Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Pardon me, but have we met before? by remus R us

Printer
Summary: There are no strangers in the world, only friends waiting to meet. What if our favourite werewolf and Auror had met long ago, but were unaware of it? What if their paths continued to cross throughout the years, each unaware of how their lives will become entwined? This story is a series of encounters between RL and NT, culminating in their first real introduction.


I have not updated in a while as my PC crashed. Just wanted to tell you all, "I'll be back!"
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Remus/Tonks
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 4 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 11454 Viewcount: 9916
Published on: 12/04/06 Updated On: 04/25/07





1. Angel of Joy by remus R us [ - ] (1002 words)
Being a huge fan of the Tonks-Remus ship, I was dissatisfied with the number of stories about their first meeting. It’s usually when Remus tries to recruit for the order or at an Order of the Phoenix meeting. Not to mention Tonks tripping over the Troll’s leg umbrella and falling into Remus’s arms. While I have nothing to complain about these stories, they are so repetitive. I just wanted to do it differently “ Remus trips over. He is fourteen, Tonks is one. And they are not falling in love. Not yet.

This fic is dedicated to all authors of the RLNT ship, especially Kerichi, Queriusole, Mrs.Tater, Gilpin, the few I have had the privilege to meet online. I have been threatening Kerichi with a romance fic for a long time. Hope she doesn’t skewer me!

2. Angel of Mercy by remus R us [ - ] (1814 words)
I thank all readers for the response to the first chapter. Romance is not my forte, but I had fun writing this story. This chapter is slightly ‘angsty-pangsty’ as the mood demands it. So, bear with the brooding.
3. Angel of Hope by remus R us [ - ] (2653 words)
When I had planned this chapter, I had no idea that it would be up around Christmas time. The story seems apt for the season as I personally feel that Christmas is all about Hope. Though the story gets posted much after Christmas, I am sure that the spirit of the season lingers.

I thank Kerichi for enlightening me on some Christmas traditions. If I have erred somewhere or portrayed something wrongly, the error is fully mine, as Christmas is not a festival that I celebrate, being of a different faith. However, I admire the spirit of this festival and have put up a small Christmas tree for my daughter’s sake. She is engrossed by the fairy lights and a fat, bearded man whom she calls ‘Tansa’!

Merry Christmas to one and all!

4. Angel of Courage by remus R us [ - ] (5985 words)
A very Happy New Year to all readers. I have had a harrowing experience, and wanted to share the same with you. Due to some technical fault, I couldn’t access my own stories on the Internet from my account. All my e-mails were also showing a blank where the body of message should be. Finally, when the problem was set right, my folders have been hidden in the re-formatting process. And I am waiting for my technician to turn up for the past two months to retrieve the same. A warning to all writers “ please do periodic back-ups of your files and to be written stories/plots/thoughts. It made me wish for the long lost days of ink and paper.

On a happier note, I am absolutely delighted with the response that this story has received so far. At this rate, I might become a ‘romance’ writer, I think (shudders at the thought). I am planning to list my humour fics, ‘Casting Grouch’ and ‘Mission Implausible’ as RLNT Romance fics too. (Hint! Hint!)

This chapter and the next one draw heavily on the article “Quirrell’s Leave of Absence” by Melissa Erin Friedline on HP-lexicon.org. I have been remiss in thanking Kerichi for the line ‘Remus smiled’ in this series. When she gave the first chapter a once over, she suggested that line. But I liked it so much that I decided to end all chapters on that line. Thanks K! I have altered the interaction between Remus and Snape on her suggestion. I hate Snape, though!

And before you think that Remus is ‘robbing the cradle’, Remus and Tonks haven’t fallen in love. Yet.

* * *