Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Unpredicted Happenings by Ron x Hermione

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I would like to, again, thank my lovely beta, solemnlyswear_x. Thanks again for all of your wonderful help, Melissa!

I really hope that you all are enjoying this fic so far. I know that I have writing it! This fic has a teensy-weeny bit of language, but nothing crazy. *giggles* First time I've ever done that!

NOTE: I do not own JKR's characters. I'm just borrowing them and will return them momentarily.

Well, not momentarily, but after the fic is finished. Maybe.

Please review!

The funeral had been a dismal one. After all, who has ever had a happy funeral?

Hermione’s parents had been completely inconsolable, as was Ron. He had literally stared into space the entire time, unbelieving that this was really and truly the last times that he would ever see his daughter and wife.

Hermione and Jenna had been buried side by side--- together. They were laid to rest near Harry’s parents.

Harry consoled a silently weeping Ginny and Mrs. Weasley as the funeral drug on. Ron had sat with his family and friends, yet none had the nerve, or the heart, to say anything to him. Mrs. Weasley did her best to comfort him, yet he had just ignored her.

Ron knew that Jenna and Hermione were in a better place, away from Voldemort and Death Eaters, away from death and magic; but he wanted them with himself.

Ron had been in a complete trance for the past few days. It had been four days since Voldemort had completely scarred their lives---no, it hadn’t. It hadn’t been the first time that Voldemort had made his mark upon them; he had already taken Harry’s parents, Sirius, Mr. Weasley, and Fred…

He shook his head. He didn’t know what to do with himself anymore. He thought about just ending it--- just ending it all to where he didn’t feel any more pain or suffering for everyone that he had lost. He knew that life had to go on, but it just didn’t seem right without Hermione and Jenna.

Ron knew that he would have to go somewhere; just go somewhere to where he wasn’t alone and by himself. He had to go to the Burrow. It would still be a depressing and lonely one, but he would be around his family, and that was what mattered.

He trudged slowly up the stairs, trying his best to hold in the weeping that he knew would come on soon. It wasn’t working. Silent tears fell down his crimson cheeks as he fastened the catch on his black cloak.

He stepped outside into the- how appropriate- rainy and sleeting weather. He balled a piece of his cloak in his hand and kept walking, pulling it closer to his body; trying to keep in the warmth.

He had meant to go to the Burrow… but something had happened. He wasn’t focused on the destination he desired, but on his own problems. He ended up in some random place… in the Muggle world?

He had absolutely no idea where he was.

~ * ~

Ron Weasley now walked down the small, dirt road he had landed on, just wishing that some stray Muggle car would just hit him.

He now had no desire to live.

Tears of emotion flew down his face. He just wished that everyone would go away and leave him alone. He knew that his wife and daughter were dead; he needn’t have people randomly coming up to him and apologising. He didn’t need their pity; he had enough on his own to go around to five other wizards. It wasn’t their fault anyway.

He wished that Hermione and Jenna were back with him.

Stop telling yourself that, Ron he told himself irritably. Nothing you do or think can bring them back. No matter how much you wish.

Or he was there with them. He had a plan; a plan that could do just that. It would be quick and painless; he knew exactly the spell and even the wand movements and the incantation. He heard Hermione back in his first year saying, “Swish and Flick, Ron. Swish and Flick. Wingardium Leviosa. Not Levi-O-sa!”

He silently chuckled at her hot-headedness. He knew how she could be.

He pulled out his wand carefully; he knew that with his luck it would just snap cleanly in two for no apparent reason.

Luck was definitely not on his side.

The wand did snap in two, but not just accidentally so. The Muggle car that Ron had been wishing for earlier went down the road noisily. Ron, startled from its sudden appearance, dropped the wand. The car ran over it as if it were just a small pebble in the dirt.

The car stopped, and the driver and its passenger got out.

“What the hell do you think that you’re doing? Huh?” the driver asked. He was a young man, roughly around the age of twenty. He had wavy, blonde hair that hung over his eyes.

A woman, apparently the passenger and the man’s girlfriend got out of the car, smacking a piece of chewing gum. “What’s this, hun?” she asked him stupidly. She had on the smallest pair of shorts that Ron had ever seen. He identified after a few moments thinking hat she had sunglasses on.

“I don’t know, but this son of a bitch just got in front of me! I could have hit you! Do you have any idea how much that would have costed me?” he asked furiously, glaring at Ron. Ron just stared at him, anger fuming through his system, but still saying nothing. He only cared about himself! He could have just hit Ron, and all that he would have cared about was the money.

“Oh, don’t yell at the boy, Mark.” The girl told him softly, pulling him in and giving him a long, passionate kiss on the lips. He pulled away a few seconds later.

“My car! My baby…” he crooned, jogging all around it to check out if there were any marks or dents.

“Hey! I thought that I was your baby!” the woman asked, the gum falling out her mouth and onto the ground.

Mark ignored her. “You got lucky on that one, mister. What are you doing out here all by yourself anyway? Do you want to get yourself killed?” he asked Ron, his eyebrows raised.

“I don’t care what happens to me anymore.” Ron took one last look at the couple and he started walking down the road in the opposite direction.

“Hey! Don’t walk away from me while I’m speaking to you!” Mark yelled after him. He pushed his girlfriend into the car and backed the car up forcefully. As he backed up, he nearly missed Ron again, but instead actually hit something.

A telephone pole.

Ron heard him curse incessantly at the pole as he got out to inspect the damage.

“MY JAGUAR!” he shrieked as he got out of the car. He rubbed his hands over the spot where the pole had hit and had made a man-sized dent in the trunk area.

He turned around slowly with an evil frown upon his face; his eyes looked as if they had fire burning in them.

“You.”

He said it calmly, but with pure anger. Chills went down Ron’s spine at the way that he spoke it.

“Baby, don’t do anything! It’s not his-”

Mark cursed again at his girlfriend’s stupidity and walked towards Ron.

“You are going to pay for his. You are going to pay-”

“Whoa! I didn’t do anything to your precious “jaguar”, or whatever it is you called that thing! I’m not paying for anything. I didn’t do it. It was your-”

“Don’t you dareinterrupt me!” the man said furiously, wagging a finger in Ron’s face.

If I had my wand… Ron thought, shaking his head. He allowed the man to vent for a full minute before saying anything.

“I. Didn’t. Do. Anything.” Ron repeated, getting in the man’s face. Ron towered a full three or four inches over Mark. Mark backed off, but for only a second.

He pulled back a balled fist and swung at Ron, hitting him right in the nose.

So this is how he wants to play? Ron said to himself angrily, rubbing his throbbing nose. His eyes watered at the contact and he could feel the blood pumping through his face. Muggle fighting? Well he knew how that worked. Fred and George had used it all the time with each other; not to mention when Harry had gotten into the fight with Malfoy in their fifth year.

Ron swung at the man as well, knocking him off his feet. He had hit him full on in the stomach.

By this time, the girlfriend had gotten out of the car again.

“OH!” she squalled unpleasantly, bending down to pick him up. “Sweetheart, what happened? I wasn’t watching! I was putting on my-”

She looked up suddenly, glaring at Ron.

“Did he do this?” she asked blankly.

Ron rubbed his hand where he had made contact with Mark’s stomach. “Yeah, I did.”

“Please leave him alone. He didn’t know what he was doing…His car gets in the way of his life, it really does.” She let out a laugh. “Sometimes I think that he loves his car more than he does me…”

She pushed back his hair and set his head in her own lap.

Ron silently stared at the two for a moment before realizing something.

They loved each other; the two really loved each other. The guy, Mark, had a person that he could love, and he basically was letting a stupid car get in the way? That is pure idiocy and foolishness, Ron thought. When you have someone to love, why do you push them away or love some inanimate object more? Ron shook his head and started walking away again, leaving the two alone, the woman once again whimpering over the man as if he were a child.