Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Marauders' Trademark by LexiGirl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I know it took forever. But, trust me, I have a reason, and chapter updates will take a lot longer now. I just need to work a few things out. So, I'm sorry. So... meaning that I made you all suffer ever-so-terribly I'll give you a short exerpt:

“I thought you said you were getting the key for the broom shed?!” Cedric exclaimed as Sirius came back to the group empty handed.

“Oh Merlin…” James muttered. “Mum’s got it, doesn’t she?” Sirius nodded as all seven of them began to form a plan.

“Alright…” Holden whispered as they tightened their circle. They were outside in desperate attempts to avoid attention. “Sirius, Albus and Reese…you three start a riot of some sort. Get all the cousins wound up,” Holden said.
:/ I don't know, hopefully the exerpt will at least keep you all from tarring and feathering me!
“Good morning Lily, you’re up early,” Ginny said, not looking away from the sink where she had been washing dishes.

“James woke Neville up at seven and Nev hasn’t stopped crying since… but James got back to sleep fine! Please, mum can I have a room on the third floor?” Lily moaned

Ginny raised an eyebrow at her oldest daughter. “No, you may not…Is Neville still crying?” Ginny asked, drying her hands on a towel.

“Probably,” Lily yawned rubbing her emerald green eyes. “Hey, mum, can I go play Quidditch?!” she asked excitedly as she threw her hair into a pony-tail in a record of three seconds. Ginny had to stop herself from laughing, though it sounded awkward, pulling here hair out of her face faster than you can see her move could be considered one of her daughter’s talents.

“No, Lily, we’re going over to the Burrow for your birthday party and I don’t want you to get dirty,” Ginny sighed as she walked through the kitchen towards the stairs.

“I could take another bath,” Lily moaned as she ran to catch up with her mother.

“You can play after the party, Lily,” Ginny said trying to hide a smile. She reminds me a lot of myself at that age, Ginny told herself.


***


“Hey, Sirius,” Lily said as she shook her brother vigorously. She bent over her brother slowly. “Sirius, wake up!!!” she screamed in his ear.

“LILY!!” Sirius jumped, throwing the covers off of him and the bundle landed on the floor in a tangled heap. “What do you want?” Sirius groaned glaring at her with matching emerald eyes.

“I’m sneaking out to play Quidditch, do you want to come?” she whispered excitedly as she carelessly tossed his blankets over the top of his head and turned to leave the room, not waiting for an answer.

“Yeah, wait for me!” Sirius answered excitedly as he jumped out of bed. “I’ll go wake up James! You get_” he shouted as he ran for the door still in his pajamas.

“NO!” Lily shouted bolting around and grabbing onto his sleeve. “James isn’t invited…stupid dolt woke me up too early!”

“Aw, come on Lils. It’s no fun with James not playing,” Sirius moaned. “I’m waking him up anyways!”

“No your not!” Lily commanded with her hands on her hips, glaring at him.

“Quit acting like mum, Lily,” Sirius said as he turned towards the door.

“If you insist on James playing then I will wake him up!” Lily smirked. “You get Cedric and Albus.

Sirius smirked. “Hey, do you think we could sneak into the South wing and get Reese and Holden, too?”

“Yeah, I’ll get them…you worry about Cedric and Albus…besides, Cedric isn’t the easiest person to wake,” Lily said as she turned and carefully left Sirius’ cluttered room to keep from stopping on ‘unknown’ objects, her fiery red hair bobbing up and down in her newly-fixed ponytail. “Oh! And don’t wake Lu up… she was really cranky this morning!” she added peering back through the doorway.


***


“JAMES!” Lily screamed in her brother’s ear.

“Ahh!” James yelled as he fell out of his bed shock written all over his face.

“Get up dear brother,” Lily cooed. “Don’t you want to wish me a happy birthday?!” she spoke in perfect imitation of what James had said to wake Neville up.

James grunted and rubbed the back of his head where he had fallen on it. He instantly began grumbling, all the while sending his sister a death-glare.

“Get up and dressed or we’ll leave without you,” Lily said plainly as she threw a spare pillow in his face. Lily left the room chuckling as she heard James grumble “stupid sister…why couldn’t we just have another brother...?”

Lily sighed and skipped down the hallways towards the South tower. The Potters lived in the East tower of Potter Manor, meaning that it was the biggest and could best suit seven kids. Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron “ as well as their four kids - had lived in the South tower for the last seven years and the arrangement had worked perfectly when the seven kids wished to make ‘plans’ of who-knows-what to anyone older than twenty. Or so the children though, but every single one of the adults knew what was going on in those little ‘meetings’.

Smiling, Lily crept into the South Tower kitchen knowing that Reese and Holden would be up to something. Lily turned the door handle quietly before throwing it open with a loud BANG.

Reese and Holden, who had been sitting on the floor in the center of the room jumped at the sound and flung there arms around each other and sat trembling with their eyes firmly closed.

“LILY!” they both yelled as they finally opened their eyes and seen their red-haired cousin in the doorway doubling over in laughter.

“Come on,” Lily said after she could breathe again. “We’re sneaking out to play Quidditch “ if you want to come.” She quickly turned and left the kitchen leaving Reese and Holden sitting on the floor comprehending what had just happened.

“Hey wait…” Holden called as the two scrambled off of the floor. “Lily…”

“I want to play,” a seven year old boy with curly brown hair cried out as he bolted out from underneath a rather large cabinet and ran into the hallway where the three eleven year-olds were standing.

“Go away, Remus,” Reese said as the three walked past him.

“But I want to play too,” Remus moaned as he ran to catch up with them. “I’ll tell mummy.”

“Alright Remus…we’ll let you play_” Holden said smirking.

“YAY!”

“_But right now we already have seven players,” Holden continued.

“So…after we all leave for the Burrow there won’t be seven players anymore and then you could play…deal?” Reese finished holding his hand out to his younger brother who grinned and shook it wildly.

“Okay,” little Remus said nodding his head vigorously with a grin plastered to his face. “I’m going to go wait in my room. Come and get me when I can play.” He turned around and quickly hobbled to his room whispering excitedly to himself all the way there.

“Works every time,” Lily said snickering. “Come on. Sirius should have Albus up by now… at the least.”

“What about Cedric?” Reese asked as they continued their way down the many stairs and hallways.

“Pf! I don’t even know if he’ll wake up for cake…”


***


“Are we going to actually play a game? Because we have an odd number,” James said after the seven of them had retrieved their brooms from the shed.

“No,” Lily answered. “Mum said that I’m not allowed to play Quidditch because I’d get dirty…so this is just practice.” Lily flipped open the trunk containing the four balls and jumped into the air on her broom “ an old Nimbus2001. The boys quickly followed her into the air.

“Er…Lily…maybe we shouldn’t even practice…you know how angry mum gets when you twist the rules,” Albus said as his sister slowed down near the goal posts to search for the golden Snitch.

“I’m not breaking the rules, Al…just twisting them!” Lily said as she zoomed off in the other direction.

“That’s what I’m worried about!” he screamed after her. Lily waved her hand at him and continued to zoom around the pitch searching for the Snitch.

“Cedric…Reese!” James shouted on the other side of the field having only just missed a gruesome attack by one of the Bludgers. “The point of the bat is to hit the Bludgers!”

“Got it!” Cedric and Reese cried simultaneously as they shot past James causing him to drop the Quaffle.

“You idiot!” Sirius yelled as he bolted towards the ground for the ball. “The point, James, is to put this, the Quaffle, through one of those hoops!”

“Oh, very smart Sirius…did you figure that out in your head?!”

Sirius rolled his eyes and the two laughed as they carefully tossed the red ball between the two of them and Holden.

“LILY GINEVRA POTTER!!!” their mum shouted from below. All seven brooms abruptly stopped in the air.

“Uh oh…” Holden mocked as Lily flew past him towards the ground.

“AND DON’T EVEN THINK YOU BOYS WILL GET OUT OF THIS EITHER!!!”

“Uh oh…” Lily mocked back as all seven of them landed. Ginny Potter stood with her hands on her hips and her long red hair pulled back into a loose ponytail.

“You…” she scolded pointing at her daughter, “are grounded from Quidditch for the rest of the day…and the rest of you, get inside.” The seven kids turned acting very solemn with their heads low, but Ginny knew better. They were all secretly snickering and planning something for the ‘birthday bash’ later that night.


***

“Oh Lily, you look so cute in those little dress robes!” Molly Weasley cried as Ginny and Hermione walked through the back door of the Burrow with eleven kids surrounding them. Ron and Harry had ventured off to find Mr. Weasley in the Garden.

James and Cedric snickered as they watch their sister grunt her dissatisfaction to the grandmother’s comment. Lily glared at her brothers and pushed Cedric roughly on the shoulder as she slid past them to the other room.

“Really mum, I don’t know why you insist on her wearing dress robes,” Ginny sighed as she set her youngest daughter in the small play pen in the corner of the kitchen. Luna-Neoma was Harry and Ginny’s last child. She was a feisty two year old with her father’s jet black hair and very peculiar sky-blue eyes. “She likes them just about as much as I did!”

“But you looked like an angel in little dress robes, Ginny dear,” Molly cooed, trying not to laugh and her daughter’s disgusted face that almost perfectly matched Lily’s.

The bushy red-haired girl in Hermione’s arms squawked in protest and reached towards the play pen. Hermione laughed and placed Harmonie down beside Luna-Neoma.

“Those two are inseparable aren’t they?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

Ginny and Hermione laughed silently as they stared at their daughters.


***


“I thought you said you were getting the key for the broom shed?!” Cedric exclaimed as Sirius came back to the group empty handed.

“Oh Merlin…” James muttered. “Mum’s got it, doesn’t she?” Sirius nodded as all seven of them began to form a plan.

“Alright…” Holden whispered as they tightened their circle. They were outside in desperate attempts to avoid attention. “Sirius, Albus and Reese…you three start a riot of some sort. Get all the cousins wound up,” Holden said.

They all grinned mischievously as they imagined what would happen from there.

“The aunts will go berserk!” Lily said, smirking.

“Exactly! Then the uncles will have to stop it,” Cedric added. “Now to distract grandmum… she’s going to be the worst,” as Cedric finished all six boys turned towards Lily.

“Grandmum is out of the way,” Lily said simply thinking up a plan for her self. “Now we have seven aunts to worry about…not to mention mum.”

“So…Cedric, Holden…you can sing right?” James said smirking. Lily, Sirius, Albus and Reese slapped their hands over their mouths in anticipation of the after effects of their whole scheme.

“Let’s do it!” Lily and Reese shouted.