Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Conflict by grangergurl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry it's so short again, but it contains vital information. I was also at a writer's block, but now I know what I'm going to do.
Ginny awoke the next morning to a gentle breeze. She heard birds singing, and the sun was high. Her thoughts immediately shot to Joshua, and she found the tree that led up to his bedroom. After running up the stairs, she quietly tip-toed into the bright, sunny room. Joshua was snoring lightly with his hands under the sage and crème pillow. She giggled as he muttered in his sleep, and she lightly tousled his blonde hair. Blonde… Ginny thought, Just like Harry’s cousin. It was indeed strange that he had ended up with blonde hair, but she didn’t fret. There was blond hair a few generations back, in her family. Ginny’s thoughts, however, were interrupted by an urgent need to try her new toilet out.



After a lovely breakfast of bacon and eggs at the Burrow, Ginny floated back into her room to take a shower. She hummed as she pushed herself up the tree and into the lagoon. She was greeted by many green weeping willows’ leaves skipping by her in the wind. After stripping, she slipped into the surprisingly warm and clean pond. She sighed and conjured the shampoo. The waterfall was, indeed, a very nice shower. A thin sheet of water fell onto her head, and the shampoo washed out of her hair in an instant. After finishing cleaning herself up, she swam a little bit, finding that in one area of the pond, Japanese Koi swam in circles. She giggled as they swam by her feet, tickling her horribly. She only hushed her laughter when she heard Harry waking up and climbing the stairs to the bathroom. She giggled to herself and hopped out to get dressed. He arrived just as she finished pulling her shirt over her head.


“Hello, beautiful. Did you sleep well last night?” Harry hugged her.

“Yes, indeed. I was sleeping on a cloud, you know.”

Harry laughed. “That’s good. But, uh, I need to take a shower so…”

Ginny nodded and left. She decided to go wake Joshua up, so she hummed all the way to his bedroom and lightly shook him awake. “Mama, I don’ wanna get up,” he complained tiredly. “It’s still night-night time.”

Ginny laughed and pulled him up into her arms. She cautiously climbed down the stairs with Joshua on her hip, and she walked up to the bathroom. Luckily, Harry was in his bathrobe.

“Ooh! I’m sorry! I forgot!” Ginny looked like she would rather like to run out. Harry just laughed.

“Ginny, we’re married. Besides, I’m dressed!” He held out his arms as if to show his bathrobe, which promptly began to fall off. Ginny giggled and politely turned around as Harry prevented it from falling down any more. “Alright, you can turn around.”

Ginny turned around, to find Harry and herself face-to-face. She lowered her head, and went to turn, but Harry caught her in a kiss. Ginny giggled to herself and pulled away. Suddenly, she was serious. “Are you sure that…that it’s not contagious?”

Harry understood why she was concerned, but shook his head. “I don’t care. I don’t even know if it is. Probably not, but I would die for you.”

Ginny smiled and let Harry pass her to go downstairs. She set down Joshua and began to pull him under the waterfall, but he responded with a chorus of protests. “I don’t wanna get wet, Mommy. I wanna go night-night.” Ginny laughed and pulled him all the way inside and got him undressed.

Joshua was still protesting, but Ginny pushed him into the warm water, and his complaints were silenced. She noticed that the bottom of the pond had risen, so the water was up to Joshua’s waist. This is too good of Hermione, Her head snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Joshua giggling. She saw that he had found the Koi, just as she had, and was playing with them. She only stopped when he began pulling them out of the water.

After fighting shampoo into his hair and a lot of struggling, Ginny was done giving Joshua his bath.

*

Fred and George had sent an owl to the Burrow telling them that they wouldn’t be there today, which was yesterday, so they were coming today. Joshua was over-excited and was currently running around in circles next to the fire place, until it turned green. Josh knew what was coming next, so he sat down as close as he could, waiting for his favorite uncles to appear. Surprisingly, Joshua was the only one who could tell Fred and George apart. Fred came first. “Uncle Fwed!” Josh cried jubilantly. George came back, looking huffy. “Fred, you always go first. It was my turn.” The twins often fought about who would come through Floo first, for they loved to see Josh before the other brother. George snatched Josh away from Fred, but only to the little boy’s delight. When the twins started playing a sort of tug-of-war with Joshua, Ginny intervened. “Now boys, don’t rip my son in half, please.” Fred and George laughed and brought Joshua up to their bedroom to show him their latest product. Young as he was, Joshua understood and loved them all. Ginny went outside upon hearing the familiar explosions from the upstairs bedroom

Harry watched Ginny sneak outside, and promptly followed. He caught up with her, and they walked hand-in-hand to the broom shed. Ginny pulled out Harry’s old Firebolt, and he pulled out his new LightningSpark 3000. Of course, Harry was faster, but Ginny had gotten a lot better. They didn’t play Quidditch, per se; they just saw who could catch the snitch first.

Ginny was in the lead, but Harry was following closely behind. Soon, they were ear-to-ear, so she gave him a playful shove. He zoomed to the left, catching him off-guard. He started to fall, but Ginny did a back-flip and landed under him just in time. He fell onto her broom, hands around her waist. “Brace yourself!” He heard her voice against the wind. She suddenly jumped off the broom, startling Harry, but he quickly grabbed the broom handle in front of him. Turns out, they were three feet above the ground. Ginny laughed at his surprised look when she showed him the snitch that she had caught quite gracefully. “You lose…again.”

Harry groaned and shook his head. They had made a deal in their little game. If Ginny won, Harry would have to watch Joshua while Ginny brought fifty Galleons into Diagon Alley to get what she pleased. Of course, they had PLENTY more gold, but Joshua could be a handful. In turn, if Harry won, Ginny would have to rub his back for half an hour. He hadn’t gotten a backrub in years. “Ginny, can we change the deal?”

She laughed. “Not on my part. And only a minor change on your part.”

“I dunno…it’s kind of big.” Harry was serious now. “Ginny, if I win, you have to stay alive long enough for us to see our grandchildren grow up.”

Ginny gave Harry a pained expression and began uncontrollably sobbing onto his shoulder. “Harry…”

Harry hugged her tightly and led her inside.

Later that evening, the family was enjoying a dinner of mashed potatoes and gravy. Fred and George were showing off their latest product, which made the eater giggle uncontrollably, until swallowing the green candy. Then, they would begin crying until eating the red candy. From there, they would be too happy, until swallowing the blue candy. This candy made the taker faint again and again until swallowing the yellow potion, which would make the cycle repeat. The only thing that stopped the cycle was the purple potion.

The family laughed at all of Fred and George’s stories of the test-takers’ and the customers’ reactions.

Nobody noticed when Harry slipped into the living room and by the fire. Nobody saw him take a handful of Floo powder and toss it into the flames. And nobody heard when he whispered, “Saint Mungo’s.”