Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Marauders' Trademark by LexiGirl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I apologise to anyone who was hoping my other story would be updated before this one, but The Lost Prophesy needs quite a bit of work on chapter twelve. So...again, I'm sorry.
Ginny sighed and rolled over in her bed to face Harry who was in the chair beside her. “You should go home and get some sleep, Harry,” Ginny said yawning. She had only just woken up and was still exhausted. Neither she nor Harry were expecting five babies. They had sworn that it was only twins and couldn’t even be triplets.

“I wouldn’t be able to sleep anyways,” Harry yawned. He noticed that he still had Albus in his arms. Albus Ronald Potter already had an unruly tuft of red hair and seemed to be the calmest of the three.

Ginny smiled as she noticed her husband staring at their fourth child. Sighing, Ginny turned over and closed her eyes in attempt to sleep again. Ginny grunted in protest and threw the hospital blankets off of her self to stand up.

Harry looked up at her curiously. “Can’t sleep?” he asked with one eyebrow raised.

“Ruddy mattress is too hard,” she mumbled as she stood up. Instantly she threw her hands out to steady her self as she felt her head spin in circles.

“Are you alright?” Harry asked as he helped his wife sit back down.

“I’m fine…just a little dizzy.”

“No wonder, you just gave birth to five babies. You just relax and I can get you anything you need. Besides, the Healers have insisted that you remain in bed,” Harry said smiling as he pushed Ginny’s fiery red hair back behind her ear.

“I just wanted to hold one of the babies,” Ginny sighed glancing across the room at the three bassinets against the wall with small colourful magical devices monitoring their breathing. Harry grinned and placed the peacefully sleeping Albus in her arms. A few moments later James started screaming and had efficiently awoken Sirius in the process. Harry sighed and crossed the room to his sons. I had best get used to this, he told himself as he scooped one up in each arm.

Harry set Sirius in Ginny’s lap and sat down beside her on the bed. Sirius and James both had jet black hair and both fussed quite often.

“Harry,” Ginny mumbled.

“Hmm?”

“I want to hold my other son and my only daughter!” she whispered. “Do you think we could go and see them?”

“I’m sure we can…we are their parents,” Harry grinned.

“Good,” Ginny said happily as she handed Sirius back to Harry and threw the blankets off of her self yet again.

“Ginny,” Harry scolded softly. “You are supposed to stay in bed!”

“I know…I don’t care,” Ginny said as she stood up slowly.


“I thought you were to remain in bed,” one of the Healers said with an eyebrow raised as the two walked down the hall; Harry levitating a small woven basket with the three boys in front of them.

“Er…Yes…but I feel fine! Besides Harry is helping me, so I don’t think anything will happen to me,” Ginny said quickly as Harry beamed at the young healer. “Could you point us in the direction of the nursery?”

“I’m guessing you two want to go and visit the other two?” Healer Macintosh asked smiling as she realised that nothing was going to keep them in their room. “They’re doing a lot better. They are both still on Magical Breathing assistance, but they are doing rather well. Oh, er…down this hall and to the right,” she said pointing down the dimly lit hall.

Ginny grinned and slowly walked down the hall and into the nursery clutching onto Harry’s left arm, pretending to use his assistance for balance. Harry carefully directed his wand and the bassinet to the floor.

“Aww,” Ginny exclaimed as she stopped next to the two bassinets that she automatically knew were her own children.

“May I help you?” a young lady asked from the shadows. “You must be Mr. and Mrs. Potter,” she said as she walked up to them.

“Yes,” Harry said quickly.

“Cedric and Lily are doing really well. Cedric might have breathing problems “ but nothing too serious. They’re both really small, but of course that is expected with having quintuplets. If you have any questions I’ll be in my office,” she said pointing behind her.

“They’re so small,” Ginny gasped as she knelt down next to Lily’s bassinet and laid her fingers against the glass over the top of her only daughter. Both


***


Ginny groaned as she sat up on the hospital mattress the next morning. She could see Harry across the room sitting in the chair with a navy blue bundle in his arms. Ginny stretched her arms above her head and walked over to scoop Sirius our of her husband’s lap. The two had been up half the night trying to get James and Sirius to stop crying and occasionally Albus would wake up and join in on the fit.

Sirius had his big eyes open and was staring at his mother. Ginny recognized his green eyes.

“And to think…”Harry mumbled. “We only managed three of them last night…” he said grinning. “Maybe Cedric and Lily will be more like Albus,” he sighed.

“Shall I go and get us some breakfast?” Harry asked yawning.

“I’ll come with you!” Ginny said quickly. Placing the wide eyed Sirius into the woven traveling basket with a breathing monitor hooked up to it and crossed the room to pull on a pair of faded jeans.


***


“Ginny, Harry, there you two are,” Molly Weasley called across the visitor waiting room.

“Mum?” Ginny asked startled. “What are you doing here?”

Mrs. Weasley smiled ecstatically. “Hermione went into labour this morning.”

Ginny squealed, forgetting all about her hunger.

“She was only in labour for twenty minutes.”

“Lucky!” Ginny exasperated.

“Ron and Hermione now have two charming boys,” Molly beamed.

“Weasleys,” Harry heard Bill mutter sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

“Which room are they in?” Ginny asked excitedly.

“The one right next to yours,” Mrs. Weasley said.

Ginny squealed again and ran down the hall chanting ‘Ginny is an aunt’.


***


“Hermione!” Ginny exclaimed after she had realized her best friend was awake. “Congratulations! I’m so sorry…I didn’t even know until two minutes ago. I should have known! I should have_”

“Ginny, calm down,” Ron whispered.

“You’re fine Gin…how were you possibly supposed to know?” Hermione added in a quiet voice. It was then that Ginny noticed Ron and Hermione were both holding a baby. Ginny contained a squeal and took the boy out of Ron’s arms.

“Aww, he’s so cute…he’s got your face Ron!” Ginny said as the others walked into the room. “Now will you tell us what you plan on naming them?” Ginny asked beaming at her brother and best friend.

Hermione smirked. They had refused to tell anyone what they planned on naming their children until they were born. “Ginny, you’re holding Holden and I’ve got Reese,” Hermione answered, trying desperately to keep her eyes open.

“Oh, Hermione,” Mrs. Weasley said concernedly. “You had best get some rest.”


***


Hermione and Ginny were the only ones left in the room. Hermione had fallen asleep hours ago but Ginny had insisted on staying in her room until she woke up. Ginny was silently nodding off to sleep when she heard one of the babies beside her start to cry.

“Oh, James, you fuss too much,” Ginny whispered as she lifted him up. It was two in the afternoon and Ginny had been in the room with Hermione all that day. Occasionally one of the five babies in the room would start crying and Ginny would quiet them quickly so as to not wake the other babies or Hermione.

“Can I hold him?” Hermione asked just waking up. “Who is it?” she said rubbing her eyes.

“It’s James…” Ginny said. “Sirius will start in a moment, though,” Ginny added only a moment before Sirius started screaming.

“This is really cool, Ginny. We get to raise our children together. All seven of them will be so close.”

“Yup, the two of us tied with my mum and dad in two days. It took them thirteen years!” Ginny giggled. The two talked quietly until they heard a knock on the door. The door opened revealing the healer from the nursery.

“Mrs. Potter…I hoped I might find you in here…” she said smiling at the two friends. Ginny stood up.

“Cedric is strong enough to breathe on his own now.”

“And Lily?” Hermione asked concerned.

“She’s been steady for two hours,” the healer said.

“Thank you so much, Healer,” Ginny said to the young lady before she left. “I guess I had better go and find Harry,” she said as she switched children with Hermione.

“I’ll come with you,” Hermione said. “Besides, these mattresses are rocks.”

Levitating two baskets in front of them, the two talked happily as they walked down the hall towards the visitor waiting room where they found Harry and Ron playing Wizard’s Chess.

“Shh,” Ginny whispered as she placed the basket with James, Sirius and Albus on the ground next to Hermione. Slowly, she tip-toed towards her husband.

Harry jumped and whipped his wand out as Ginny grabbed his shoulders and said ‘Potter’ in her lowest voice. Ron screamed and fell off of the sofa sending Hermione into a fit of giggles.

“GINNY! You nearly gave me a heart attack!” Ron said blushing furiously.

“That was priceless!” Hermione said coming up behind them.

“The nursery healer says that Cedric and Lily are breathing on their own…” Ginny said tugging on Harry’s sleeve. “Come on, I want to go hold my babies,” Ginny whined.



Author's Notes: Currently I'm writing the sixth chapter of this story and I need your advice: As I have it written now this would be the last chapter where the seven kids are young. I originally had it written that the fourth chapter would automatically jump to their eleventh birthday, but then my younger sisters were complaining about them 'growing up to fast'. So...what do you think? I've started writing a chapter 3 1/2 for my sister and so far I'm quite pleased with it, but I'm not sure if I should submit it or not. Please tell me what you think in a review