Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Unpredicted Happenings by Ron x Hermione

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I would like to thank my wonderful beta, solemnlyswear_x. You were awesome, thank you so much for helping me!

This was written for the New Year's Challenge, for prompt number five, The Sign of the Green Dragon. Please review!

NOTE: I do not own Ron and Hermione. I just own Jenna, because, I actually made her up. I also own the plot. I will return everything back to JKR when I'm finished. Maybe.
Though her time here on this earth had been cut short, she had still been loved. Loved fiercely.

The two had had the best marriage; fairytale wedding, beautifully in love, and they had even had a child… a little girl by the name of Jenna.

But she was dead now. Voldemort had once again taken his deathly toll on their lives, and had even taken their child.

At their own home in Godric’s Hollow, Ron and Hermione had been at a peak in their lives. Ron was moving his way up in the community, doing his dream job: An Auror.

Hermione had been a quiet, stay-at-home mother that had cared for Jenna while Ron was gone. The girl was three, after all.

But Voldemort had snatched them away, just like he had so many others.

Hermione, and even Jenna, were both dead “ by the deadly curse of the Avada Kedavra. Ron was completely heartbroken; no matter how much he wished or stayed in his reverie, he knew that nothing could bring them back.

Hermione startlingly looked up from laying Jenna in her crib. Immediately, the baby started crying, and reaching out for her mother. Hermione scooped her back and laid her in her arms.

BANG!

The sound had come from the kitchen. It sounded like the same sounds that came from Fred and George’s bedrooms so long ago “ the same blasting and crashing things around.

Hermione intended to place Jenna back in her crib to check out the noise, but she started screaming again. Hermione, still glancing through the doorway, picked up the small girl and rubbed her back, muttering, “Shhhh…”

Another bang.

“What in the name of Merlin?” Hermione thought, taking Jenna in the next room and walking down the stairs.

Her heart nearly exploded in her chest as she realized where the source of the noise was coming from.

A man with pale, ghostly white skin, long, yellowing fingernails, and nearly slits for eyes stood in the kitchen with an evil grin upon his face. Her slowly started strolling towards the two, wand in hand.

Voldemort.

Hermione gasped, nearly dropping Jenna. She took a step backwards, firmly clamping her hands around the child, shielding her from the horrid thing that had just entered the house.

“Well…Mrs. Granger. Funny how I should see you here.” He said shakily, coming to a stop near the fireplace on the other side of the room.

Hermione opened her mouth to speak, yet no words formed from her throat.

“Are you…frightened by my appearance? Surely you would have known I was coming.” He sneered, looking at her almost comically.

Hermione stared at him, head erect, and shook her head shakily. She wasn’t going to be frightened by him. She was going to be brave.

She knew what he intended to do.

“N-No-” she started. She looked down and saw that Jenna was asleep in her arms.

“Ah…but you should have known. Little Harry’s always been afraid of me killing those he’s closest to. Well, now it’s happening.”

Hermione closed her eyes tightly, wishing that the thing in front of her would just go away.

When she opened them again, the man was still there. Hermione began to breathe very rapidly; she was frightened beyond anything that she had ever imagined. Hogwarts had had many dangers in and around itself, yet she herself had never come face to face with You-Know-Who.

“Harry’s been destroying my Horcruxes. Hasn’t he, Mrs. Granger?” Voldemort asked laughably, looking her straight in the eyes.

“Close your mind, Hermione,” she told herself abruptly, realizing what he was doing. He was trying to read her mind.

“He has…” he said tauntingly to the woman, reaching out to stroke her cheek with his wand. Hermione closed her eyes and tried to think of something else, just wishing that he wasn’t here…

All of a sudden, Hermione heard a pop. She imagined the worst possible scenario: Death Eaters filling every inch of her house, taking her child away, killing them both…

She opened her eyes slowly and saw Voldemort staring at something in the fireplace.

It was Ron’s head.

“Hermione, how are things-” he immediately stopped speaking upon the stranger he saw in the room. The silence was deafening.

“V-Vo-Vol-” he stuttered, trying to get the words out. Hermione just stared back at him with absolutely no expression on her face. She was terrified to even breath at the moment; she didn’t how Voldemort would react, and he could strike her dead on the spot with her husband watching without thinking.

She realized that she hadn’t breathed in a full minute, and paused to softly let it out. Voldemort did not stir, nor did Ron.

They all just stood there, watching and staring, for the longest time. Ron’s eyes continued to move back and forth from Hermione and Jenna to Voldemort. Jenna lay in Hermione’s arms like a rag doll, asleep, unaware that the Wizarding World’s greatest fear and enemy was in their very home. Hermione still had her arms wrapped around the child, protecting her.

There was another pop and a quick crack as Ron disappeared from the fireplace and Apparated into the room.

Upon seeing the man enter, Voldemort responded by grabbing Hermione by the hair and yanking her back, pointing his wand at her throat. Hermione gasped in surprise and pain, but still didn’t let go of the sleeping girl.

But Jenna now sat up, her eyes opening sleepily. She started to wail again.

“Let them go!” Ron yelled, pointing his wand at the Dark Lord, now sneering.

“What are you going to do about it? I could… kill her-” he said, jabbing the wand at her throat once more. “Or your little daughter perhaps?” he asked; now pointing the wand in Jenna’s direction. Jenna looked up at him, and realizing that he was stranger, started to wail even more.

“STOP! EXPELLIARMUS!” Ron yelled furiously. With a flick of his wand, Voldemort blocked the spell, making the curse rebound upon Ron. Ron glanced at him for a moment before leaping across the room and hurriedly scuffling around trying to find the wand. He grabbed the wand and pointed it towards Voldemort once again.

But he had been too late.

Voldemort spun Hermione around with one arm, forcing her to the ground. She hit her head forcefully on the hardwood floor, nearly knocking her unconscious. She now was disoriented, and her head spun slightly at the impact. Jenna flew out of Hermione’s arms, hopelessly landing right at the same distance between Voldemort and Ron.

As Ron made a dash to grab the child, Voldemort shot a jet of red light near his head. Ron fell to the ground, his hands over his head, crawling near Jenna. He finally reached her just as another spurt of green light broke some of the rock over his head from the fireplace. He cradled the child with a free hand while he put his body over her to protect her.

But Voldemort had been too fast for him. Pointing his wand at Hermione, Voldemort shot the dreaded jet of green light right her way. Ron’s screams filled the air as he realized what had just happened.

His wife- his wonderful, beautiful wife, was gone forever. Her eyes still lay open and her body still on the ground.

Ron stared at Voldemort with a look of pure detestation as he grabbed his own wand from the floor. Jenna stared up at him as he stood up.

“You son of a-” he started.

“Now, now. Language.” Voldemort teased with an evil smirk upon his face. With a wave of his wand, Ron went flying across the room, hitting the brick in the fireplace. He blacked out immediately.


When Ron had woke up, both of the people he had loved most in the world had been dead.