Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dream Come True by rupertgrintlover13

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is all fluffy. It's probably the cutest little story ever. It doesn't really start out that way but it'll get there I promise. Keep reading and reviewing!
Harry woke up and stretched his arms. It felt good. There was no pain in his body. Everything had finally healed. Voldemort had been defeated for a few months now and all of the Death Eaters were in Azkaban. For the first time ever, life felt simple and good. Harry stood up and almost hit his head on Ron’s low ceiling. He could hear his friend's low snores coming from the bed on the other side of the room. He chuckled and began to get dressed.

When he was putting on his socks, Ron awoke with a start. He sat up and mumbled something. As he saw Harry he sighed, “I keep forgetting you’re in here, Mate! Are you going to Godric’s Hollow?” Harry nodded as he looked for his trainers. “Construction…you know…” Ron rubbed at his eyes and flopped his feet to the floor. They danced around until they made their way into his slippers.

“How long is it going to be until you can move in?” Ron asked as he stood up, his head dangerously close to the ceiling.

“I don’t know,” said Harry, “but I hope that when I do, your sister is with me.” Harry didn't have any shame talking about Ginny in front of Ron anymore, but Ron had a different opinion on the matter.

His ears turned red, “Don’t talk about being with my sister around me! It's rather odd…my best mate with my little sister…” He shuddered and stuck his tongue out. “Keep your love life to yourself.”

Harry laughed and casually asked, “How long is it going to be until you and Hermione get together?”

“What!?” Ron straightened up so fast that his head hit his ceiling. He rubbed at the bump, “Me and Hermione? What are you talking about?”

“Come on, you’ve fancied each other for ages. How long do we all have to wait before either of you realizes it?”

“Come off it! Hermione and me? You’re off your rocker!” Ron pulled his shirt on over his head. Harry could see that he was blushing profusely. "Merlin, Harry..."

“If you say so, but I’m not the only one who thinks that. Everyone does! Even your mother!” By this time Harry had both of his trainers on and his hair somewhat under control. “Ponder that while I go do something productive that doesn’t make me gape like an idiot.”

Ron closed his mouth, which had been hanging open. Harry left him standing there confused and went down to the kitchen. As he passed Ginny’s room he couldn’t help but look in and smile at her. She was sitting by her window with Hermione. Her red hair was tied in a ribbon. She looked beautiful, even in jeans and a t-shirt. She smiled back but kept on talking. Hermione didn’t even seem to notice him.

Harry entered the kitchen and sat down next to Fred. “What are you doing here?” he asked. Right after he said it he realized how rude it had been. “Sorry, it’s just that you’re usually at your shop.”

Fred nodded, “George is taking over today so I can have some quality time with my favorite…er…favorite Harry building his house.” He smiled sheepishly at his word choice, but gave Harry a firm clap on the back nonetheless.

“You don’t have to,” Harry insisted. “After all, Bill, Charlie, Ron, and your Dad are already helping me.”

“Exactly why George and I decided to take turns coming to help. We figure the sooner you get out of here, the sooner you and Ginny get back together. You were good for her, you know, even if you do attract far too much attention. Therefore, we help.”

Harry didn’t know what to say. He smiled and took a piece of toast off of the pile. Soon he would be able to go home for good. The Burrow was as much of a home as he had ever known but now he had his parent’s old home in Godric’s Hollow to look forward to. It had been left to him and as soon as the needed repairs were done he would get to move in.

“Bill and Charlie are already there trying to get some pixies out of the curtains in one of the guest bedrooms. Apparently Charlie’s ears are about three times their normal size because they keep launching him out of the window using his ears as handles. I would pay big money to see him bouncing down the street with ears the size of dinner plates.”

Harry finished his toast and waved to Fred, “I’ll see you in a bit then. I assume you are going to wait for your dad and Ron. Ron will be down in a bit. He was waking up when I left.” Fred saluted him and went back to his eggs.

Harry Apparated to Godric’s Hollow and he heard Bill’s shouts immediately. “STOP GRABBING HIS EARS.” He heard a loud crash. Somebody cursed loudly.

Harry rushed up the stairs and went into the nearest guest room. About six pixies had Charlie Weasley by the ears and were pulling him toward the window. Bill had given up using magic and was beating them with his wand. Harry whipped his own wand out and shouted,“Stupefy!” The pixies were small so his spell took out two at once. He repeated his several times until all of Charlie’s pixies were lying stunned on the floor around him.

“Thanks for that,” he panted as he slowly shrunk his ears back to their normal size. He scooped up all of the pixies and stuck them in a bag. “I think we’re going to donate these to Hogwarts. They’ll have a need for them somewhere. Is that all of them?” He gingerly poked his wand at the curtains. Nothing flew out at him so he sighed and sat on the floor.

“What’s next?” asked Harry eagerly. Charlie gave him a looked of pure hatred and threw himself back to the floor and let out a moan. Harry instead asked Bill who looked around the room with his hands on his hips, trying to find something else that needed to be done.

“We could straighten up this room. That wouldn’t take much magic and there is no big chance for injury.” Harry agreed and Charlie grunted.

They had been cleaning up and repairing Godric’s Hollow since Harry had defeated Voldemort and learned that the house was his. They had recently finished the downstairs and had begun working on the bedrooms. Charlie had come back from Romania to help and Bill had taken time away from Fleur each day as well. They two of them had put a lot of work into the house and Harry was very grateful.

It took about half an hour to clean and straighten up the room. Bill then mentioned that there was a boggart in the wardrobe of the master bedroom and some doxies in Harry’s old room.

Harry decided to tackle the boggart. Right before he opened the wardrobe door he heard a crack. He heard Ron yell something at Fred. Mr. Weasley yelled something at Ron. Fred started to yell something at his father when Ron hit him with a jinx. Harry ran down the stairs as Fred started on Ron. He pulled them apart, quickly telling Fred and Mr. Weasley that Charlie and Bill were in his old room taking care of some doxies and needed assistance. When then had gone up the stairs, Harry gave Ron a look and led him up the stairs to the master bedroom.

“There’s a boggart in there,” he said pointing at the door. “It’s going to become a dementor but I’m going to change it into Fred in a pink cloak and he’s going to trip over it and fall on his face. Then you laugh, got it?” Harry had his wand pointed directly at Ron’s face. He was sick of Ron always starting fights with his brothers. “Uh-huh…” whined Ron looking at Harry’s wand. Harry lowered it and made his way to the wardrobe. He pulled open the door and a dementor flew out. He saw it’s scaly hands reaching toward him. As it was lowering its hood he shouted “Riddikulus!” All of a sudden the cape turned a bright shade of pink and the hood fell down revealing Fred. He shouted and tripped over the hem of the cape and fell onto his face. Ron let out a loud “HA!” and the boggart disappeared with a wave of Harry’s wand.

“Thanks,” he said to Ron. “Don’t mention it,” said Ron, pink in the face and slightly flustered.

As they were walking out of the door Ginny and Hermione came hurrying up the stairs.

Hermione hugged Harry and then Ron. Ron blushed when she hugged him. “Good morning!” she said. Ginny stood just behind her and looked at Harry. He smiled and she looked down at the floor. This had gone on long enough. They had to talk.

“Ginny…can we talk for minute?” He asked casually, hoping no one else would detect anything suspicious. She looked up and nodded.

They walked down the stairs and into the backyard. Harry sat on a bench just outside the door and patted the seat next to him. Ginny sat down gingerly as though she was on pins.

“How are you?” she asked awkwardly. Harry could tell that she was trying to keep things friendly.

“Ginny, I’m sick of just being your friend! I only said that because of Voldemort! Now that he’s gone everything can go back to normal! I miss you…I love you…” He knew that the outburst was sudden and to the point, but he'd been holding it all in for far too long.

Ginny blinked back tears. Harry was surprised because she hadn’t even cried when they had split up. She took his hand in her own, “I didn’t think you were ever going to say that!” she cried, “I love you too, Harry James Potter and if you don’t kiss me right now I think I’ll explode!” She pulled his face over to hers and put her lips up to his, caressing his face in her hands like she hadn't been able to do for over a year.

Harry kissed her back just as eagerly. He had hardly expected this to go this well. In fact, he had expected her to call him a jerk for waiting so long and then hate him for even thinking that she still had feelings for him. He put his arms around her and pulled their lips apart, holding her close to him. He felt her put her head on his shoulder and then her hot, happy tears spilling onto his shirt. He could smell the familiar floral scent of her hair, and it was the best thing in the world. She had just finished school the previous year so they had their entire lives to be together just like they were at this moment.

He heard happy cheers and looked up to see everyone piled around an upstairs window watching them. He looked back down and Ginny grinned up at him. He kissed her nose lightly, “It’s good to be home.”