Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Conflict by grangergurl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Ok, it's going to be a short chapter, but you guys need some comic relief, apparently. The reviews are great, but I feel like I need to get you loosened up. The middle isn't really needed, but comic relief!!!! Oh, and I'm expecting LOTS of reviews!





Harry looked around the room. Everyone but Joshua was crying. He felt his own warm tears fall like the rain, and soon, there was a tiny puddle by everyone’s feet. Joshua looked at his family and their puddles in disgust. He squirmed, and Hermione put him down. He ran out of the room, but no one moved to follow him. A few moments later, he came back with a paper towel. Everyone lightly giggled as he squatted down at each person’s feet and wiped up the puddle, occasionally leaving to get a new paper towel. When he came back from throwing the last one away, he frowned at the newly-forming puddles, especially the one by Harry and Ginny.



Joshua groaned and stomped his foot. “Gu-uys, stop,” he inhaled deeply, “CWYIN’!!!!”

Everyone roared with laughter at Joshua’s impatience. The puddles grew no more.









Later that day, Joshua was eating….the wedding cake. Molly shrieked, and Harry ran into the room. He had to suppress a laugh at what he saw. Joshua was covered in white cake, with a frosting pink rose on his chin. Harry couldn’t help himself. He felt his chest burst, and he roared. He wiped the rose off of Joshua’s chin and stuck it in his son’s mouth.



Molly looked at him incredulously. Harry was wise enough to dodge the glare that was being shot at him. Hermione and Ron walked in, hand-in-hand, sending mushy looks at each other. “Eeeeew,” Joshua giggled. Both heads snapped to Joshua, and Ron burst out laughing, Harry joining him. Soon, everyone but Molly was laughing out loud, the kitchen roaring with sound. Arthur Weasley rambled through the door, home from work. He took one look at Joshua with his hands full of cake, and had a sudden urge to run.



Molly had plopped down on the chair after sending a letter to Neville and Luna. After Arthur had walked through the door, she started laughing, too. At first, it was a nervous twitter, but soon, it was a full belly-laugh that only Molly was capable of. Arthur looked at her like she was crazy. Shaking his head, he rambled up to his bedroom.



After Hermione had regained her breath, she flicked her wand, and the cake was again, perfect. “Oh, my. He certainly takes after Fred and George,” Molly reasoned. “Speaking of which, they should be here soon.”



At this, Joshua’s eyes grew wide. “We gon’ see Uncle Fwed and Uncle Geowge?”



Hermione giggled and said, “Yes. Fred and George are going to come see you.”



Joshua beamed and hurried to the fireplace in the living room, where he knew that they would be arriving.



~* A few hours later*~



“Ginny, can you come here, please?” Harry called from in the basement, just before dinner.



Ginny pushed open the door, revealing a beaming Harry. “I’ve already told your Mother that we will not be there for dinner,” Harry began. “We are going somewhere else.”



Ginny giggled and pulled him into a kiss. As they broke apart, Harry laughed. “You haven’t even seen the surprise, yet!”



Ginny giggled again, and slipped her petite hand into his large, strong one. He led her deeper into the basement, Ginny coughing from the dust. Harry suddenly looked concerned.



“I’m sorry. We should turn back. I didn’t think…” Harry was interrupted by Ginny, however.



“No, it’s fine. Let’s keep going,” Ginny argued. Despite his efforts to pull her back up the stairs, she continued on. They finally came to the landing; Ginny was a little disappointed at what she saw.



It was a small basement, with a phonograph in the corner and a sheet on the floor. Ginny broke from Harry’s grasp and walked to the phonograph, brushing the dust from the ancient machine. She turned so Harry would not see the small tear running down her face. She did not know why, but she was expecting…more.



Ginny pointed her wand at her face, so Harry wouldn’t see. Her tears disappeared, and she turned back to him. “Wow, Harry, some surprise. My own basement! Maybe we can transform it into a room for Joshua!” Ginny teased.



Harry shook his head and beckoned her back over. She cautiously shuffled back over to him, not knowing what to expect. He turned her back towards the phonograph, and pulled her down.



She plopped down on the ground, and he joined her, crouching. Taking her hand, Harry led Ginny’s to the sheet on the ground. He pulled his hand away from hers and looked at her expectantly.



She warily pulled on the sheet, revealing a small trap door.



It was a beautiful oak door, with images carved into it. She marveled at the running unicorns and exquisite elves, and all the magical creatures that you could imagine.



Ginny threw herself into Harry, knocking him over. He squeezed her, and they laughed.



“Well, are you going to open your door??” Harry inquired, after they had gotten back up.



Ginny hesitated, and then turned back towards the door. Kneeling down, she rested her hand on the golden handle. She lightly pulled, and wondered at how easily it came up.



Looking down, she saw another stairway that led into darkness. Now very hesitant (she was afraid of the dark), she turned to Harry, who gave her an encouraging look.



As she began the descent into darkness, she wondered what she would find. Her foot finally hit solid ground. She called back up to Harry, “There’s nothing here! I can’t see a thing!”



“There’s a door, look around for it!” was her reply.



She waved her hands around, feeling stupid, and finally hit another door. She ran her hand over it until she found a handle. This door, like the trapdoor, opened easily. She stopped when it was open midway, however, for she heard something behind her.



“Harry!” Ginny yelled up the stairs. She lighted her wand, just for comfort. She felt a hand on her shoulder, and with a lurch, whirled around. The warm smile of her husband greeted her. “I’m right here. Now let’s check out what’s behind your door.”



Ginny gasped a sigh of relief at her husband’s gentle words, and waved the light from her wand. Again being enfolded in blackness, she turned to Harry for comfort. He took her hand, and pulled her to the door.



“Open it, now.”



Ginny obeyed, closing her eyes, and pushed open the door.



“Well, you have to open your eyes, too!” Harry exclaimed.



Ginny looked at the floor and opened her eyes. Following Harry’s finger that was on her chin, she raised her head.



Ginny’s breath caught in her throat and she nearly fainted at what she saw.