to look at them with piercing black eyes. His greasy black hair fell in his face.

"Welcome to Potions class. I'm Professor Snape. I /will/ be your potions teacher all the way till fifth year. After you O.W.L's, you may be accepted into my N.E.W.E.T level class. You will need a pewter cauldron and your book, 'Potions for Beginners' by Gelda Wimbenlock. Today, we will begin by learning certain ingredients and potions that we will be learning. Now, please open your books." he turned around and began to write in the board.

Natalie bent into Tara. "Are you sure you're alright? You look very pale..."

Tara didn't answer as she turned around and glanced at Ian, who, was also pale as his eyes stared at Snape.

No one knew what happened at the fight with Harry and Voldemort, but there was several suspicions on Snape, who had appeared on the Order's doorstep carrying Harry's dead body. Only Dumbledore was convinced that Snape wasn't there at the fight.

Tara turned back to Natilie to be met with her worried blue eyes. Tara shook her head and turned back to her parchment and began to write.

Half way through the class, a note hit her on the back of the head. She opened it with curiosity and read:

I have to talk to you after class. I still don't trust Snape.

She looked back at Ian who just simply looked at her, trying to get her to read his silent message with his eyes.

Unfortunately, she was unable to respond as Snape appeared at her side. "Miss Potter. Might I ask what you are doing?" he asked smoothly.

Tara turned angrily to look at him. "Giving Ian a spare piece of parchment." she replied through gritted teeth.

Snape gave a crooked smile. "Oh really? Let me se that." he demanded as he held out his hand.

Tara hesitated as she glared up at him than dutifully handed it over.

Surprisingly, Snape only gave her a crooked smile and walked away, pocketing the note. The Slytherins across the room gave disbelieving and furious looks that Snape didn't read it.

When the bell rang, Snape motioned Tara. "Miss Potter! Will you please see me at my desk?"

Ian whispered in Tara's ear. "I'll see you in the Great Hall." Without another word, Ian with Sam and Jessie trailing behind him.

Tara went up to his desk where Snape sat reading the note. He grinned at her as she approched.

"Might I ask why you don't trust me, Miss Potter?" he asked, his voice dripping with venom.

She glared at him. "No reason, sir." she replied calmly.

Snape's black eyes bored into hers. "Potter, if you believe that I'm the reason your father is dead, then I don't want any part of it. Dumbledore's word should be good enough. Now, get out of my sight before I abduct points from your house."

Tara grabbed her back and ran from the room. Once the door closed, she leaned against the wall and broke into sobs. She felt Ian's arm snake around her shoulders.

"What's wrong?" he asked comfortingly.

She sniffed. "He, he talked about Dad...The, the day he died." she cried.

She felt Ian tense. "Don't worry about it. We can prove whether he was a Death Eater or not." he whispered.

After a few silent seconds, they both made their way to lunch.

((Okay, it's a little emotional, but the fun is only beginning! Please review!!))