Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To Find the Truth by hopelesslyhopeful

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey all! Just a lil reminder that this is a WIP and as I was working on it tonight, I suddenly had what some may call a stroke of genius, but most will probably consider it a stroke of madness...meh, whatev. so anyway, i have to rewrite a few parts and such, but my awesome beta does have ch 12 so hopefully i won't keep you waiting too long! leave me a review too please! i love them, they keep me entertained at work...
Ch. 11 Gryffindor vs. Slytherin

I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing hard. I quickly made sure I hadn’t disturbed anyone and headed to the bathroom to compose myself and take a shower. When I walked back into my room, Pam and Trish were painting Sarah and Mack’s faces red and gold. I smiled at the scene and Sarah spotted me.

“You’re next, Lils,” she said, smiling.

“Let me change first,” I said, heading to my closet.

“We’re getting really decked out for the match, Lily,” Pam said, going and rummaging through her closet.

She laid out a pair of red tights, a short jean skirt, and a small gold t-shirt with ‘Only Lions need apply’ written in red across it. I looked at her with a cocked eyebrow and she nodded. “You are ridiculous, Pam,” I said, shaking my head.

She smiled. “No, Lily…this is what you’re wearing!”

“No way!” I said as the four girls surrounded me.

“Don’t worry, we’re all wearing something similar,” Mack said, grinning.

And then they pounced.

“Oh, you look AWESOME!” Pam squealed.

“Your Dad is going to freak out,” Sarah said.

I smirked at that comment and led the way to the pitch.

***

Brian just pursed his lips and shook his head as he sat next to Trish. Siri couldn’t tell what I was wearing so he just did the nose thing and got into position.

“So, what is that all about?” Mack asked, touching her nose.

“When we were little we created our own way of waving that people wouldn’t really recognize and touching our noses is what we came up with,” I explained as Bry nodded.

“If he ever tugs on his ear, you know he’s in trouble,” Bry said, smiling.

“And they’re off! Slytherin Chaser, Krum, with the Quaffle, dodges Bludger sent by Weasley, heads toward Gryffindor Keeper, Acker…SCORE! Ten-nil, Slytherin,” Amber yelled.

“BOO!!” our section roared.

“Thomas with the Quaffle for Gryffindor, passes to Potter, Potter bolts across the field, passes to Lupin, Lupin shoots…SCORE!”

“YES!” Sarah and I yelled, jumping up and down.

“Krum to Goyle, Goyle passes to Mason, Mason shoots…SAVE! Excellent save by Acker!”

The game continued and I could tell it was getting brutal. Siri and Natalie were both bleeding and James took a Bludger to the stomach. Antram and the Slytherin Seeker, Hart, were bumping each other every chance they got and Jake was hit in the face by a Slytherin Beater’s bat.

“FOUL!” Sarah and I yelled for what felt like the hundredth time.

“Potter to shoot the penalty…SCORE! 60-80, Gryffindor!”

Antram and Hart were streaking through the air, neck and neck, toward the middle of the field.

“Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!” Mack yelled, practically jumping over Pam.

“GO! GO!” I screamed, throwing my fist in the air and not caring who I hit in the process.

“Antram and Hart are racing to the Snitch! This is going to be close!” Amber yelled.

Suddenly, the two Seekers dove to the ground, Antram putting distance between her and Hart. Did I mention that she kicks ass? Because she totally does!

“Ohmygodoh-”

“Shut up, Mack!” Pam said, smacking her hand over Mack’s mouth.

“GOOOOO!” Sarah and I screamed again, jumping onto the backs of the boys in front of us.

Antram pulled up and I saw she was sticking her tongue out at Hart.

“YAY! WE WON!” we all screamed as we mobbed the field.

This time, I didn’t get stuck behind anybody; I ran straight to Siri and hugged him fiercely.

“Great game! That was so awesome, Siri!” I said, hugging him again.

“Thanks, Lils! I…WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU WEARING?” he yelled.

I ducked my head to hide my blushing face. “House colors, Siri! Jake! Great game,” I said, hugging him.

He laughed. “Oh man, Lily. You five look bloody fantastic,” he said.

We headed back by Siri and Natalie, Pam and Trish kept giggling anytime Jake moved, which I found annoying. When Siri spotted us, he shook his head and grabbed Sarah and I.

“What the hell are you two doing?” he asked, frowning at us.

“Excellent match, Potter!” a voice shouted.

Siri looked up and smiled before turning back to us. “Dad is going to kill both of you!” he whispered.

“I think they look great!” James said, hugging us.

Siri shook his head and headed to the locker room with Jake and James following.

“Let’s go back to the common room,” I said, grabbing Sarah and catching up with Pam, Trish, and Mack.

***

“Sarah and Lily, stop right now!”

My heart dropped and Sarah’s hand twitched in mine. Mack, Pam, and Trish had already passed through the portrait hole, but Sarah and I weren’t so lucky.

“Uncle Harry, great match, don’t you agree?” Sarah asked in a high pitched voice.

“Flobberworm,” I whispered, causing the portrait hole to open again.

“Lillian Ginevra Potter, don’t you walk away from me,” Professor Potter warned.

I yanked Sarah’s hand and pushed her into the common room. She looked at me wide-eyed as I stepped in. “We aren’t doing anything wrong, Professor,” I said, walking in without glancing at him.

Mack and Sarah were just standing there with their jaws dropped. “He’s going to kill you!” Mack said while Sarah just nodded.

“Good! Maybe that will help me figure him out,” I said, heading to my room. The encounter with Professor Potter had left me with little desire to celebrate.

***

I spent the rest of the weekend studying and found exams rather easy. I was still avoiding Professor Potter, despite his attempt to make me talk to him. It bothered me that he thought I was doing this out of anger. Didn’t he realize he betrayed me? I wasn’t angry; I was more hurt than anything.

“How did it go?” Siri asked as I joined him at dinner.

“Fine, especially since I was taught proper dueling when I was about five,” I said, grabbing a bowl of stew.

“He could fail you out of spite,” Jake said, laughing.

“I still can’t believe you walked away from him the other day!” James said, shaking his head.

“What? We weren’t doing anything wrong!” I exclaimed.

“Deciding to walk out of your dorm in that outfit wasn’t exactly right, Lily!” Siri said heatedly.

I threw my roll at him. I was so sick of this conversation and how the guys failed to remember that my entire dorm was dressed the same way.

“Are you packed?” I asked Siri in an attempt to change the subject.

He nodded.

“When are you guys going to the Burrow?” Sarah asked.

“Probably the twenty-third, but I’m not sure. I haven’t talked to Mum in a while,” I said, shrugging.

“Where?” Mack asked.

“The Burrow is where our Gran lives. Our entire family all stays there over the holidays,” Siri explained.

“So you guys will all be together for most of the holidays?” Mack asked.

I noticed a touch of jealousy in her voice. “Would you like to visit, Mack? It wouldn’t be a problem at all; Gran always loves having visitors,” I told her.

She nodded. “Oh, that would be lovely! How about around the end of break? That way I could just come back to school with you guys,” she suggested.

“That would be perfect!” Sarah said, smiling.

“It’s settled then. I’ll owl Gran tomorrow when we get home,” I said, smiling.

I went to bed early since I hadn’t finished packing and by the time I crawled into bed, both Sarah and Mack had fallen asleep.

***

“Lily! Wake up! We’re due in your dad’s office in an hour!” Sarah said.

“Yeah, yeah,” I replied, sitting up.

We took quick showers, got dressed, and dragged our trunks down to the common room, where we joined the boys.

“Look at them, Jake, isn’t it cute the way they drag their trunks?” Siri asked, laughing.

“What else can we do?” I asked, rubbing sweat off my forehead.

“Um…levitate them, you know, use magic,” Jake said, smirking.

I snorted, grabbed my wand, and pointed it at his trunk. “Locomotor trunk!” I said, flicking it in the direction of Jake.

Jake’s trunk zoomed across the floor and rammed him in the shins, causing him to fall over. “Ouch! Dammit, Lily!” he grumbled.

“I like that spell better!” I said, smirking. We all headed to Professor Potter’s office to Floo home.