Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Conflict by grangergurl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay, it's really short, but the next one is going to be a whopper of a chapter, I promise!!
“Luna, stop fidgeting! You’ll ruin your hair. And quit grabbing at your dress!” Molly was hysterical. In fact, she was more anxious than the bride herself! Luna just paced and sometimes sat down in an agitated silence. Molly, however, was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. “Ginny,” she squawked, “Hurry and put on your make-up. Dry those tears, dear. It’s a happy day!” Molly pulled her daughter into a hurried embrace and rushed off to help with Her Majesty Gabrielle’s hair.

*

Neville was as nervous, if not more nervous, than Molly. “Harry, tell me it’s all a dream, or convince me to back out or something!” Ron and Harry exchanged glances. “Neville, it took you four years to pluck up the courage to ask Luna to marry you. Do you really want to back out now?” Harry questioned him. Neville instantly shut his mouth. “Now, Ron, we need to hurry and check on Dean.”

*

The Wedding March resounded through the air as the organ played itself. It was perfect. Well, almost perfect, at least. The little flower girl stumbled and nearly hit a chair, but the rose petals were of a nice quality. Neville shifted from one foot to the other at the end of the aisle, eager to see Luna, but dreading exchanging vows. The bridesmaids floated down the rows of chairs. Ginny glanced down the rows on her left and right to see who was attending. She looked back at the alter and saw Justin Flitch-Fletchey in the preacher’s position and Harry, who was trying to soothe Neville.

Suddenly, Ginny’s attention was drawn back to the audience. Her vision snapped on a lovely woman in the back row, sitting on a rock. The Faerie Queen? Yes, it was indeed the revered queen herself. Staff in hand, butterfly on shoulder, wings and all, milky skin contrasting against fiery hair, it was truly her, wearing a flowing blue gown which gave her a most proud, dignified look. Ginny suppressed a snort. Leave it to Luna to have the gall to the invite the Faerie Queen. That wasn’t the end of the surprises, though. Wonders of wonders! The Lady of the Lake was standing on the water of the pond in the corner, straining to see the bride.

Ginny was amazed that a lady as prideful as herself would come to a lowly wedding as theirs. And Ginny thought she saw the Forest Faerie hiding in some bushes. Ginny finally came to the end of the aisle and took her place behind Luna. It was time.

*

At the reception, Luna started showing off her silver ring, which even Gabrielle envied. Harry was laughing at Neville’s ring, which resembled vines wrapping around his finger. Neville held his head high and proclaimed his endless love for Luna. The Lady of the Lake gave her quick blessing and had to quickly report to another urgent matter, promising to come back as soon as possible, but the Faerie Queen was staying for the whole reception. She was speaking with the Forest Faerie, who had, indeed, been hiding in the bushes. Nobody really heard what they were saying, for it was in the soft language of the Faeries, but they admired the melodious voice of the Queen and the sweet voice of the Forest Faerie.

The cake was delightful, as were the sweets. The little children giggled and played, but one little girl was sitting on the Faerie Queen’s lap, quietly talking to her. The Forest Faerie was playing with the children, seemingly overcoming her shyness. The Lady of the Lake, who had just come back, was speaking with the bride and groom. Strange creatures were everywhere, Elves and Unicorns, and Luna had even invited a few Dwarves. Ginny swore she saw a Troll.

Now, you may remember that all weddings have there…erm…perks. This wedding’s perk was in the form of two dozen garden gnomes coming up to see what the racket was. The outcome of this little perk was running, screaming, and the Forest Faerie positively shrieking in terror. Harry and Ron started throwing them in the air, with a disapproving Faerie Queen shaking her head behind them.

After the little squabble, it was time for dancing. Neville had (thankfully) improved on his dancing, and Luna only had her toes stepped on twice. Ginny spun around with Harry, laughing and emitting a few gasps as he dropped her and caught her right next to the ground. The Faerie Queen was dancing with one of the Elves, and they were quite a pair.

Now, you will be surprised that nobody noticed that right behind the punch table, in front of a few bushes and shrubs, probably many flowers, a figure stood. No, nobody even noticed the dark figure, in his long cloak with the long hood. But it was not long enough to hide a lock of silver-blonde hair. Nobody noticed that the figure was watching their every move. No, not one person, not even the Faerie Queen, noticed that Draco Malfoy was within their defensive perimeter. Not one.