Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Unpredicted Happenings by Ron x Hermione

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I would like to thank, once again, Melissa (solemnlyswear_x) for beta-ing this entire story! Thanks so much for all of your help and support on this fiction. I really appreciate all of your help, and most of all, YOU! *giggles*

NOTE: I don't own Ron and Hermione in this fic. (Thank goodness...*breathes sigh of relief*) But, I do own Blen, though, and his kindness.
Ron felt himself growing lighter and lighter as he told Blen everything. He told him about how he and Hermione had met at Hogwarts. He told him how they had gotten married, and how they had had a beautiful child. Most of all, he told him how he had even ended up here in the first place.

How Voldemort had come into his life and ripped everything away from that happy picture; how he had murdered his wife and daughter. They were his life, and he told Blen how he didn’t think that he could go on for much longer without them in his own.

Blen sympathized and comforted him greatly.

“Ronald, I’m sure that Hermione would have wanted you to go on without her. I know that it hurts her to see you this way. You’re a nice guy- you don’t need to waste your life away,” Blen told him softly.

Ron suppressed a laugh. “That’s a bit harder than it sounds.”

“You can try. There’s no harm in that,” Blen told him.

Ron pointed to his empty mug and looked at Blen.

Blen sighed and pulled out his wand. He muttered an incantation, and with a small flick, Ron’s glass was filled again. He took a drink.

“You need to stop this. You don’t need a drink to help you through life.”

Ron looked at him with half-closed eyes and drunkenly shrugged.

“If I go on without them, it would be like I’m… forgetting their memories.” He banged his glass back down on the counter, empty.

Blen shook his head. “It’s not like that. Hermione wouldn’t have wanted you to forget her; just live life the best you could now. I’m sure that it hurts her to see you this way.”

Ron turned away.

“I know. I know how hard it is. I’ve seen so many good people come in here, day after day, and even week after week. They all have their problems. Everyone has problems, Ron; you’re not the only one. I can promise you that. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be sad for your losses; if it were me, I probably would have done something horrid to myself by now; I don’t know how you’ve done it. I’m glad that you found this place when you did, Ron. I’m glad to have met you; you’ve inspired even me, and that’s saying something.”

Ron gave him a very weak smile, and then put his head down on the bar.

“Do you wish that you had never been married, Ronald?” Blen asked firmly, looking him straight in the eyes and crossing his arms. He leaned against the counter of the pub, eyeing Ron intently.

Ron looked up at the man and smiled. “I… I know what you mean, I really do,” Ron told him.

Blen looked at him as if forcing him to answer the question.

Ron faltered.

If he said no, then that would mean that he had truly loved Hermione, loved that they had had a child…and then be forced to accept the heartbreak.

But, if he answered yes, then that would basically be saying that he could have gone without, and could care less about, Hermione and Jenna. Even though he would have gone without the heartbreak, he couldn’t imagine his life without the two. He couldn’t picture himself having a child and getting married to anyone but Hermione, either.

Ron licked his lips and shook his head slowly. “No,” he said finally. “No way in hell.”

A smile gradually came across Blen’s face.

“And I’m going to try.”

“That’s the best you can do, Ron.”

~ * ~

Ron stepped out into the sunlight of the day from the dilapidated bar he had been in in high spirits. Even though it was an old, sodden building that needed quite a bit of fixing up, Ron felt it was the most beautiful building he had ever seen. He waved one last goodbye to Blen, who nodded to him with a smile through a murky window. The weather was perfect.

The weather conditions didn’t necessarily match Ron’s feelings at the moment, but it lifted his spirit just the same.

As he made his way to the main road, Ron heard a distinct popping sound, just like the one that he had heard a few hours prior.

Ron turned around and looked out to where he had just stood a few seconds before.

The pub was gone.


Ten minutes later, Ron Weasley hiked up the road, fully content and set on getting on with his life. He knew that it was going to be hard, yet he hoped that he would get through it somehow. Blen had helped in more ways than he could ever know, and then he, Ron, had amazing family and friends to help him through his great losses. He could make it.

He finally got to a spot where he could Apparate.

~ * ~

Mark was in a fury. His girlfriend had begged him to turn around; they had already been driving for nearly two hours looking for him.

Finally, Mark found who he had been searching for.

Ron looked up from his thoughts, and was struck by the car immediately.

He died in St. Mungo’s the next day.

~ * ~

Ron is now finally home with Jenna and Hermione.

~AH! I'm sure that you all must absolutely hate me now; I killed Ron! But, you must think; he is home with Jenna and Hermione- the loves of his life. Thank so much for all of your support and reviews, everyone! Thanks again to Melissa for beta-ing! ~Lindsey :)