Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Third War by dumbledorefluertwins

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry for the long wait, guys! My beta had exams so, understandably, it was a bit late back. I've sent my next chapter off so hopefully I can submit it soon.
By the way, I entered a challenge fic, called Myrtles Vision and it only got one review :( where were you all?! Lol, just kidding, but as always, please leave a review (constructive criticsm and what you think is gonna happen next are always welcome!) for this fic so that it's not as dissapointing!
Also, I know that this chapter is a bit boring; it's just setting the scene. The next two chapters are also just mainly dialouge and description, although I sincerly hope that they are a bit more interesting, but after that I promise that there is going to be a MASSIVE battle with a couple of people dying. So, sorry for such a boring chappie here - don't give up though!






Lillian blearily opened her eyes. She was lying on a large four poster bed in the most beautiful room she’d ever seen. The bed was pale gold and silk curtains were tied with a soft white rope to each mahogany post. The walls were snowy white, with a golden border at the bottom, the ceiling was gold. Two large windows that reached the floor could be opened onto a small balcony, which looked out at miles and miles of thick rainforest, thirty feet below. A soft white carpet covered the floor, and several elegant wooden tables, painted the same shade as the bed, were lined at the foot of her bed. Each one had a wooden bowl, decorated with tiny golden swirls, filled with the most delicious looking (and smelling) food. One had large ripe strawberries; another had very large juicy looking oranges; fresh blueberry muffins; grapes; an assortment of seafood; a selection of meat; cheese and crackers; and one bowl with melted chocolate and fruit kebabs to dip in.





Antique toys were arranged in one corner of the room. The many dolls and the rocking horse were dressed in pale gold and white, and a large, old, mahogany wardrobe was at the other side of the room, filled with beautiful robes that looked too expensive to touch.





Lillian was very hungry, and the inviting smell of the bowl with the chocolate was extremely tempting. But she knew she mustn’t eat; the last thing she remembered was being knocked out by Bellatrix Lestrange and the food could very well be spiked with some sort of potion. The mahogany door was sure to be locked but Lillian went over and tried the (she shuddered at the thought) ivory handle. To her great surprise, the door opened with click and swung open into a long corridor, with fine Persian rugs covering the cold wooden floor. There were seven mahogany doors and several expensive vases and marble statues. She opened the door opposite her with a shaking hand. This room was almost exactly like hers, except that instead of gold, the colour theme was a pale blue. On the bed, sleeping peacefully, was Danny.





“Danny! Danny! Wake up!” She shook his shoulder gently and he groaned.





“Go away, Mum… good dream… there was a giant turnip…” Lillian blinked and looked at him strangely before shaking him again, more impatiently this time.





“What the hell!?” Danny exclaimed wildly, sitting up and looking round his room in confusion. Lillian laughed softly.





“What were you saying about turnips?” Danny blushed muttered something under his breath. Lillian smirked.





“Where are we?” Danny asked. Lillian shrugged.





“Dunno, we’re in a really posh house, surrounded by rainforest. We could be anywhere, but I think we’re somewhere in South America.”





“Food! I’m starving!” Danny spotted the food and leapt towards it but Lillian held him back.





“Aw, come on, Lils, I can practically feel my spine through my stomach!”





“It might be poisoned or spiked with truth potion or-”





“Okay, okay, I get the picture,” he sighed. “Have you met anyone else yet?” Lillian shook her head.





“No, you were the first door I tried.”





“The doors are unlocked?” She rolled her eyes.





“How else do you think I got in?” He scowled at her.





“Come on,” she said, “let’s look for Jamie and the others you were with.” They quietly went out into the corridor and Lillian decided to try the door next to her room.





“You try this one,” she said, pointing to the door next to Danny’s room. He nodded and entered, she caught a glimpse of a green bed before the door swung shut. She crossed the corridor and pushed open the door.





“Lily! Thank Merlin!”





“Sirius?! Oh, they got you too!” He sat on his pure white bed, huddled against the headboard, shaking violently. She ran over and engulfed him in a warm hug.





“I’m scared, Lily. I was just reading and they Apparated right into my room! And now I’m here and I’m surrounded by rainforest and-” Lillian made hushing noises.





“Hey, I’m here with you now “ we’re going to be alright. Mum and Dad will come and get us. They’ll let us go once they know who our Dad is! I bet they’ll beg for forgiveness ‘cos they’ll be so terrified.” Sirius gave a watery chuckle.





“You’re so silly, Lils.” She laughed too.





“Yeah, I s’pose I am. Now come on “ we’ve got to see who else is here and what’s going on.” Taking him by the hand, she gently pulled him out into the corridor, where Danny was just exiting with a girl. She had mousy brown hair and was rather short. A scowl decorated her face.





“This is Camilla. She’s in Slytherin.”





“Lily, and this is my brother, Sirius. We’re pleased to meet you.” Lillian put her hand out to shake. Camilla eyed it suspiciously before taking it and letting go quickly.





“I think the quickest thing to do is for Camilla and I search the rooms on the right hand side and you two to search the rooms on the left hand side.” Danny looked down the corridor. “Actually, we only have one room left to search you have two. We’ll meet back here when we’ve checked them all and we’ll try and find our way out of here.” They nodded and split up. Lily walked to the next door, Sirius following close behind, holding the hem of her jumper. She pushed open the door to find-





“Jamie! Stop eating!”





“But I’m hungry!” Jamie said, biting into an apple and flopping onto his red bed.





“How much of that food have you eaten!?” He shrugged and started to take another bite but Lillian jumped on top of him and wrestled it out of his grip.





“Hasn’t Dad taught you anything!? That food could be spiked with truth potion or some other horrible potion!” She hissed, trying to keep her voice down; the longer the Death Eaters believed them to be asleep the better. Jamie rolled his eyes.





“It’s fine, Lily.”





“No it’s not fine! Why don’t you understand? The last thing I remember is being knocked out by Bellatrix Lestrange “ we’ve been kidnapped by Death Eaters! And you’re here eating and lounging about as if… as if…ugh! She had no more to say. She grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the room, fuming.





“Now, wait here for Danny to come out of that room “ he’ll probably have someone with him. Sirius, you make sure he doesn’t wander off.” Jamie scowled.





“I don’t need Sirius to babysit me!” Lily gave him a death glare and went into the next room. At first, she thought it was gold, like hers, but as she came closer she could see that it was actually sunshine yellow. A girl with olive coloured skin and dark black hair was deep in sleep. Lily went over quietly.





“Hey, hey. Wake up.” The girl groaned softly and her eyes flickered open. She looked up at Lillian with dark chocolate coloured eyes which suddenly went wide as she remembered.





“The Death Eaters! Merlin I… wow,” she said, looking around the room. “Where are we?”





“I’m not sure exactly… come on, I’ll introduce you to the others.” The girls left the room, where everyone was waiting.





“Everyone, this is…” Lillian trailed off, realising with horror that she had not even asked the girls name. But, the girl smiled.





“Rosaline Cutts, Rosa for short.”





“Lily,” said Lillian, shaking hands.





“Sirius,” said Sirius following suit.





“Nicolas,” said a boy with dark curly hair. Lillian assumed that this was the boy Danny had met.





“Danny.”





“Camilla.” When Rosa reached Jamie, however, Jamie shook hands and turned slightly pink. She smiled, confused.





“Do you have a name?” He nodded. “Are you going to tell me what it is?” Jamie nodded again. “Well? What is it?” Jamie seemed to suddenly realise that he’d been silent and turned a slightly deeper shade of red.





“Oh! Um… Jamie… Potter,” he said, with something of a swagger. Rosa blinked in surprise, her smile becoming larger.





“Potter? Wow… oh, you two must be…” she pointed to Lillian and Sirius who were both desperately trying not to burst into peals of laughter at their brother’s obvious crush on Rosa.





“Yes,” said Lillian, finally, “we’re his siblings.” Lillian turned to the boy who had earlier introduced himself as Nicolas.





“I’m so sorry, I haven’t really introduced myself properly,” she said, politely, “Lily.”





“Nicolas,” he said, glancing around nervously, “Posh place, innit?” But before they could reply, a new, unfamiliar voice called down the hallway.





“Ahh, children. I’m glad you’re awake; we were getting quite worried about you. Come with me.”